Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Bonager: The Boot Scan Manager - Control the filesystem scan that happens at bootup!

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Bonager: The Boot Scan Manager - Control the filesystem scan that happens at boot

Error on terminal console:
    ERROR: Mount root entry is not valid

My system:

Xubuntu Jaunty (Release 9.04)
    Kernel Linux 2.6.28.13-generic
    Gnome 2.26.1

Memory: 939.2 Mb
    Procesor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) D CPU 3.06GHz

Available disk space 68.6 Gb

Beans

Re: Bonager: The Boot Scan Manager - Control the filesystem scan that happens at boot

Bismillaah. Peace, to all. I was a bit apprehensive concerning installation of Bonager, after reading some of the post regarding failure, and the fact that it is no longer supported.

What I later discovered was that if esc, is pressed during boot up, the scan can be disabled. After doing this several times it seems to have become quite intuitive. It now skips the scan all by itself! I don't know if this is a permanent arrangement. Time will tell.

BlueerSkies

Beans
    Hidden!

PLEASE DO NOT USE Bonager!!

GREAT NEWS!
    Starting with 9.04, Ubuntu now has this functionality built-in!

=D> THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR SUPPORTING BONAGER =D>
    You made it possible for Ubuntu developers to finally incorporate a boot-scan cancel button!

Need to cancel the boot scan?
    Press the ESCAPE key during the scan to cancel!
    Remember, this functionality is built-in! No need for Bonager.

If you use an older version of Ubuntu (before 9.04), you can try Bonager out. It should work. Please note, however, it is no longer supported by me.

Bonager is no longer supported!
    (it may possibly break your system, especially ext4 that comes with 9.10)

Apologies to everyone for not updating this thread for a long time. And I would like to give a HUGE THANK YOU to all Bonger users for helping each other out in this thread. You guys are great! Thank you again! =D>
    STOP!
    Before you sign up to Dropbox, click here to read my post showing you how to get an additional 500mb free! That's 2.5GB of free space!

Beans

Sorry for my english, I have a great problem, today I install Bonager, because I want to check my portatil hard disk, se when the installation finish I restart the computer and ubuntu do not want start, ubuntu do not show me the login screen only a black screen and the pointer in mode wait, What can I do?

Beans

It doesn't work.

Dependency is not satisfiable: python-gnome2-extras (>= 2.14.2)|python2.4-gnome2-extras (>= 2.14.0)

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324