Thread: Thread Closed Needlessly?

Beans
    Hidden!

Thread Closed Needlessly?

**Referring to this thread**

First things first, I am certainly not here to cause trouble or complain about a moderator or anything of that nature. I like posting in these forums and feel that there is a good atmosphere here

I simply believe that a mistake has been made with regards to the thread in question. I created it in order to have a discussion about what features the community were looking for in the distant future, as well as setting the tone with regards to specifically mentioning the simplification of the ubuntu theming process for the "noob". I posted in the right place, and the topic was far from "pointless". I also disagree that the right course of action would be for me to hijack an existing thread with my discussion.

If threads like this are to be closed, surely the forum policy is now to close threads that the moderators feel are not discussionworthy? That would be worrying, and would actually put me off these forums, as that has never been the case here

Surely the best course of action would be to at least leave the thread open to see where it was headed before making a judgement on whether it should remain open or not? If there is no interest, the thread will die, and closure is not necessary. If there is interest, the thread will grow productively, and again, closure is not necessary.

I really dont understand why a perfectly valid and potentially enjoyable and fun discussion was stopped in its tracks so soon after its conception?

As such, I would really appreciate it if the thread could be re-opened to allow for a discussion, or for the thread to die on its own.

After so many months of enjoyable membership, I am a little upset to find myself posting in here to be honest

I seriously hope that this prompts a forum re-think on the rapid closure of threads before the true nature of the thread becomes apparent

John
    If someone tells you to sudo rm -rf ANYTHING, then DO NOT DO IT!

Don't run any command with rm in it unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Thread Closed Needlessly?

This issue has now been resolved with the moderator in question.

I really couldn't have asked for a more satisfactory solution, and the moderator in question was more than polite and helpful with my points.

In hindsight, I probably should have PM's the moderator in question instead of posting here, but I thought I was doing the appropriate thing. Sorry! We all live and learn!

Excellent work guys, your customer service is second to none!

I am delighted to say that this may confidently be marked as "resolved"

All the very best to you all!

John
    If someone tells you to sudo rm -rf ANYTHING, then DO NOT DO IT!

Don't run any command with rm in it unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing.

Beans

Re: Thread Closed Needlessly?

Excellent , thankyou for your original post and your post saying its all resolved
    This account is not active.