Page 2024 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1024152419241974201420222023202420252026203420742124 ... LastLast
Results 20,231 to 20,240 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Another idea I had, terrible as it is, is to use conky/lua as a (hopefully) temporary replacement for the Unity launcher bar-- I have several different Firefox profiles I use for vastly different applications (for instance: my daily reader, my blogger, my forum visitor, and my out-of-town anonymous browser); the launcher right now uses the generic Firefox launcher icon to control and track each of the different instances of Firefox, even though I have separate launchers and icons for each profile... If I could at least make an icon for each profile in my conky and be able to either launch or go to the appropriate window of each individual instance with a mouse-click, that would be awesome.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post
    Another idea I had, terrible as it is, is to use conky/lua as a (hopefully) temporary replacement for the Unity launcher bar-- I have several different Firefox profiles I use for vastly different applications (for instance: my daily reader, my blogger, my forum visitor, and my out-of-town anonymous browser); the launcher right now uses the generic Firefox launcher icon to control and track each of the different instances of Firefox, even though I have separate launchers and icons for each profile... If I could at least make an icon for each profile in my conky and be able to either launch or go to the appropriate window of each individual instance with a mouse-click, that would be awesome.
    That's not Terrible. I remember mrpeachy working on an interactive launcher bar exactly like that.

Y'know what? I'm seeing a pattern here. You and mrpeachy need to have a long chat on your own so you can get caught up on this stuff. In the past couple/few cases you've brought up, your "Ideas" have pretty much matched what mrpeachy has done already. The fact that you keep calling them "terrible" or something similar, I'm thinking it's time you took some time with mrpeachy. Maybe read his lua howto and/or his blog. Get yourself caught up. These things are possible. I think, at worst, you can take a remarkably similar idea and customise it to do exactly what you are saying.

Beans
    Hidden!

@ Dngrsone
    ive tried several incarnations of a conky launcher
    its pretty easy to get going

here is one for example

uses the window_type panel so it doesnt get covered up

and here is a conky launcher and panel
    http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/post/207135/#p207135

im working on a new button script that should make adding buttons to conky much easier than it has been

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mrpeachy View Post
    @ Dngrsone
    ive tried several incarnations of a conky launcher
    its pretty easy to get going

here is one for example

uses the window_type panel so it doesnt get covered up

and here is a conky launcher and panel
    http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/post/207135/#p207135

im working on a new button script that should make adding buttons to conky much easier than it has been
    Yeah. Those are the ones I remember. That's what I was talking about. Thanks mrpeachy! You confirmed my memory for me! ...Do... Do you want a hug or something? ...I'm okay with it... You do a good job on these scripts, you do deserve it...

Beans

Hi everyone,
    First time posting and very new to conky! I just got teobigusgeekus's weather conky installed. It works fine. However no matter what i do i cant get it to appear transparent on screen. Its got a really black background I tried adjusting background transparent, argb settings, etc in .conkyrc. But all to no avail. I was hoping someone could help me figure this out.

Thank you in advance
    Elaine
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Elaine M; July 22nd, 2012 at 07:54 PM. Reason: and i could need help in attachments to....sigh

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Just wondering why my conky would have (null) in place of the 4 CPU temperatures and a few other instances but, after several minutes, the temps etc. show up?
    This is only on Precise and it is puzzling to me.

I thought logging out and back in would help but, no just waiting a while helps.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    Just wondering why my conky would have (null) in place of the 4 CPU temperatures and a few other instances but, after several minutes, the temps etc. show up?
    This is only on Precise and it is puzzling to me.

I thought logging out and back in would help but, no just waiting a while helps.
    You're using Conky 1.8.1-6. It has a problem with Gnome-Keyring, and also has this strange tendency to wait until the first interval before running any of the execi commands.

Upgrade to Conky 1.9.0-2. Easiest way (Ubuntu family)?

Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:vincent-c/conky
    sudo apt-get update
    Then just accept the updated version of Conky that shows up.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine M View Post
    Hi everyone,
    First time posting and very new to conky! I just got teobigusgeekus's weather conky installed. It works fine. However no matter what i do i cant get it to appear transparent on screen. Its got a really black background I tried adjusting background transparent, argb settings, etc in .conkyrc. But all to no avail. I was hoping someone could help me figure this out.

Thank you in advance
    Elaine
    Kinda need a screenshot to see this for myself. I have a theory, but I won't say anything until there's a visual confirmation. I don't want to assume anything.

Beans

Thanks for reply 42Dorian. Here is the screenshot. Blk background on the weather conky. Other conky to right is ok.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine M View Post
    Thanks for reply 42Dorian. Here is the screenshot. Blk background on the weather conky. Other conky to right is ok.
    can you also post your entire conkyrc inside code tags

Page 2024 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1024152419241974201420222023202420252026203420742124 ... LastLast