Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Compiling and Installing WineCVS with WineTools

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Compiling and Installing WineCVS with WineTools

Something must have been forgotten from the tutorial. (where is the dude that wrote it?)

I'm pretty much gonna give up on this one.

Beans

For all of you having trouble with installing internet explorer.. you can compile and use the 20050111 build. It works perfectly for me. Get it here .

Beans

That worked for me.
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

For all of you who could not success with internet explorer with latest cvs build wine 20050524 ;

Try this (It is the best for IE6) : http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/index.html

That's just for internet explorer and doesn't create .wine or config for wine. It only creates it's own config and .ies4linux folder. That's it. Have ie with this.

Then use winetools for other windows stuff. That would be better cause seperate configs and folders.

regards

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sexycatsinhats
    For all of you having trouble with installing internet explorer.. you can compile and use the 20050111 build. It works perfectly for me. Get it here .
    That worked for me! thanks very much!

Beans

I was unable to get cvs login got Conenction about check CVSROOT i dont know.... but when i ghet this install can i install my printer driver under wine
    Registered Linux user #392928

(\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    Bunny, taking over the world, one signature at a time.

Beans

Trying to follow this howto, I've run into a problem. When I run wineinstall I get the following error:
    /sbin/ldconfig: Can't create temporary cache file /etc/ld.so.cache~: Permission denied
    I don't have root password, so during the wineinstall when I was asked for root password, I did as someone had suggested in this thread: I hit enter twice to cancel and ran the command it was trying to run with sudo:
    Code:
    sudo make install;echo /usr/local/lib>>/etc/ld.so.conf;/sbin/ldconfig
    And that's when I get the "permission denied"-message.
    Does anyone know why I'm getting this error, and what can I do about it?

Beans

Still can't figure it out with AMD64 -- is it even possible?

I have tried:
    setting CC="gcc-3.4 -m32"
    setting CC="gcc -m32"
    setting CC="gcc"
    and setting CC="gcc3.4"

none of these work. I either get an error during configue:
    Code:
    checking for gcc... gcc-3.4 -m32
    checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
    or
    during an error during make:
    Code:
    gcc-3.4 -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -D__WINESRC__ -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -gstabs+ -Wpointer-arith  -g -O2 -D__i386__ -o interlocked.o interlocked.c
    {standard input}: Assembler messages:
    {standard input}:223: Error: `12(%esp)' is not a valid 64 bit base/index expression
    {standard input}:224: Error: `8(%esp)' is not a valid 64 bit base/index expression
    {standard input}:225: Error: `4(%esp)' is not a valid 64 bit base/index expression
    {standard input}:226: Error: `(%edx)' is not a valid 64 bit base/index expression
    {standard input}:234: Error: `12(%esp)' is not a valid 64 bit base/index expression
    {standard input}:235: Error: `8(%esp)' is not a valid 64 bit base/index expression
    {standard input}:236: Error: `4(%esp)' is not a valid 64 bit base/index expression
    {standard input}:237: Error: `(%edx)' is not a valid 64 bit base/index expression
    {standard input}:245: Error: `8(%esp)' is not a valid 64 bit base/index expression
    {standard input}:246: Error: `4(%esp)' is not a valid 64 bit base/index expression
    {standard input}:247: Error: `(%edx)' is not a valid 64 bit base/index expression
    {standard input}:255: Error: `8(%esp)' is not a valid 64 bit base/index expression
    {standard input}:256: Error: `4(%esp)' is not a valid 64 bit base/index expression
    {standard input}:257: Error: `(%edx)' is not a valid 64 bit base/index expression
    {standard input}:265: Error: `8(%esp)' is not a valid 64 bit base/index expression
    {standard input}:266: Error: `4(%esp)' is not a valid 64 bit base/index expression
    {standard input}:267: Error: `(%edx)' is not a valid 64 bit base/index expression
    make[2]: *** [interlocked.o] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dan/cvs/wine/libs/port'
    make[1]: *** [port] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dan/cvs/wine/libs'
    make: *** [libs] Error 2
    Any help would be appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi,

From this link: http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine...4/08/0470.html

and this one:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64.../msg00087.html

I tried this: (after installing the package ia32-libs-dev as well as gcc-3.4)

Code:
    LD="ld -m elf_i386" CC="gcc-3.4 -m32" AS="gcc-3.4 -c -m32" ./WineCVS.sh
    and I do get pretty far in the build (the configure/make depend all work), but it all falls apart when the linker tries to link Wine against libX11 and other X libs.

It's a bug that the ia32-libs pkg has 32bit X11 libs, but the ia32-libs-dev package doesn't have the 32bit X11 development files. I mean, it has the dev files for all the other libs in ia32-libs except the x11 ones.

This is why I'm stuck!

I've given up on this now...Unless you compile Wine in a chroot environment it's not going to work.

One last thing I came across was this:

In the /usr/share/doc/ia32-libs/README.Debian file, it says:

If more libraries are needed, file wishlist severity bugs against
    amd64-libs in the Debian bug tracking system at bugs.debian.org and
    we'll try to oblige. For a quick fix, you can download the amd64-libs
    source package, add the debs in the "update-packages" file and rebuild
    and install the package locally with:

apt-get install devscripts fakeroot build-essential
    apt-get build-dep amd64-libs
    debuild -us -uc
    dpkg -i ../amd64-libs*deb
    The above offers the chance for oneself to build the missing libs, which are ofcourse the dependancies of xlibs-dev package.

I'm not brave enough to do this...I've put too much effort into this box to risk hosing it. I'll try and file a bug tomorrow regarding the ia32-libs-dev package, but I doubt it will get fixed in time for breezy.
    Last edited by thingy; July 3rd, 2005 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Results of experiments

Beans

great howto!!!

but a question:

how can i uninstall wine ?
    is there a special way or can i can only remove the /usr/local/bin entries and the /usr/local/lib/wine directory?

thank you

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast