Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Record your desktop with recordmydesktop ;)

Beans

Re: Record your desktop with recordmydesktop ;)

Seems there are still no packages for edgy in the repos. Loell's links are still good though. Thanks for keeping it up to date.

Beans

This is a great app. I love it. Thanks for making it. Sometimes I record multiple sections of the screen simultaneously and it becomes difficult to keep track which taksbar icon corresponds to which section being recorded. It would help if there was some mechanism to distinguish between them. I know this would be hard to implement, if at all possible. One would think that each taskbar icon would be of different color and the recording black box corresponding to that icon would be of the same color.
    Regardless, it is an extremely useful app and all I need to figure out is how to record sound using the alsa mixer.
    Last edited by maxxum; January 30th, 2008 at 12:06 PM.

Beans

All the videos I record on my laptop are in graycale On my other PC everything is fine.
    Does anybody know how to switch between color/grayscale mode?
    Be the change you whant to see in society...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Very cool program, but i find it jittery when recording. System really bogs. Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by whaase View Post
    Very cool program, but i find it jittery when recording. System really bogs. Any ideas?
    Get a faster computer?

*ducks*

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Guys,

I've done a lot of 3D Linux Desktops on YouTube. They are here.

I've done these all using recordMyDesktop.

I'd like to add Text or Slides to the videos that I produce or have saved . Is there a good application out there?

I'm doing this all from native Linux, and not a video camera.

I've been looking to do this forever!

Adler
    Web Site - A Work in OpenSource Progress. Where the Adler Roosts!
    Biotech Blog
    Facebook
    Twitter

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I don't currently have time to read this entire thread; I will as soon as I get home this evening.

I am here now, to praise this program. It took a couple of attempts to figure it out, but once I did, it was very easy to use. I still have to work out the sound, but honestly, I don't care if it records sound, and I'm sure that when I read the whole thread, I will find those answers.

One thing I think is weird, but I suspect I will figure out tonight, is the fact that it saves as .ogg. That isn't weird by itsself, but this is the second install of Ubuntu I've done (I crowded the old one, trying out different apps, and not properly maintaining). On the first install, I ran recordmydesktop to show some friends how sweet Ubuntu is. I can't say for sure, but I am almost positive that it saved as an .flv that time, because I had no trouble at all uploading it to my Photobucket account. This time however, I cannot do so, because .ogg is not supported. I'm sure I'll find a way to convert it, but is there a way to have it save as .flv to begin with.

If not, how did I get it to work the first time? I'd link the video, but it was intended for personal friends, and it shows personal information. The second video was intended for these forums, but it's .ogg, and I don't know what to do about it. If the answer is in this thread, I'll find it. But if there is an easy answer, I'd appreciate it.

Again, that's not my purpose right now. I'm sure I'll figure it out. I just wanted to say, I really dig this app. It's even easier than anything like it that I've used in windows, which is my native tongue, so to speak.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

WFGeppetto,

I know the problem that you are struggling with here. The output is in the .ogg/Vorbis format, which YouTube also does not accept.

To convert the output to the .Avi format I use this script in Shell:

Firstly, you'll need mencoder installed. Get it through Synaptic.

Then in shell run either of these two commands:

For PAL:
    Code:
    mencoder -o output_file.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts vbitrate=5000:vhq -ffourcc DX50 -oac pcm -srate 48000 -ofps 25 your_movie.mov

For NTSC:
    Code:
    mencoder -o output_file.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts vbitrate=5000:vhq -ffourcc DX50 -oac pcm -srate 48000 -ofps 29.97 your_movie.mov

I assume your Vid is in your Home file. Then where it says "your_movie.mov", change it to /home/whatever/your movie name. Click, and your vid gets converted to an .Avi file. It might take a minute or two. The .Avi should land in your Home file.

Let us know how it works out.

BTW, I found this solution long ago, I'm sure somewhere here in the Ubuntu Forums.

Adler
    Web Site - A Work in OpenSource Progress. Where the Adler Roosts!
    Biotech Blog
    Facebook
    Twitter

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Hey, thanks a bunch, Adler!

I don't have time to follow up right now, but I will a bit later tonight, and I'll come back with the results.

I appreciate the response!

Beans

thanks for the program but,I get and error saying,Recording finish error 256.
    Parsing related or something.I even got the most updated version.This is the only recorder that will start up for me and it won't record =[.Can someone help me fix the issue lol.

Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast