Page 678 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 17857862866867667767867968068872877811781678 ... LastLast
Results 6,771 to 6,780 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by MeanEYE View Post
    Hey,

I have a little doubt here. Is it possible to configure conky ${upspeed} and ${downspeed} (as well as graphs) to display statistics for currently active interface.

I have a laptop which I drag around a lot. On my work, it's connected through eth0. At home through wlan0, and if am on journey usualy it's my cellphone usb0.

If it's possible I'd like to avoid modifying .conkyrc everytime or adding aditional graphs to display. Am guessing most of you will suggest using some scripts. Please bare in mind that my conky refreshes every second and I dont wish to increase processor load too much as it will drain my battery faster.
    if_up (interface)
    if INTERFACE exists and is up, display everything between $if_up and the matching $endif
    and try playing around with

if_up_strictness
    How strict should if_up be when testing an interface for being up? The value is one of up, link or address, to check for the interface being solely up, being up and having link or being up, having link and an assigned IP address.
    above TEXT

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Thanks t-mo_

I will have a look, and share the correct code when it is working.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MeanEYE View Post
    Hey,

I have a little doubt here. Is it possible to configure conky ${upspeed} and ${downspeed} (as well as graphs) to display statistics for currently active interface.

I have a laptop which I drag around a lot. On my work, it's connected through eth0. At home through wlan0, and if am on journey usualy it's my cellphone usb0.

If it's possible I'd like to avoid modifying .conkyrc everytime or adding aditional graphs to display. Am guessing most of you will suggest using some scripts. Please bare in mind that my conky refreshes every second and I dont wish to increase processor load too much as it will drain my battery faster.
    If you care to look, I highlight an example of doing exactly as you describe in this write-up at the Conky-Hardcore Blog. There's a link at the bottom that will lead you to a copy of my .conkyrc available for download.
    I switched to Windows because of all the disappointment Linux brought me.

Beans

Hey everyone,

I use vnstat to keep track of monthly traffic. it used to work just fine, well actually it works just fine now too but I've to update it manually. I thought it was setup as a cron job and updated automatically every 5 mins. but it doesn't seem to do so in Jaunty . I'm sure it updates automatically but not every 5 mins. is there a way to manually configure the time?

Code:
    ${time %B}:${color a4a4a4}$alignr${execi 30 vnstat -m | grep "`date +"%b '%y"`" | awk '{print $6 $7}'}
    That's the code that I use in conky and it works

Thanks

EDIT: nvm i got it working
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Truedream; April 30th, 2009 at 04:49 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hi, i was wondering if anybody knew of a solution to a little problem that i have. I am currently using a song lyrics downloader script. It works great the only problem is that im only on a laptop so my screen isn't huge and some songs, well they have a lot of lyrics. Consequently i quite often have the problem that the lyrics just scroll off the screen and i cant read them. Is there a way of making all text that gets written beyond a certain point (the bottom of my screen) to be started in a new column or something instead?

Thanks for any help,
    James

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Never mind. I misread the post to which I originally replied.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by yabbadabbadont View Post
    Never mind. I misread the post to which I originally replied.
    And just when I was going to point you to the rocket blueprints in conky too!

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M. View Post
    And just when I was going to point you to the rocket blueprints in conky too!
    Pics... or it didn't happen.

(I knew I wasn't quick enough with that edit...)

Beans

I love it! can you please post the code? thx!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by yabbadabbadont View Post
    Pics... or it didn't happen.

(I knew I wasn't quick enough with that edit...)
    See, nobody believe me! tut tut!
    It happened - see the pic

I saw your post, I hit "Quote" - and I see your "edit" and thought, "I'm quoting the wrong message" ... hit the back button - I see your post, I hit "Quote" and see your "edit" - "¿Am I going crazy?" - "hit the back button" and "refresh" BINGO! Your edit ... the timing "we" had was a click of the fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by pcdm79 View Post
    I love it! can you please post the code? thx!
    Sure, but they are "Top Secret"
    Code:
    ${font DejaVu Sans Mono:bold:size=9}${color8}${goto 80}   |
    ${goto 80}  / \
    ${goto 80}  | |
    ${goto 80} /   \    Top
    ${goto 80} |   |   Secret
    ${goto 80} |   |     for
    ${goto 80} |   |  CH! Only
    ${goto 80}/     \
    ${goto 80}| CH! |
    ${goto 80}|/---\|${font}${color}
    Have a nice day.
    Bruce
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 678 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 17857862866867667767867968068872877811781678 ... LastLast