ParolaPass: The Password Generator
From the author of Bonager: The Boot Scan Manager
ParolaPass is a secure password generator with support for many types of passwords. A very useful utility to fight against identity theft and crackers. Uses very powerful password generation algorithms. ParolaPass uses multiple algorithms depending on your needs.
Easy to use, easy to install. Two clicks is all you need to do anything in ParolaPass.
ParolaPass is also very safe to use. No configuration files, no cruft on your hard drive. And removing ParolaPass is easy! Just use your package manager.
- Ability to generate up to 100 passwords at a time *
- Passwords may be up to 100 characters in length *
- Notices when passwords are deemed too insecure
- 7 different password strength options
- Different password types, including numbers-only (PIN) passwords
- No configuration needed
Before you install, you must download the installation program (deb file) given below.
Simple, easy, elegant and fast.
- Installation: 1) double-click on the deb file 2) click "Install"
- Starting ParolaPass: 1) click Applications -> Accessories -> ParolaPass
- Quiting ParolaPass: 1) click File -> Quit (or hit the "X" button)
- Using ParolaPass: 1) Choose password strength 2) click "OK"
* Please note: it is not recommended to use very high (over 20) password length and a large password count (over 20) at the same time on slower computers.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: Does ParolaPass support Dapper AND Edgy (and Feisty?)?
A: Yes. ParolaPass now supports both Dapper AND Edgy (and Feisty)!
Q: Does ParolaPass support KDE (Kubuntu)?
A: No, ParolaPass does not support KDE right now. There are no plans for a KDE version of ParolaPass.
Q: Does ParolaPass support XFCE (Xubuntu)?
A: Yes, it should work. However, it has not been tested. Please post your results if you use ParolaPass on XFCE.
[weak (but pronounceable) stength]
[using PIN option]
[applications menu location]
>>> ParolaPass v0.1 <<<
python (>=2.4), python-gnome2 (>=2.14.2), python-gtk2 (>=2.8.6), apg (>=2.2.3)
SUGGESTIONS, CRITICISMS & FEEDBACK:
Please make suggestions and criticisms in this forum. Any feedback about ParolaPass is VERY much appreciated!