Thread: Bibus just... keeps going...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Bibus just... keeps going...

I installed Bibus. After searching the forums apparently this was a masterful feat and I did it! w00t! But I installed Bibus and... I go to make a new source and it needs to be a web source "www" Great. Well... I'm using APA style so I need more than just "url" I figure out how to change that in prefs, not too hard, go back and try to make it again, I type in all the information, and all this time I did not notice...

The "ok" and "cancel" buttons are gone. You see, the screen that pops up, just keeps going down down down... Attached is a screen shot. Some of the reference types do this, some don't and perfectly normal, sitting where it should be is the "footer" of this window with the "ok" and the "cancel."

What a way to get a student out of the habit of using electronic resources, huh?

Any help?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Bibus just... keeps going...

Quote Originally Posted by daynah View Post
    I installed Bibus. After searching the forums apparently this was a masterful feat and I did it! w00t! But I installed Bibus and... I go to make a new source and it needs to be a web source "www" Great. Well... I'm using APA style so I need more than just "url" I figure out how to change that in prefs, not too hard, go back and try to make it again, I type in all the information, and all this time I did not notice...

The "ok" and "cancel" buttons are gone. You see, the screen that pops up, just keeps going down down down... Attached is a screen shot. Some of the reference types do this, some don't and perfectly normal, sitting where it should be is the "footer" of this window with the "ok" and the "cancel."

What a way to get a student out of the habit of using electronic resources, huh?

Any help?
    Hold down the Alt key, and try dragging the window upward to see if you can drag the needed buttons into view. When you are holding the alt key, you should be able to click near the bottom of the window to move it upwards. From your screenshot, it looks like you might be able to move the window to see the bottom. (although this wouldn't work for me when I ran into a similar situation described below...)
    I had the same problem when I was creating a new style for a journal that I typically submit to. I couldn't see the "Save" or "Cancel" buttons, and thus had no idea what to do. I ended up having to find a theme that made very small window borders, and then I could see the tippy top of each button. I could then at least click the button that I hoped was "Save" to get things to work! I posted this in the Bibus forums, but never got an answer or workaround. Hope you get things figured out!
    This looks nothing like my signature...
    My Page

Beans

sorry i don't have any idea about this.

Beans

I must admit that in moving from Windows the one thing I will miss is Bibliographix 5 although one may be able to run it after installing Wine. Installing anything at the moment is defeating me. Having a bitch of an evening here. . Message to ASBDFL do a Victor Kiam and buy the company and bring it into the OpenSource community.