Thread: Submitting HOWTO's

Beans

Exclamation Submitting HOWTO's

I've submitted a handful of HOWTO's in my career, and never have I known (until today, when I visited #ubuntuforums) that the HOWTO's were screened before being posted. I think this should be a little more transparent. Perhaps, after hitting Submit, the submitter should be notified of this policy, or something. Or perhaps a sort of sticky regarding this. At least something.

Offtopic: The New Thread could be a little more visible too .

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Submitting HOWTO's

The howto's are screened to make sure that what is being posted is in fact a howto.

People have posted threads asking for help with things other then the guides listed there thus the need for the screen,and this method allows for the odd threads to be place in their respective sections.
    Advantages and Disadvantages of 64bit.(Plus install Guides)

‘In search of some small measure of peace, that we all seek, and few of us ever find.’

Beans

Re: Submitting HOWTO's

Quote Originally Posted by SD-Plissken View Post
    The howto's are screened to make sure that what is being posted is in fact a howto.

People have posted threads asking for help with things other then the guides listed there thus the need for the screen,and this method allows for the odd threads to be place in their respective sections.
    Its just that we can't see a place where this is explained to users...
    Every time you install Jaunty, a kitten........ wait sorry what year is this again?
    Please don't PM support questions, post a thread so that everyone can benefit
    Join us in #ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net