• Bush

11 34.38%
  • Kerry

21 65.63%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Bush vs Kerry

Beans

Re: Bush vs Kerry

I as a liberal free-fought european will just have to suffer bush for another four years.

The state of the world is very serious at the moment, and in my opinion having bush at the helm does not really help a lot.
    If this is life, I think I'll live another day

Beans
    Hidden!

No. Some may agree with his morals, but the fact is, people are dying unnecessarily every day because of his personal war.

Beans

The only good thing I'll say about him is that he does what he believes in and acts.

The bad thing is that he does not help the world doing so. :-S

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenWolf
    The only good thing I'll say about him is that he does what he believes in and acts.

The bad thing is that he does not help the world doing so. :-S
    True. He does have a very steadfast, gung-ho attitude which is necessary for a president, but he stays steadfast and gung-ho when he's making major mistakes, which is a very BAD thing for a president to do. Kerry wasn't as steadfast, but at least he admits that opinions can change when new information is gathered.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by panickedthumb
    True. He does have a very steadfast, gung-ho attitude which is necessary for a president, but he stays steadfast and gung-ho when he's making major mistakes, which is a very BAD thing for a president to do. Kerry wasn't as steadfast, but at least he admits that opinions can change when new information is gathered.
    Here in Holland we've got the same type of guy as a Prime Minister.
    Needless to say he and bush are virtually best friends.

The guy is still preaching morals, respect and complaining about being compared to Harry Potter, while christians and muslims here are up in arms against eachother.

We've had dozens of arsonist attacks on churches and mosque's, and all the while, the politicians are messing about. :-S

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mduduzi
    If only you knew how side-lined my faith is.
    Christianity is side-lined? I'm a Buddhist and I feel that my faith is side-lined since far right-wing Christians cry persecution and try to condemn those of other faiths. The only "persecution" Christians face in this nation is not getting what they want. Life doesn't always turn out as you want.

No, don't throw Bible verses at me either since I will only throw Dhammapada verses at you as well. Just let others hav their faith. As for gay marriage, I could care less. Our national trade deificit is so bad, we need to focus on that and not what or how gays live their lives. As long as they have human rights, they are fine.
    Last edited by Sith; January 13th, 2005 at 08:59 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I draw the line here. Some of the statements in this thread are absolutely inappropriate.

This will also begin a new rule: NO Political Topics allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxradar
    Linux's audio architecture is more like the layers of the Earth's crust than the network model, with lower levels occasionally erupting on to the surface, causing confusion and distress, and upper layers moving to displace the underlying technology that was originally hidden

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567