Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Edgy cd

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Edgy cd

I know that Edgy just came out, but I'm wondering when cd cover and label artwork will be released. Anyone?
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin

Genetically modified plants is like DRM for the worlds food supply.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Edgy cd

I don't know anything about the official CD artwork, but if you want, you're free to use the label I've designed. Of course, it is based on the artwork that (as far as I know), was removed from Edgy. Since I haven't figured out how to use BitTorrent from behind my university firewall, I have yet to download the new version and see the finished project, but I liked the looks of the proposals.

If anyone is intersted, I can also post the XCF file.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Hey, is there any chance you can do one for Kubuntu?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Sure. Do you like that design? If so then I'll make basically the same thing in blue with the appropriate logos.

Beans

Wow, I think that's pretty slick!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Wink Re: Edgy cd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelfric5578 View Post
    I don't know anything about the official CD artwork, but if you want, you're free to use the label I've designed. Of course, it is based on the artwork that (as far as I know), was removed from Edgy. Since I haven't figured out how to use BitTorrent from behind my university firewall, I have yet to download the new version and see the finished project, but I liked the looks of the proposals.

If anyone is intersted, I can also post the XCF file.
    NICE
    New very very new user Ubuntu 8.04
    Linux user number #422318 Be happy now

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

VERY NICE,

I like it enought to ask you, if you would be kind enought to post a version with the version name and number blank (without edgy eft version 6.10)
    So It could be use for every version to come (and past)

again VERY NICE.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by jklitten View Post
    Hey, is there any chance you can do one for Kubuntu?
    How's this? (See Attachment)

And as far as providing a blank template, while I believe half of the fun of a new version is designing the labels for it (I started with Dapper.) I'm glad to provide the XCF files so you can modify the text or the graphics as you please. The file, even compressed, is too big to submit as an attatchment to this post, so you can obtain the XCF from http://personal.stevens.edu/~friccob...6-10-forum.xcf

If that link doesn't work, please let me know, and I'll see what I can do. Contained in that XCF are both the labels for Kubuntu and Ubuntu, make the various layers visible or invisible depending on what you want. The text is fully editable, although you will need to have the Ubuntu Title font if you want the text to look like it does in my version.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Aelfric5578; October 31st, 2006 at 05:44 AM.

Beans

I really like thoes both, but on the Kubuntu one could you possibly change the url at the bottom from www.ubuntu.com to www.kubuntu.com
    Other than that it is very nice.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by Micahb View Post
    I really like thoes both, but on the Kubuntu one could you possibly change the url at the bottom from www.ubuntu.com to www.kubuntu.com
    Other than that it is very nice.
    Oh, I didn't even think of that. Thanks for pointing it out. I've made the changes to the above attachment.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast