Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Edgy Howto: Brother Printer MFC-215c complete

Beans

Re: Edgy Howto: Brother Printer MFC-215c complete

[QUOTE=Jose Catre-Vandis;2275292]
    Download all the necessary drivers from the Brother site
    Code:
    http://solutions.brother.com/Library/sol/printer/linux/rpmfiles/lpr_others/dcp540cnlpr-1.0.0-9.i386.rpm
    Hi, thanks for this great help for installing my new dcp-540cn - with only some little problems described now:
    1. I think, you didn't mean dcp540cnlpr-1.0.0-9.i386.rpm but dcp540cnlpr-1.0.0-9.i386.deb - file, downloadable here:
    http://www.brother.com/cgi-bin/agree...ng=English_lpr

2. Another little problem, I had: My printer show me his ip in his display in this form: 192.168.178.023 , but for the installation I must take 192.168.178.23 (without zero!)

3. Your downloadadress for brscan2-0.2.1-1.i386.deb failed, successful download here:
    wget http://solutions.brother.com/Library...2.1-1.i386.deb

Greetz,
    ee
    Last edited by ee2592; September 10th, 2007 at 01:04 AM.

Beans

Scanner permissions problem

For those people that are getting this error:

AS user
    BUT can use the scanner as root.

You can resolve this problem adding 'OPTIONS+="last_rule"' to your udev rules. Edit /etc/udev/rules.d/45-libsane.rules . Your lines should be:
    Code:
    # Brother MFC 9600
    SYSFS{idVendor}=="04f9", SYSFS{idProduct}=="0101", MODE="664", GROUP="scanner", OPTIONS+="last_rule"
    # Brother MFC 7300c
    SYSFS{idVendor}=="04f9", SYSFS{idProduct}=="0106", MODE="664", GROUP="scanner", OPTIONS+="last_rule"
    # Brother DCP 115C
    SYSFS{idVendor}=="04f9", SYSFS{idProduct}=="018c", MODE="664", GROUP="scanner", OPTIONS+="last_rule"

Beans

many thanks for useful post.
    Finally got my acer t180 working completely without Hasta la Vista baby.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Thanks, matchless! Installed my MFC-420cn on the first try. It's connected straight into my network and I can now print and scan from it. Yay!

I would, however, request that you make your instructions a little more n00b friendly. I was trying to figure out how to
    Create a new directory in /var/spool/lpd
    for several minutes. I tried from Konqueror (several times, because the the first couple times I might not have held my tongue just the right way when I clicked the mouse.) and I even tried "md" (from my MSDOS days years ago) in the Konsole. And nothing worked. I finally started reading through the thread to see if any other newbies had the same problem. I got to page 4 and saw Jose Catre-Vandis's post. He included the "mkdir" command in his set of instructions. After that, everything in your instruction set worked to perfection!

Thanks again!

Beans
    Hidden!

Brother DCP-540CN howto updated and working in clean install of Gutsy 7.10

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...2&postcount=31
    No longer participating......

Beans

Used this guide to install a networked Brother DCP-315cn on gutsy gibon, it worked first time.
    Haven`t checked the fax, but print/scan works just fine.
    Thanks for making this howto.
    Frank

Beans

Now, after two days and one night without sleeping, my system is running nearly completly - just one thing is not working and it seemed to be that i need to install windows again, because it is impossible for me to print.

here you all explain very good how to do - but in fact, even i try to follow these steps, i only get erroe messages because for example dcp540cncupswrapper-1.0.0-10.i386.deb is not working even i download exacly like you all wrote.

i do not know what else i can do - i have the Brother CVP-540CN and i need to print out a lot of things - i am new with UBUNTU, but anything else was nearly no problem. Would be nice if it would be possible for someone to make a package or so i can run completly ...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Lightbulb Re: Edgy Howto: Brother Printer MFC-215c complete

I've added the Brother DCP-115C to OpenPrinting website, so if someone has something to add or change.

http://www.openprinting.org/show_pri...other-DCP-115C

Thanks
    Music is the sedative for mind...

Beans

Great! This solved the problem of scanning! Just had to make some arrangements to modify this file, as permissions there are only for superusers!

HAVE YOU A SOLUTION SIMILAR TO PUT IT WORKING AS PRINTER?

Thanks in ADVANCE!
    FF

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by buntgrau View Post
    Now, after two days and one night without sleeping, my system is running nearly completly - just one thing is not working and it seemed to be that i need to install windows again, because it is impossible for me to print.

here you all explain very good how to do - but in fact, even i try to follow these steps, i only get erroe messages because for example dcp540cncupswrapper-1.0.0-10.i386.deb is not working even i download exacly like you all wrote.

i do not know what else i can do - i have the Brother CVP-540CN and i need to print out a lot of things - i am new with UBUNTU, but anything else was nearly no problem. Would be nice if it would be possible for someone to make a package or so i can run completly ...
    Is the CVP-540cn an alternate name to DCP-540cn? (seems logical!)

Which part of the world are you in and which version of Ubuntu are you running? Gutsy implements things slightly differently than Feisty and before.
    No longer participating......

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456