Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Howto: Compile Wine for Eve (from source)

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

Re: Howto: Compile Wine for Eve (from source)

I followed the instructions to the letter, this is what I get:

steev@steev-desktop:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/CCP/EVE$ wine eve.exe
    fixmerocess:IsWow64Process (0xffffffff 0x34fc24) stub!
    fixme:actctx:FindActCtxSectionStringW 00000000 (null) 2 L"msvcr80.dll" 0x347a6c
    fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_GetAvailableTextureMe m (0x17c618) : stub, simulating 64MB for now, returning 64MB left
    fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x20026, 0x1603b0): stub
    fixme:imm:ImmGetIMEFileNameA (0x4090409, 0x34a950, 260): stub
    fixme:imm:ImmGetIMEFileNameA (0x4090409, 0x34a974, 260): stub

Running that command didn't help.

So I download msvcr80.dll and put it in my system32 folder, and I get this:

steev@steev-desktop:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/CCP/EVE$ wine eve.exe
    fixmerocess:IsWow64Process (0xffffffff 0x34fc24) stub!
    wine: Call from 0x7c4508dc to unimplemented function MSVCR80.dll._except_handler4_common, aborting
    err:seh:setup_exception stack overflow 1188 bytes in thread 000e eip b7d19dc3 esp 00240b5c stack 0x241000-0x350000
    steev@steev-desktop:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/CCP/EVE$
    Ideas?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Ninja View Post
    I did everything as listed in the guide. I have patched to latest version.

How do I manually find the cache folder?

I am also unable to enter a password, any ideas as to what is wrong?
    For reference for anyone else, I'll assume I'm not the only beginer here either:

Assuming also that you followed the OP's instructions, the cache file/directories should be @ /home/<username>/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/CCP/EVE/cache/

If the password is no enterable, apparently that was broken with patch 1.3, you need to copy arial.ttf from a windows install or here into the windows fonts directory. /home/<username>/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts/

Obviously replacing <username> with whatever your username is, for me it looks like: /home/jc/.wine/... etc.

Hope that helps someone else.

Beans

I did this guide, but used the new 0.9.30 source and the 1-17-07 eve patch and everything worked fine. The performance is semi questionable, 15-20 fps in space. The big problem is I crash all the time with a single error that repeats itself over and over and over again.

Code:
    fixme:d3d:IWineD3DQueryImpl_GetData >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 0x502 from glGetQueryObjectuivARB(GL_QUERY_RESULT_AVAILABLE)
    I using a nvidia 7900 with latest apt-get'ed drivers.

Beans

I'm very new at this... I just installed Ubuntu for the very first time.

i'm following the instructions and when i get to the
    Code:
    wine EVE_Setup_####.exe
    part it doesn't work for me... mine is just EVE_Setup.exe and when i tell wine to run it in the command line i get
    Code:
    wine: could not load L"c:\\windows\\system32\\EVE_Setup.exe": Module not found

Beans

The website says "as of the 15.02.2007 the git tree and >=wine-0.9.31 should contain all patches to play EVE"

I don't think you need to compile WINE from source and patch it anymore.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Zilulil View Post
    I'm very new at this... I just installed Ubuntu for the very first time.

i'm following the instructions and when i get to the
    Code:
    wine EVE_Setup_####.exe
    part it doesn't work for me... mine is just EVE_Setup.exe and when i tell wine to run it in the command line i get
    Code:
    wine: could not load L"c:\\windows\\system32\\EVE_Setup.exe": Module not found
    You need to change to the directory EVE_Setup.exe is in.

Beans

I'm so close. It starts and loads, but the screen doesn't resize from teh login screen, and so I can only see a portion of the full thing. Also, my gnome mouse is about 3-4 inches lower than the in game mouse, so I can't click on anything in the bottom 4 inches, which is everything

Beans

Exclamation Re: Howto: Compile Wine for Eve (from source)

Splash screen shows up.

Then I get this far:
    Screenshot-EVE.png
    And the application hangs.

The only drivers I have available to me are the OSS drivers, unfortunately. I'm using onboard sound for an Asus A8N-SLI, and have a driver package downloading right now, but if anyone knows of a way to make the OSS ones work (other than the 'set to emulation' trick. I tried it, and it didn't work), or if this is something else entirely, please advise?

Beans

Hello. The client does the initial splash screen then goes black. I look at the underlying terminal and find this message, repeated over and over until I kill the process:

"fixme:cursor:create_pixmap_cursor Currently no support for cursors with 32 bits per pixel"

So, I'm assuming the system I'm using has some sort of color depth challenge, but I don't know where, if anywhere, I can go to address the pixel depth the client is looking to use. If I can lower the resolution, I might be able to go further. It's a very old system, Dell Inspiron 1100, so I'm just glad I can get some basic OpenGL working and was just hoping for enough playability to do skills from remote sites.

Any thoughts, suggestions and/or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

-dj

Beans

Hi everyone,

I meet troubles after downloading and installing (with Wine) successfully the EVE client.
    I have an Ubuntu 7.04(unstable yet) an ati graphic card mobility radeon 9000, using the "ati" driver and wine 0.9.22

I have the same problem than pseudo.sanity, that is to say :

I try to run the EVE client by typing : wine /mypathtothefile/eve.exe -opengl

it returns this :
    libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b
    fixmerocess:IsWow64Process (0xffffffff 0x33fc34) stub!
    fixme:actctx:FindActCtxSectionStringW 00000000 (null) 2 L"msvcr80.dll" 0x347adc

The nice picture of revelation (meaning that the client is loading) appears and 3 seconds after, a window entitled "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" where is said :
    "Runtime Error!
    Program: C:\Program Files\CCP\EVE\bin\ExeFile.exe
    R6034
    An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly
    Please contact the application's support team for more information"

I tryed what Ipsissimus purposed :
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipsissimus
    People having errors with the "msvcr80.dll" file I would say try running this:

Code:

wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/CCP/EVE/bin/RedistD3DXOnly.exe

As far as I can tell this creates the .dll files some of you are missing. After this, try eve again.

Hope this actually works.
    but it doesn't work ... it returns :
    Code:
    fixme:win:SetWindowTextA setting text "RedistD3DXOnly Setup" of other process window (nil) should not use SendMessage
    fixme:win:SetWindowTextA setting text "RedistD3DXOnly Setup" of other process window (nil) should not use SendMessage
    fixme:reg:GetNativeSystemInfo (0x33fb38) using GetSystemInfo()
    fixme:wintrust:WinVerifyTrust 0xffffffff {00aac56b-cd44-11d0-8cc2-00c04fc295ee} 0x33f628
    fixme:wintrust:WinVerifyTrust 0xffffffff {00aac56b-cd44-11d0-8cc2-00c04fc295ee} 0x33ee44
    fixme:profile:GetPrivateProfileIntW result may be wrong!
    fixme:wintrust:WinVerifyTrust 0xffffffff {00aac56b-cd44-11d0-8cc2-00c04fc295ee} 0x33ee44
    fixme:profile:GetPrivateProfileIntW result may be wrong!
    No way to run the client.

Does anyone has an idea concerning this trouble ? And even more, does anyone has a solution to allow me playing the best mmorpg of ever on my linux system ?

Thanks

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast