Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jailed Posts Shouldn't Appear in New Posts

Beans

Jailed posts on Get Unanswered Posts Seach

I dont't know if this has been asked before, but is there a was of getting the jailed posts out of the Get Unanswered Posts Search?

As it is a read only section, probably it doesn't make much sense in showing them on that search.

Just a thought, though.
    Last edited by henriquemaia; April 5th, 2006 at 04:20 PM.

Beans

Re: Jailed posts on Get Unanswered Posts Seach

Quote Originally Posted by henriquemaia
    I dont't know if this has been asked before, but is there a was of getting the jailed posts out of the Get Unanswered Posts Seach?

As it is a read only section, probably it doesn't make much sense in showing them on that search.

Just a thought, though.
    Yes, you post to the resolution center asking your post be removed from the jail.
    Manually installing software and setting up your system is always preferable. However, there is not one thing wrong with using Automatix for getting it done the easy way. Get Automatix2 Support Here

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

mstlyevil, I think what henriquemaia is talking about is the search for unanswered posts.

Sometimes people (like me) look for unanswered posts in order to answer them.

There's no point in including the Jail in this search, as you can't (and shouldn't) answer jailed posts.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by aysiu
    mstlyevil, I think what henriquemaia is talking about is the search for unanswered posts.

There's no point in including the Jail in this search, as you can't (and shouldn't) answer jailed posts.
    OIC.
    Manually installing software and setting up your system is always preferable. However, there is not one thing wrong with using Automatix for getting it done the easy way. Get Automatix2 Support Here

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by aysiu

You're right. That's exactly what I meant.

My appologies if I wasn't clear enough.

Beans

I'll second that....!!!!
    I would definitely like that feature also, I always use the "Get unanswered posts" button when I'm here and it can get pretty irretating running into those damned commercials.

Also, I think it would be nice if it was possible to not show posts from the current development version in the "Get unanswered posts" function, as an option in the userconfig naturally. These are offcourse important posts but more often require developer skills to answer which I unfortunately don't have
    Regards TLE

Beans

hmm never noticed that before.. I guess because of way the unanswered posts query is written it by passess the normal forum rules.. I'll add fixing this to the list.. thanks for pointing it out.
    My Blog | Forum Search | Forum Guidelines
    Please don't PM support questions--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

Well thank you

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Could I ask for Jailed threads to be removed from search results altogether please? Or at least a search option to omit them?

I recently got a new mobile, and just searched for "Sony Ericsson" to see if there were any useful threads about using the phone with Ubuntu, and found a lot of the search results were just spam from the Jail!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

I was also thinking of requesting this feature, now found this thread.
    Infact, I second gingermark;s suggestion.
    I see that the request was made and was acknowledged a few weeks ago. Any updates on this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast