Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Welcome to the Ohio LoCo Team Forum

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Welcome to the Ohio LoCo Team Forum

Quote Originally Posted by msak007 View Post
    Glad to see there's finally an Ohio LoCo. I kept checking for one and was surprised to see one so thanks for putting it together. I just joined the Ohio Team LoCo on Launchpd.
    Welcome to the team!

Beans

Hello all

I was surprised to come across this forum I'm a new Ubuntu/linux user and i'm just starting to get my feet wet. I hope to be able to learn as much as I can from this forum and meet new friends.

Pending approval I will be joining this team.

Till then ....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Hello all

Welcome to the team!

Great to see a new Linux user!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Your surprise will be your savior. This forum is probably the number one reason I use Kubuntu. I have not found another distro with anything resembling this much community support. Even when I google a general linux question not pertaining specifically to Kubuntu it usually takes me to this forum were I find the answer. Since you just started out I suggest that before you get to far in to it you do a clean install of kubuntu. I find KDE to be much more satisfying than Gnome but as you will probably find out that is a personal preference. Also backup you /home /etc and /boot folders before doing any major configuring or you will be doing a lot of fresh installs. Good luck.
    There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Hello and welcome to Linux and the forums. Everyone here will tell you the same thing (we're all biased ), but you will find out in time that this is indeed the best Linux support community out there. Let us know if you need any help getting started.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by daisuki View Post
    Pending approval I will be joining this team.

Till then ....
    Welcome to the team!

Beans

Thanks for all comments... They're much appreciated....

I'm a Windows Network Administrator by day.... I'm currently running Edgy on an old Dell Laptop i had laying about. Seems to work well other than the wonky behaviour of my microsoft wireless card not wanting to connect to my wireless access point at work because i wasn't broadcasting the ssid ...... never did resolve that issue but none-the-less works now that i have enabled the ssid broadcast.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345