Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Running Bible Works on Ubuntu

Beans

Re: Running Bible Works on Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by zerubbabel View Post
    These instructions were very helpful, and all went as stated, except that the english font is not displayed properly and the "Getting Started" window appears each time, regardless of unchecking the box to suppress it. The latter problem I can live with, but not the font problem. I tried changing the English font under Tools/Options (to Tahoma, for example) but it made no difference. I can't even figure out what most of the font names are, because the font used to display them is haywire.
    I received this email from Matthew Hauck about how to solve the font issue with Bibleworks 7:

"I am thinking there are may be some windows fonts missing. I use a program called Wine Doors and it is able to install a bunch of basic software really easily, like MS fonts and such. Try installing Wine Doors and just run it once. All of the initial setup it performs on its first run should be sufficient. If not, let me know."

This solved my font problem, and now Bibleworks 7 runs fine.

Beans

I have been running BibleWorks 7 under Ubuntu 8.10 and Wine for several months now, and am quite happy with it except for one problem. When scrolling back a line at a time in the Bible text (center) pane, the lines of text scrolling in from the top are cut off, so that only the top half of the characters in any given line are visible. If I scroll back in jumps (by clicking above the slider in the scroll bar), the text is rendered properly. I wonder whether anyone else has observed this behavior, and has found a solution for it.

Beans

I'm also having font problems; English is appearing in Greek. I'll see if I can do what was suggested to Zerubbabel.
    Last edited by rcbinwi; November 12th, 2009 at 04:06 PM.

Beans

Wine Doors solved the problem. Thanks!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234