View Poll Results: Ubuntu: How serious is your habit?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Long enough to check email, browse a little. (<2 Hours)

8 5.84%
  • Hobbyist, Love to tinker! (2-6 Hours)

70 51.09%
  • Pretty obsessed, tried every how to...twice (6-10 Hours)

29 21.17%
  • Ubuntu is my life, not seen daylight since Hoary! (>10 Hours)

30 21.90%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu: How serious is your habit?

Beans

Ubuntu: How serious is your habit?

Not a huge fan of polls, but was curious about this, so I give in! How much time do you spend with Ubuntu?linux per day? Perhaps you just check email and maybe a blog or two for around an hour or so? Maybe you are a hobbyist, and spend three or four hours tweaking things, breaking them or fixing them? Or maybe you are Linux obsessed, and spend most of your day online, just trying new distros, or feeding your inner geek? Vote now!

(I class myself pretty much as a hobbyist for 'a few', (maybe 3 or four) hours each day, though if I have time to kill, it can very easily be consumed by this stuff!...very sad really!)
    ~~ Ubuntu Forums Firefox/Flock Menu ~~ Ubuntu User Number 206 ~~ Linux user number 403379 ~~

~~ If someone asks you to sudo rm -rf anything don't do it. ~~

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Smile Re: Ubuntu: How serious is your habit?

No doubt... my everyone moment is enveloped in Ubuntu and the Open Ideology.
    Started the Helia Linux Club...
    Creating Linux Based Courses at Helia.
    Always have 2 Ubuntu cd's with me.
    Barely know windows anymore.
    Refuse to use windows at school. I putty into my box as soon as I get logged in under the windows login.
    Setting up the first linux opne lab at Helia.
    When people are asked what they know about me, they say, "I am Mormon, and I use linux."

I regulary report to companies that I want them to move to creat more open products.
    I refuse to use closed products. I only use flash, it is the only closed thing left, that I know of, that I use.
    I gather old harddrives and offer to give the harddrive to them if I get to install linux on their computers.
    I keep a collection of windows stickers as "kill marks" on my cap signifying the computer I have moved to linux. (Like a WWII Airplane!)
    Woot, I love it!
    Like my avatar? Help us make more and your own! http://launchpad.net/memaker
    Book of Mormon-MP3 or BOOK
    "Microsoft is open-source friendly in the same way that a butcher is friendly to a cow." -- This Guy

Beans

Re: Ubuntu: How serious is your habit?

Quote Originally Posted by encompass View Post
    ...I keep a collection of windows stickers as "kill marks" on my cap signifying the computer I have moved to linux. (Like a WWII Airplane!)
    That's funny!
    ~~ Ubuntu Forums Firefox/Flock Menu ~~ Ubuntu User Number 206 ~~ Linux user number 403379 ~~

~~ If someone asks you to sudo rm -rf anything don't do it. ~~

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by encompass View Post
    I keep a collection of windows stickers as "kill marks" on my cap signifying the computer I have moved to linux. (Like a WWII Airplane!)
    can we have a photo ??
    if u find some of my ideas weird...look at my avatar for the reason
    http://delfick.storage.googlepages.c...ycfuserbar.png

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I voted the "way of life" one.

This isn't because I spend 10 or more hours per day using Ubuntu, because I don't. At work I'm forced to use M$. However I only have Ubuntu on my home pc's. So whenever I'm using a pc at home, which is most of the time in an evening, I'm using Ubuntu!

Beans

When I come home from school, first thing I usally do is start my machine and boot up Kubuntu (which is the only operating system on it). After that I start amaroK, Kopete and open Konqueror to browse around a bit. I mainly boot it up to listen to music and read what's new in the world and on ubuntu forums.

Therefore it differs a lot how long I sit in front of it - the durance of working with Kubuntu ranges from two to about ten hours a day.
    simplicity is perfection

Beans

I'm permanently glued to this chair. Enough said.
    "I refuse to be part of a society that encourages the rampant abuse of its own language." ~ The Black Mage

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by kuja View Post
    I'm permanently glued to this chair. Enough said.
    Well said, brother... well said...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I definitely spend at least four hours a day using Ubuntu.

That doesn't mean I'm tinkering, though. I spend a lot of time writing, website tweaking, catching up on emails, creating tutorials, and reading various webpages (as well as participating on these forums, obviously).

Just because you're using Ubuntu for more than two hours doesn't mean you're tinkering with it.

Beans

My workstation is a Ubuntu box. I work over 40 hours a week, and my home box gets more attention than my TV, so I just ticked 'hobbyist' to fool myself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast