Page 1551 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 5511051145115011541154915501551155215531561160116512051 ... LastLast
Results 15,501 to 15,510 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    Yup, you're right, I'm wrong. I remember both of those WYSIWYG editors you mentioned, and I recall looking at the code they generated once I learned how to do it without them ....

They created a MESS that with a "million" (OK: hundreds of) useless commands that did nothing. Commands that worked when X Factor was over there and now is here. Riiiiiiiiiiight!
    Too bad that ConkyGUI is so rudimentary. It would be nice to have the code syntax check once in a while. But, it doesn't seem to like multiple tabs for multiple conkys and lua scripts. So, I guess it was just a nice thought.

Trust me, this isn't an issue of right or wrong. I'm glad we at least aired this in the open so there was no confusion about it. A lot of people can confuse the different types of these interfaces.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by alfick3 View Post
    I know most Linux folk use the CLI, but I was wondering if there is a graphical method to edit and modify conky. I just loaded Pinguy OS onto one of my laptops and would like to modify the thing on the right side of my screen (which I have found out is conky). I'm not afraid to open a terminal and use it, but would prefer to just use a graphical environment.
    If you've been folowing this ... just use any text editor ... it is only a text file. make a backup first.

Look here: Conky Setup Guide

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post
    Too bad that ConkyGUI is so rudimentary. It would be nice to have the code syntax check once in a while. But, it doesn't seem to like multiple tabs for multiple conkys and lua scripts. So, I guess it was just a nice thought.

Trust me, this isn't an issue of right or wrong. I'm glad we at least aired this in the open so there was no confusion about it. A lot of people can confuse the different types of these interfaces.
    It is pretty rudimentary isn't it. I think it's probably abandoned.

And I didn't mean right/wrong in that sense - it was a lead in to, as you said, "air this in the open"!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

42dorian and sector11, thank you both for the replies. I will try the graphical text editor.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by alfick3 View Post
    42dorian and sector11, thank you both for the replies. I will try the graphical text editor.
    Yeah, don't try that conkyGUI. It's a piece of junk. I just ran it once this past couple hours and it resulted in my entire Conky getting reformatted. It didn't work right at all. In fact I'm still recovering some of the damage it did.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    The error *appears* to indicate a syntax problem in the conky_draw_bg function. That's where I would focus my attention.

I can't reproduce the error, on this end, but since it involves a nil value, and (cr) is being set to nil in a previous line, I would try...

Code:
    <snip>

function conky_draw_bg()
        if conky_window==nil then return end
        if cr==nil then cairo_destroy(cr) end
        local w=conky_window.width
        local h=conky_window.height
        local v=vindsl_hack
        local cs=cairo_xlib_surface_create(conky_window.display, conky_window.drawable, conky_window.visual, conky_window.width, conky_window.height)
        local cr=cairo_create(cs)

cairo_move_to(cr,corner_r,0)
        cairo_line_to(cr,w-corner_r,0)
        cairo_curve_to(cr,w,0,w,0,w,corner_r)
        cairo_line_to(cr,w,h+v-corner_r)
        cairo_curve_to(cr,w,h+v,w,h+v,w-corner_r,h+v)
        cairo_line_to(cr,corner_r,h+v)
        cairo_curve_to(cr,0,h+v,0,h+v,0,h+v-corner_r)
        cairo_line_to(cr,0,corner_r)
        cairo_curve_to(cr,0,0,0,0,corner_r,0)
        cairo_close_path(cr)

cairo_set_source_rgba(cr,rgb_to_r_g_b(bg_colour,bg_alpha))
        cairo_fill(cr)
    end

<snip>
    Just thinking out loud. Let me know if it works... or not.
    Thanks for helping VinDSL, but it was actually my own silly fault! It turns out that my scripts directory was called ~/scripts as opposed to ~/Scripts . Stupid me -_-

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    +1 Vin ... so that's two thumbs up!

Have you though of a Start/Stop/Restart/Stop_Again Conky script? Really handy little sucker that is!
    Great little script that is. Use it everyday. congrats on fillin your desktop up too sector11. Once I turn my laptop on im puttin that calendar on there.
    I'm a super power user

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Can anyone explain this strange phenomenon to me, please? There are times when I make a modification to my conkyrc, and then when conky resets, it resets to the OTHER side of my desktop.

Attached is a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

And also, the little picture of the sun or the moon ALWAYS has those darn clouds behind it, even if the weather conditions are "Clear" or "Sunny".
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post
    Yeah, don't try that conkyGUI. It's a piece of junk. I just ran it once this past couple hours and it resulted in my entire Conky getting reformatted. It didn't work right at all. In fact I'm still recovering some of the damage it did.
    What! No backup?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by frustratednerd View Post
    Can anyone explain this strange phenomenon to me, please? There are times when I make a modification to my conkyrc, and then when conky resets, it resets to the OTHER side of my desktop.

Attached is a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

And also, the little picture of the sun or the moon ALWAYS has those darn clouds behind it, even if the weather conditions are "Clear" or "Sunny".
    post your .conkyrc for us please
    I'm a super power user

Page 1551 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 5511051145115011541154915501551155215531561160116512051 ... LastLast