Page 261 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1612112512592602612622632713113617611261 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

oooh new layout control for conky? this is great!
    hippyrandall.com | This is the first age that's paid much attention to the future, which is alittle ironic since we may not have one. -- Arthur Clarke

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

@Bruce M.

Pleasure, that pic gives me an idea about how to layout basic info about all the other pc's on my network, lots more changes now.

I did the tab thing with the topN process counters in my script except I used the ${alignr TAB} to get things at the right position, that is left right aligned spreadsheet like text.

Post is here http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...02#post5123402, The drive listings are also a good example of using tabbed right alignment.

Last edited by gareth_005; June 7th, 2008 at 12:01 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by HippyRandall View Post
    oooh new layout control for conky? this is great!
    Yea, nice huh!

You find something new you share!!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by gareth_005 View Post
    @Bruce M.

Pleasure, that pic gives me an idea about how to layout basic info about all the other pc's on my network, lots more changes now.

I did the tab thing with the topN process counters in my script except I used the ${alignr TAB} to get things at the right position, that is left right aligned spreadsheet like text.

Post is here http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...02#post5123402, The drive listings are also a good example of using tabbed right alignment.

I have redesigned my conky with the GOTO X command and now I see I missed this TAB thing .... ooooh dear .... back to the design table.

YES! I like it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I have a question:

I've had a look at the commands and haven't figured out if there's a way to show your External IP adresss. Found the Internal IP address of my NIC, but not external IP.

Is there a command to show your external IP?

Also, I've noticed that when I logon conky starts before my gnome menu bars/panels (top and bottom) show and is aligned to the desktop before they show and the top line ends up underneath the menu bar/panel. If I terminate the process and restart it, it aligns below the menu bars/panels.

Any idea on how to fix it so that it aligns properly on startup or loads after the gnome menu bars/panels?
    Last edited by Sleaka J; June 7th, 2008 at 07:50 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I don't know a thing about .conkyrc. Please guide me in an appropriate direction maybe something like a guide.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by Sleaka J View Post
    I have a question:

I've had a look at the commands and haven't figured out if there's a way to show your External IP adresss. Found the Internal IP address of my NIC, but not external IP.

Is there a command to show your external IP?

Also, I've noticed that when I logon conky starts before my gnome menu bars/panels (top and bottom) show and is aligned to the desktop before they show and the top line ends up underneath the menu bar/panel. If I terminate the process and restart it, it aligns below the menu bars/panels.

Any idea on how to fix it so that it aligns properly on startup or loads after the gnome menu bars/panels?
    External IP: You could use a bash script to ping your router or wherever to get your external ip and then just cut out the address.

To start conky use a command like this: "sleep 20 && conky -c .configFileName"
    That will sleep for 20 seconds and then start conky.

I found problems trying to place conky outside the borders of the screen or over panels so maby place conky a bit lower than 10, maby 26:
    gap_x 4
    gap_y 26

Check if using window type override helps:
    own_window_type override

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by amitabhishek View Post
    I don't know a thing about .conkyrc. Please guide me in an appropriate direction maybe something like a guide.
    This guide should still be useful:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=205865

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by gareth_005 View Post
    External IP: You could use a bash script to ping your router or wherever to get your external ip and then just cut out the address.

To start conky use a command like this: "sleep 20 && conky -c .configFileName"
    That will sleep for 20 seconds and then start conky.

I found problems trying to place conky outside the borders of the screen or over panels so maby place conky a bit lower than 10, maby 26:
    gap_x 4
    gap_y 26

Check if using window type override helps:
    own_window_type override
    Ok, almost perfect. It now appears below the gnome menu bar/panel upon logon, however now it appears over every window. If I terminate the process and restart it, it no longer appears over every window. I want it to only appear on the desktop upon logon.

I'll have to play around to find out how to ping my router to find my external IP. I was hoping there was a command similar to $addr in conky that would list my external IP as that one shows my internal IP.
    Last edited by Sleaka J; June 7th, 2008 at 10:21 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by Sleaka J View Post
    Ok, almost perfect. It now appears below the gnome menu bar/panel upon logon, however now it appears over every window. If I terminate the process and restart it, it no longer appears over every window. I want it to only appear on the desktop upon logon.

I'll have to play around to find out how to ping my router to find my external IP. I was hoping there was a command similar to $addr in conky that would list my external IP as that one shows my internal IP.
    This is what I have for the window settings, it works just like you want.
    background yes
    own_window yes
    own_window_type override
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_colour black
    double_buffer yes

Page 261 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1612112512592602612622632713113617611261 ... LastLast