Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Roper , Hellgate:London

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Bill Roper , Hellgate:London

(?)13. Doom 3, America's Army, Heretic, Myth II, Neverwinter Nights, Quake 3 arena, Unreal Tournament 2003, and Wolfstein are among the many games that have gone Linux. Hellgate: London will obviously be attractive to players of those games. What is Flagship Studios? standpoint with Linux now that you are an independent Game Developing studio? Will a Linux version of Hellgate: London be possible in the future or considered internally?

(A)Bill Roper: The issue of a Linux version of the game follows many of the same thought processes as a Macintosh version, except that the install base is even smaller, although no less passionate about their OS. It is less an issue of being ?anti-Linux? than of trying to maintain a focus on the majority of your gamers. Just as we can?t support every video card, we?ll do our best to hit the vast majority of them to ensure that as many players can have fun with Hellgate: London as possible.
    wth? Did he just say no? Anyone have any revealing information on whether there will be a Linux version?
    "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."
    -Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Bill Roper , Hellgate:London

I sure hope there will be a Linux version :happy: And yes, by a majority of gamers, he probably means Windows users, so probably no Linux version And the fact that It's a "Games for Windows" thing, I highly doubt the idea of a linux version is probable then.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by TidusBlade View Post
    I sure hope there will be a Linux version :happy: And yes, by a majority of gamers, he probably means Windows users, so probably no Linux version And the fact that It's a "Games for Windows" thing, I highly doubt the idea of a linux version is probable then.
    If there isn't I'm not buying it.

Beans

Exclamation Re: Bill Roper , Hellgate:London

Quote Originally Posted by [url=http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/10/21/1623205.shtml]Slashdot[/url]
    IGN.com has up a post discussing the new EA/Flagship game Hellgate: London, and the in-game advertisements it includes to facilitate targeted marketing. Though ads in games aren't exactly new, some Beta testers are objecting to their apparently off-putting presence. Users have also noted that accepting the game's EULA means you submit to the collection of 'technical and related information that identifies your computer, including without limitation your Internet Protocol address, operating system, application software and peripheral hardware'.
    Doesn't sound like a game I'll be looking for...

Beans
    Distro

I totally understand why someone would have an issue with ads in a game and I would support a cause to express disinterest in such practice , although it doesn't bother me personally , I could explain why but it doesn't really matter anyway , My point is I'm not giving my money to a software or hardware company that doesn't support Linux Period.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

The big issue isn't the ADs...
    by agreeing to the ELUA you're saying they can collect any information about your system and connection they want.

Screw that.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by hikaricore View Post
    The big issue isn't the ADs...
    by agreeing to the ELUA you're saying they can collect any information about your system and connection they want.

Screw that.
    true true.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

If it doesn't have a linux version, I'll probably just download it then, even though it's me most waited release this year
    EDIT: IF you deny access for Hellgate to the internet, wouldn't that mean your not sending anything to them?
    Last edited by TidusBlade; October 22nd, 2007 at 05:05 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

EDIT: IF you deny access for Hellgate to the internet, wouldn't that mean your not sending anything to them?

Yes, unless they use ESP ^_^

However this rules out multi-player entirely, and who knows how the game will react to not being able to send the info.

Beans
    Distro

If it doesn't have a linux version, I'll probably just download it then, even though it's me most waited release this year

Say mate , you can Download the windows demo here
    Pretty slick it feels like a refined dungeon siege 2 , as I said before no Linux client no support from me , no exceptions.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast