Thread: Geology vertical sections?

Beans

Geology vertical sections?

Has anyone anything that will easily do geological vertical sections /graphic logs? Something that is easier than programs like Corel Draw. It should be possible to put in bed thickness and rocktype, grain size etc and have it scale it automatically. The manual job is so dificult when doing over 2600 metres of exposure with a resulting Type thickness of over 300m.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex (testing)

Re: Geology vertical sections?

Hm, this would be an interesting program, at least for some of us... I don't know but last time I had to do that I used the vector drawing program Inkscape, which is basically doing it manually. Hope you will find a good program. If you do find one, maybe add it to the ubuntu science wiki (maybe a good place to check if it is not there already..., just checked and no couldn't find anything). Look here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuScientists

Beans

I didnt find anything and I cant either.Frustration sets in

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by rowlie View Post
    I didnt find anything and I cant either.Frustration sets in
    Have you seen: geotouch.

I'm not too familiar with what you need, but a google search shows this program might do what you want. It has been ported to linux, and I think this http://www.unc.edu/~leesj/FETCH/GEOTOUCH/download site. If you do think this a good program, please do add it to the wiki.

Camp
    -------------------------------------------------------
    registered linux user: 305466
    ubuntu counter user: 11295
    -------------------------------------------------------