Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You voted.... RIGHT??????

Beans

Re: You voted.... RIGHT??????

Waited in line for 3+ hours, but yes, I have voted.

Beans

I voted this morning on my way to work. It took an excruciating 8 minutes from the time I entered until I was done voting

Beans

I'm British, but I hope everyone who could vote, did.

This election affects the whole world, so the more voters the better.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Yes, I did. I'm a "permanent absentee voter" (they do things like this in California), but I agonized and procrastinated so long I had to physically drop my ballot at my precinct's polling place. Oh, well...

Seriously, exercising the privilege of franchise is one of the (too) few meaningful ways to make a difference. And if you consider it a "right" and not a "privilege", think of all of the areas in the world where it's not even an option ...

Enough of my soapbox. As they used to say in Chicago, "Please remember to vote early...and often!" <g>
    "....I'm a user, not a programmer...."

Beans

Yes, I voted.
    My first time too. I hope it leaves me with a good president for the next few years so that I'll have Social Security when I retire.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mark
    As they used to say in Chicago, "Please remember to vote early...and often!" <g>
    LOL...I'm from the Chicagoland area and that's too funny. Don't forget about the *really* old voters...who's current addresses are suspiciously located in cemetery

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

My precinct is one hour away from my college and my car died yesterday. No, I didn't get to waste my vote.

Beans

I'm to young to vote, yes I know whats your thinking...How old are you Mr. FLeiXiuS. Its consiquently so that I am 16 years old.

If I could of voted, I would've went Bush all of the way. (Yes I do know the political factors, don't start politics with me )

Regards,
    FL-ei-|X|-iu-S
    ][ My Blog ][

Beans

I live in Canada, and I'm watching the election results in horror, Bush looks like he's ahead. Wtf?

I side with the spanish guy, Bush should be dragger infront of the human rights courts.

But I do agree, voting is important, I voted when the elections were here, but the party I voted for didn't kill thousands of innocent people in a country half way around the world. And, didn't cause the deaths of more than a thousand soilders in my army to line their pocket books. For some reason the american elections mean more....hmmm, wonder why?

Go vote!

Beans

Yes, I voted on Oct 9th.
    daniel dot stone at ubuntu dot com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast