Thread: Active ways NU UBUNTU TEAM members are marketing and distributing Ubuntu ;-)

Beans

Active ways NU UBUNTU TEAM members are marketing and distributing Ubuntu ;-)

For all our current member base and to those who would like to join:

What ways are you finding most effective to market and distribute Ubuntu?

I have found the best way for me to distribute is at a local bookstore in Washington DC...at Dupont Circle:

Olsson's Books and Records

http://www.olssons.com/
    on 19th Street, N.W. near Dupont Circle in Washington, D.C.

1307 19th St., NW
    Washington, DC 20036
    one block south of Dupont Circle
    Books: (202) 785-1133
    Music: (202) 785-2662
    Fax: (202) 785-1736
    Mon-Wed: 10:00am - 10:00pm
    Thu-Sat: 10:00am - 10:30pm
    Sun: 12:00noon - 8:00pm
    Metro: On the Red Line at Dupont Circle

I actively stock distribution CD's that Ubuntu has sent me here....this is awesome and the overall response rate is amazing! If you have a funky independent bookstore or coffee shop near you talk to the manager &/or owners and I am sure they would be more then happy to be a distribution hub for Ubuntu.

Here is the current member list...if you live in the Northeastern United States in
    ME,NH,VT,MA,RI,CT,NY,NJ,PA,DE,MD,DC,VA and WV....please contact me to become an active team member.

Team members

There are 21 direct members of the "NU Ubuntu Team" team, and 21 people are members in total, directly and indirectly through other team memberships.
    Jozef
    Last edited by RAV TUX; November 17th, 2006 at 06:48 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

Re: Active ways NU UBUNTU TEAM members are marketing and distributing Ubuntu ;-)

I've given them away at my University's 'Freshmen Activities Fair'...all of the clubs set up tables and the freshmen walk around and see if they're interested in joining any of them...lots of free swag is given out, so we give the gift of Ubuntu!

Beans

Re: Active ways NU UBUNTU TEAM members are marketing and distributing Ubuntu ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by steevk View Post
    I've given them away at my University's 'Freshmen Activities Fair'...all of the clubs set up tables and the freshmen walk around and see if they're interested in joining any of them...lots of free swag is given out, so we give the gift of Ubuntu!
    btw you have been added to the member list...

https://launchpad.net/people/nuubuntuteam/+members

Universities are a great marketing resource,...I actively distribute through the Hillel at my wifes university.

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

Excellent. Thank you.