Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: new repository for a FEW canon printer drivers

Beans

Re: new repository for a FEW canon printer drivers

if it hasnt already been seen from the change of link in my first post, the guy who runs the site has added a different repository for us edgy eft users. He/she never emailed me back but it seems as though the person has taken notice and fixed it. But unfortunatley for my poor ip3000 it seems as though the ip3100 has been left out of the edgy repository. Oh well I guess the bjc-7000 driver will have to do.
    Last edited by slimdog360; December 3rd, 2006 at 01:30 AM.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I noticed that you have the i990 listed, yet his site doesn't mention it at all. Is this just a typo on your part, or is it supported as a different model number? Thanks in advance.

Beans

I copied that info off of his old page, so I cant say whether it is still there anymore. Only one way to find out though I suppose.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

slimdog360 thanks for the info.
    Now i don't need xp for printing with my ip6600D.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I have a canon Pixma MP150. What driver can I use?

Beans

awesome, this worked like a charme for me & my i560

Thanks!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

These Pixus ip3100 drivers are really no good at all for my situation. Not only does it refuse to print from the paper cassette tray, but it will not accept print jobs from Macs running OS X on the LAN. Print jobs just end up in the print queue as "Stopped: job-stopped", and cannot be resumed.

I have not yet tried the commercial Turboprint drivers, but it seems as though they might be the only sensible option to use since no one has been able to squeeze any blood out of Canon to get this thing working in linux.

Partial drivers just isn't going to cut it in my situation.

Forgot to mention - I am trying to get this to work with the Pixma iP3000 printer
    Last edited by blackdalek; January 22nd, 2007 at 04:01 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by blackdalek View Post
    These Pixus ip3100 drivers are really no good at all for my situation. Not only does it refuse to print from the paper cassette tray, but it will not accept print jobs from Macs running OS X on the LAN. Print jobs just end up in the print queue as "Stopped: job-stopped", and cannot be resumed.

I have not yet tried the commercial Turboprint drivers, but it seems as though they might be the only sensible option to use since no one has been able to squeeze any blood out of Canon to get this thing working in linux.

Partial drivers just isn't going to cut it in my situation.

Forgot to mention - I am trying to get this to work with the Pixma iP3000 printer
    use the canon bjc-7000 driver, make sure you adjust the settings first for it to use the cassette to get it working. Ive personally found that for some odd reason using the kde print manager makes it work better. Perhaps because of the greater choice in settings? I always set the printer to take priority over other things which seems to stop the printer from going slow..
    Last edited by slimdog360; January 23rd, 2007 at 08:49 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Hi,
    I am currently setting up a computer with dapper for my girlfriends parents and they have a cannon i560. Because they live in a different town its not possible for me to set this up myself but I want to make sure that its going to work otherwise I will have to dual boot which I really dont want to as they will then end up using windows out of habbit.

I am using dapper 6.06.1 as the distro and want to know what is the best way to get the printer to work. I have tried installing the drivers from http://mambo.kuhp.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~takushi/ubuntu but libc6 and libcupsys are the wrong versions (in supporting edgy did the site manager drop dapper support). If these drivers aren't going to work what ones will. I cant seem to get to the japanese cannon download site mentioned a few places on the web. Do the bjc7000 drivers work well enough for photo printing?

I need information specific to the i560 and of course Dapper.
    Thanks in advance.

Beans

I dont have a clue mate, I just found the site a while back and decided to share it with everyone. The bjc-7000 driver is for the canon ip3000, my current printer, so I dont know what driver you should use sorry. You can always email the guy and see if you can get a response.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast