Page 750 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 25065070074074874975075175276080085012501750 ... LastLast
Results 7,491 to 7,500 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

It's working for me with both selfcompiled Conky 1.7.1.1 and GetDeb Conky 1.7.1.1

Code:
    ${diskiograph /dev/sda}
    Linux Debian Sid (Minted) x86_64/3.12.10, Conky 2.0_pre, Xorg 7.7/1.15.0, KDE 4.11.5, Lenovo T61, Intel X3100, HITACHI HTS722010K9SA00 100GB, WDC_WD5000BEVT 500GB
    Linux user No.: 483055 | My Conky Pitstop corner | One4All project

Beans

I've just started getting into conky, and am really enjoying it's functionality. I'll post the config and screenshot when I have everything fine tuned, but I had to ask the group:

Am I the only one that thinks my .conkyrc file should be xml compliant? It seems to me that developing and formatting conky could be made smoother and more efficient if it were more like formatting HTML.
    Last edited by infallible; June 14th, 2009 at 03:22 AM.

Beans

One more from my side... haven't tried the new version...

S1.png

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by infallible View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks my .conkyrc file should be xml compliant? It seems to me that developing and formatting conky could be made smoother and more efficient if it were more like formatting HTML.
    I would be hate it if they switched to an HTML-like format.

However, if I came across an identical program that used such a format, I would probably like it.
    I have a strong hatred of KDE

Beans
    Hidden!

I've just started getting into conky, and am really enjoying it's functionality. I'll post the config and screenshot when I have everything fine tuned, but I had to ask the group:

No you're not alone...I no longer use conky for the majority of desktop based output for that reason

<shameless_plug>
    I have created a python app which has runs plugins equivalent to my conky python scripts and uses them to output to the desktop. The templates for output are all html orientated, the app itself uses webkit to display output.

It is by no means an equivalent to conky as it can't handle graph based output, but it does support quite a few things and is very customisable. Javascript and image support makes for quite interesting possibilities.

I've attached my current desktop output using this app, see my sig for a link
    </shameless_plug>
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kaivalagi; June 14th, 2009 at 03:03 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

${text&#58;off topic&#58;plug}

Hi kaivalagi,

Personally I don't see any reason to say a "shameless plug", you done a LOT for conky and developed your Desktop Info App With Html Support (gtk-desktop-info) from the apps you made for conky. The fact that it doesn't do everything that conky does makes it a very nice nice companion to conky.

While "gtk-desktop" does all the things you created for conky (deluge, email. exaile, forecast, googlecalendar, pidgin, rhythmbox,) and a few more (feedparser, null, processinfo, shell, tomboy, twitter), it doesn't do everything conky does.

Since I don't use: Deluge, Exaile, Google Calendar, Pidgin, Rhythmbox Tomboy or Twitter what I do use gtk-desktop-app for is weather. I still yse the script "conkyEmail" because I I want to know is the number of "new mails" on each account, nothing else. Oh, and I also use "conkyText", a little known app that you made that seems to be a secret.

So like I said, conky and gtk-desktop-app compliment each other, nothing to be ashamed about.

You do good work, kaivalagi!
    ${text}

Have a nice day.
    Bruce
    Last edited by Bruce M.; June 14th, 2009 at 03:03 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Thumbs down Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

you should look into conky2 on the wiki page....
    Last edited by Crinos512; June 14th, 2009 at 05:57 PM.
    || Kubuntu x86_64 (15.10 Dev.) || KDE 4.9.00 ||
    || Dell Inspiron 570 || 8GB PC3-10600 DDR3 RAM || AMD Phenom II X4 820 @ 2.8Ghz ||
    || Logitech M570 Trackball || Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard ||
    Conky: ... no such configuration: 'normal'

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Crinos512 View Post
    you should look into conky2 on the wiki page....
    YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHAW!!!! Conky is growing up!

Now to figure all that out.
    I gotta learn how to compile!!!!!!

Link bookmarked - Thank you Crinos512 -->> You're that Man!
    CHIMO!
    Bruce

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M. View Post
    YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHAW!!!! Conky is growing up!

Now to figure all that out.
    I gotta learn how to compile!!!!!!

Link bookmarked - Thank you Crinos512 -->> You're that Man!
    CHIMO!
    Bruce
    Compiling and Installing From Source

You won't have any trouble learning it.
    Last edited by ddnev45; June 15th, 2009 at 02:25 AM.
    The mark of an honest man ... is that he means what he says and knows what he means.
    A.R.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Thumbs down Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

ok, here's another one to hurt your head...

Conky and GNU Screen

Most of you will already know GNU Screen, but did you know that you can use display conky stats in a screen session ?
    YaKonky.png
    || Kubuntu x86_64 (15.10 Dev.) || KDE 4.9.00 ||
    || Dell Inspiron 570 || 8GB PC3-10600 DDR3 RAM || AMD Phenom II X4 820 @ 2.8Ghz ||
    || Logitech M570 Trackball || Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard ||
    Conky: ... no such configuration: 'normal'

Page 750 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 25065070074074874975075175276080085012501750 ... LastLast