To rip CD's in Sound Juicer in MP3 format in Sound Juicer, follow these steps below.
This is only for Ubuntu Dapper Drake
Make sure you have gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg installed:
1) Open up Sound Juicer and go to EDIT -> PREFERENCES -> Edit Profiles...Code:sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg
2) Click on New to create a new profile. Name it whatever you want (I chose "MP3")
3) Go ahead and select your new profile and click on "Edit"
4) Place anything you want in Profile Description
5) For Gstreamer pipeline, use this as a guideline:
Feel free to change 192 to a higher or lower bitrate if so desired. The tag id3mux makes it possible for a program like Rhythmbox to read the file's id3 tag.Code:audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=2 ! lame name=enc vbr=false bitrate=192 ! id3mux
6) Type mp3 in "File Extension" and click the "Active?" checkbox.
7) Restart Sound Juicer
8) Go to EDIT->Preferences and select your newly created profile on the list.
You are now ready to rip CD's at a higher-quality bitrate.