this game may be old but it's a classic!
1) at the terminal x@y:/$ sudo aptitude install dosbox
2) create directory /prince with sudo. take ownership and relax all the permissions on that directory.
3) visit abandonia and search for "prince"
4) download it and unzip it into a newly created /prince directory.
5) from the terminal start dosbox (DOS emulator)-- x@y:/$ dosbox
6) within dosbox virtual mount the directory-- z:\> mount x /prince
7) change to that virtual mounted drive-- z:\> x:
8. start prince! x:\> prince
NOTE: the text in bold are the strings to use.
NOTE2: if the game appears slow within the dosbox / game hold down CONTROL and tap F12. you should see the cpu cycles: 3000 increase higher thus increasing the speed of the game
NOTE3: if you can't get out of prince with ALT+TAB just press CONTROL + F1 two times to get a menu and get your mouse to start working again!
NOTE4: CONTROL + F8 to quit!
PS. another classic game is DUNE 2 also found on the same website.