Thread: problems with cedega

Beans

problems with cedega

i installed cedega by downloading the .deb file and double-clicking it... when i ran it, i got past the agreement, but after i enter my account info and press forward, it crashes everytime, anyone know whats wrong?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: problems with cedega

Try install it via the terminal and afterwards start cedega through the terminal. Check for output.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

simelar problem, only i can't get the licence agreement to display. It in fact locks my whole system up, short of a hard reboot there is nothing i can do to fix this.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Intelligence View Post
    Try install it via the terminal and afterwards start cedega through the terminal. Check for output.
    did that... only output was "Killed" when i had to force quit, any other suggestions?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I'm having the same problems, but in the i386 version (so it's not a 64bit issue). I was able to get into the program by downloading the cedega engine from the website, but I can't get anything else like the fonts and mozilla crap. It seems to be an issue with the auto update feature.
    Lenovo s10 Netbook: Jaunty
    Desktop: Jaunty amd64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I found an answer to the problem on the transgaming forums. Here's the fix (it worked for me):
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash

...and select "No" when it asks wether dash should be installed as /bin/sh. It will then make /bin/sh a symlink to /bin/bash as Cedega (and many other scripts) expects.
    Then try running Cedega again, and check for updates (it probably will automatically if you've never gotten past that point after installing it).
    Lenovo s10 Netbook: Jaunty
    Desktop: Jaunty amd64

Beans

sweet! got it to update and run... now its time to go play! thanks again for the solution

Beans

I'm having another problem, whenever I open any of the files in cedega, no matter which one it is, nothing happens, a window pops up and it is simply blank. I can't get past this problem because, obviously, there's nothing to click. I thought it may be a problem with Ark, but I'm not sure. Can anyone help me?