Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: How to: Xubuntu - Thunar Native Windows Network Browsing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How to: Xubuntu - Thunar Native Windows Network Browsing

any update on this transport problem?

seems pretty ridiculous, is there anyway to "upgrade" to a working old package?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I Hope That first page will have update also on Newest version solution
    Since its last edited 2007 i would not like to try that since i want clean system
    If anyone can tell me how to get last steps back if they were incorect then ill do anything to my Xubuntu

Beans

I have recently updated to Jaunty and now use Gigolo to connect to network shares. It does not let you display available shares but using bookmarks makes life much easier.
    ASUS Zenbook 14 Ubuntu 22.10

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by foxy123 View Post
    I have recently updated to Jaunty and now use Gigolo to connect to network shares. It does not let you display available shares but using bookmarks makes life much easier.
    With Gigolo, I can make a connection to my network share, but I cannot browse it or otherwise access it.

This truly sucks...it has to be some kind of poor joke...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tsali View Post
    With Gigolo, I can make a connection to my network share, but I cannot browse it or otherwise access it.

do you have fuse-gvfs installed? i think that without it you cannot open shares mounted by gigolo
    ASUS Zenbook 14 Ubuntu 22.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by foxy123 View Post
    do you have fuse-gvfs installed? i think that without it you cannot open shares mounted by gigolo
    Right now I'm doing a total fresh install of Jaunty, hoping it might work where the "upgrade" didn't, so I can't test this. Will Gigolo allow browsing so that I can see all the shared folders on the Win XP box???

Beans

In Xubuntu 9.04, you need install "gvs-fuse'' and "fusesmb" before you can open remote folder/filesystem icon in Gigolo.

When you drag&drop or copy/paste to desktop, it doesn't show you the progress bar;however, it's creating a folder and is doing the copy.

To be more visible of the progress, you need to drag&drop or copy/paste from remote folder (double click to make Thunar open a folder window for this remote system) to one of your folder (double click, say your "home"). This way, you can see the progress.
    Last edited by cgkx; 2 Minutes Ago at 05:02 AM..
    Just an update, I just have two SMB machines so I use IP directly in Gigolo, instead of trying to figure out way of "browsing network". Will update if there's neat one.
    Last edited by cgkx; May 20th, 2009 at 03:19 PM. Reason: update

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

cgkx,

Thank you for your quick and thoughtful reply. Unfortunately, the networking problem with 9.04 was the least of my troubles. A myriad other problems (no recognition of mouse, ACPI failure, failure to boot at all after one successful boot with the etc4 system, then going through the obligate post-install update mgr updates, total failure of the system with the drum majorette's baton twirling and twirling!!! I'm currently in the middle of reinstalling 8.04 from scratch (saved all data to a remote server prior to any of this) amd will use your suggestions with Samba when installed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Thumbs down Re: How to: Xubuntu - Thunar Native Windows Network Browsing

Nice How to!

For though who are having trouble or Just staring out out try pyNeigborhood. small, lightweight can use smb or cif and is in synaptic.

I made a launcher in my panel `gksudo pyNeighborhood`. all Done

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tsali View Post

i found i had to change the volume manager implementation from HAL to unix in the gigolo preferences

i don't think you need gvfs-fuse as it is using gvfs-open

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast