Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonager: The Boot Scan Manager - Control the filesystem scan that happens at bootup!

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Bonager: The Boot Scan Manager - Control the filesystem scan that happens at boot

Quote Originally Posted by lazyd2 View Post
    No, still the same message
    What is the output of these commands:
    Code:
     cat /etc/fstab
    cat /var/cache/bonager/drive_info
    cat /var/cache/bonager/fstab_info
    STOP!
    Before you sign up to Dropbox, click here to read my post showing you how to get an additional 500mb free! That's 2.5GB of free space!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Bonager: The Boot Scan Manager - Control the filesystem scan that happens at boot

Could you make the systray icon transparent please ?
    See the -Big sorry- screenshot

Best Regards

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by AgenT View Post
    What is the output of these commands:
    Code:
     cat /etc/fstab
    cat /var/cache/bonager/drive_info
    cat /var/cache/bonager/fstab_info
    Here's the /etc/fstab. The other 2 commands do not give any output...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "The universe speaks in many languages...but only one voice"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Hi,

I've just installed this and I'm already loving it. I'm going to put a post up on my blog (ArsGeek) to let more folks know about it.

Great job!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by atlas95 View Post
    Could you make the systray icon transparent please ?
    Best Regards
    Malheureusement, ce n'est pas possible. Sous "FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS":
    Q: Bonager's tray does not use my system tray colour, why? [or, Bonager's tray is not transparent, why?]
    A: This is because the tray is not using the theme's default colour. Bonager does change its tray background colour, but only to the theme's default background colour. This is a limitation that has nothing to do with Bonager and therefore cannot be changed. One workaround would be to switch the tray colour back to theme default and change the theme default colour to the colour wanted.
    STOP!
    Before you sign up to Dropbox, click here to read my post showing you how to get an additional 500mb free! That's 2.5GB of free space!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by lazyd2 View Post
    Here's the /etc/fstab. The other 2 commands do not give any output...
    That is one HUGE fstab file.

Here are the partitions that have fsck (the scan that happens at boot) enabled:
    Code:
    # /dev/sda5
    UUID=0fcc5ebf-c157-4f97-8119-38aa083d693e /               reiserfs defaults          0       1
    # /dev/sda6
    UUID=023e1598-cc94-4ddd-bf13-88ff2fcbfcb7 /home           reiserfs defaults        0       2
    # /dev/sdc1
    UUID=2f3562e4-a63f-4dc0-b6e7-7664567f697d /media/sdc1     reiserfs defaults        0       2
    Notice a trend in those partitions? They all are reiserfs. Bonager only supports ext3. Why only ext3? Because the tool that shows statistics about mounts that is used by Bonager only supports ext*.

Is it possible to add reiserfs support to Bonager? Yes, unless there is no reiserfs stat tool. Am I willing to add reiserfs support? It is definitely not on my to-do list, but I can look into it. The problem is that I do not have a reiserfs partition or the reiserfs stat program to test with.

I will add a FAQ entry about this. Thank you for your contribution.
    STOP!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by ArsGeek View Post
    Hi,

I've just installed this and I'm already loving it. I'm going to put a post up on my blog (ArsGeek) to let more folks know about it.

Great job!
    Please post a link to the article when it is posted.
    STOP!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

One minor criticism:

^^ The icon isn't transparent, and looks disgusting should it be used on a non-default/transparent panel. This alone will stop me using Bonager.

Also, an option to quickly check the amount of boots remaining without having the application running in a terminal would be appreciated, is this possible?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by AgenT View Post
    That is one HUGE fstab file.

Here are the partitions that have fsck (the scan that happens at boot) enabled:
    Code:
    # /dev/sda5
    UUID=0fcc5ebf-c157-4f97-8119-38aa083d693e /               reiserfs defaults          0       1
    # /dev/sda6
    UUID=023e1598-cc94-4ddd-bf13-88ff2fcbfcb7 /home           reiserfs defaults        0       2
    # /dev/sdc1
    UUID=2f3562e4-a63f-4dc0-b6e7-7664567f697d /media/sdc1     reiserfs defaults        0       2
    Notice a trend in those partitions? They all are reiserfs. Bonager only supports ext3. Why only ext3? Because the tool that shows statistics about mounts that is used by Bonager only supports ext*.

Is it possible to add reiserfs support to Bonager? Yes, unless there is no reiserfs stat tool. Am I willing to add reiserfs support? It is definitely not on my to-do list, but I can look into it. The problem is that I do not have a reiserfs partition or the reiserfs stat program to test with.

I will add a FAQ entry about this. Thank you for your contribution.
    Thanks for the reply. I'll try it with my 64-bit ubuntu then
    "The universe speaks in many languages...but only one voice"

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Pink View Post
    One minor criticism:

^^ The icon isn't transparent, and looks disgusting should it be used on a non-default/transparent panel. This alone will stop me using Bonager.
    This was already answered a few times in this thread, including about 3 posts above yours. The answer is also in the FAQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Pink View Post
    Also, an option to quickly check the amount of boots remaining without having the application running in a terminal would be appreciated, is this possible?
    Do not run Bonager from terminal or run it with a &. Run it using the menu so that it is in the tray only. You can always launch Bonager and then quit it (right-click). I made quiting very quick and easy for this reason. Just right-click on icon -> press return key. Maybe I do not understand your question.

Thank you for your feedback.
    STOP!

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast