Thread: Lenovo T61P....?

Beans

Lenovo T61P....?

Has anyone heard anything about this model? Someone once told me that it was coming out at the beginning of October, but that's come and gone, and no official info on Lenovo.com. I was looking into buying this, but I almost can't find specs on the thing, much less confirmation of when it's coming out.

so, anyone?

Beans

Re: Lenovo T61P....?

Can't say I've been keeping up with Lenovo anymore. I love Thinkpads but sadly reports I've seen show that Lenovo is environmentally irresponsible; the worst of the lot. I try my level best not to support outfits like that. I guess it's not too surprising since it's a Chinese company operating under a "look the other way" Communist regime when it comes to environmental concerns.

It's sad, it'll be the end of the road for me and Thinkpads unless Lenovo cleans up it's act. I'm nostalgic for the days when Thinkpads like mine were made with pride (and environmental sanity) in Greenock, Scotland.

Have a look at my post on one of the reports here.

Beans

Their quality is steadily decreasing, sorry to say that. But that's a fact.
    simplicity is perfection

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by weekend warrior View Post
    Can't say I've been keeping up with Lenovo anymore. I love Thinkpads but sadly reports I've seen show that Lenovo is environmentally irresponsible; the worst of the lot. I try my level best not to support outfits like that. I guess it's not too surprising since it's a Chinese company operating under a "look the other way" Communist regime when it comes to environmental concerns.

It's sad, it'll be the end of the road for me and Thinkpads unless Lenovo cleans up it's act. I'm nostalgic for the days when Thinkpads like mine were made with pride (and environmental sanity) in Greenock, Scotland.

Have a look at my post on one of the reports here.
    You should be more responsible for what you post. Lenovo is the most environmentally friendly on the chart. Now talk about the communist regimes. To support my argument, look at this report:
    http://www.itpro.co.uk/applications/...ly-league.html
    you can't just make stuff up

Beans

that's not what this thread was really about. I was just wondering (six months ago...exactly six months ago, from this date...weird...) if there was any news on the T61P. Even that is irrelevant since I've decided to go with System76 anyways But yeah, isn't there a site that keeps track of who's the most environment friendly?

Beans

According to http://arstechnica.com/journals/thum...-t61p-thinkpad it should be out today. I haven't found it on the lenovo site, yet, though.

Beans

To quote the Ars Technica aricle:
    Keep your eyes peeled for the release on the Lenovo ThinkPad T-Series web page.
    . They've added the T61p to the comparison checklist at the bottom of the page but I can't seem to find it.

EDIT: I was able to find it here. It seems that they're making Windows Vista Ultimate standard, for some reason ...

Also, in reference to the "green electronics" thing, Lenovo doesn't seem to be doing too badly at the moment, at least according to the Greenpeace ratings.
    Last edited by illu45; July 11th, 2007 at 08:13 PM.