Page 2001 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1001150119011951199119992000200120022003201120512101 ... LastLast
Results 20,001 to 20,010 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by mrpeachy View Post
    see here for some lua math with conky variables
    http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/post/128997/#p128997

probably needs some updating with the newer versions of conky

however, date and time calculations are a special case - values roll around and no negatives

re time calculations
    well i would just do the whole vnstat conky in lua anyway and cut out the middle man

if you want it automated you might need 2 functions, one to evaluate which months data to show and one to evaluate the year as you are going to have the case at the start of the year when you want to show the month before, which will also be the year before... i forget how vnstat displays its data
    ...My theory that you were going to show up with one of these scripts was not only correct... You had it for a while already? Man... I AM slow lately.

Not gonna lie. I'm feelin' overwhelmed now that BOTH the masters are demonstrating how behind I am. Every time one of the two of you shows up, I'm like a little kid sitting cross-legged on the ground, frantically learning whatever he can make sense of from a teacher. With BOTH of you doing this in the past few days? I think I need a nap I'm not getting anything through this thick skull in the condition I'm in

*Bows to the Masters*

P.S. mrpeachy has just generated the Twenty THOUSANDTH Post in this thread. If minds aren't blown by that, there's something wrong with the world.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post

P.S. mrpeachy has just generated the Twenty THOUSANDTH Post in this thread. If minds aren't blown by that, there's something wrong with the world.
    i didnt even notice... yay me!

i know for a fact that dk75 could code rings around me with ease
    i just know what i know, a specific code niche if you like

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mrpeachy View Post
    i didnt even notice... yay me!

i know for a fact that dk75 could code rings around me with ease
    i just know what i know, a specific code niche if you like
    Regardless of who can code what, you two are my LUA Masters. Lately, no matter how hard I try, and how many times I go into it saying "I've picked this up from mrpeachy before, I can do this!", it ends with my head spinning and me crawling back here for more lessons

The difference here being I'm PRETTY SURE I'm picking it up from you and dk75. I have no doubt that I CAN do it. Just, lately it's out of reach. I think the recent issues with my parents in the hospital has scrambled my marbles a bit or something (They're fine, no worries.) I just don't think my brain is back in code mode yet, that's all.

What HASN'T changed is that you two are AWESOME. I knew dk75 was a LUA guy, but this AWK stuff... Out of the blue like a revelation. The things you two contribute to Conky is mind blowing.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post
    That last part is exactly as complex as it needs to be. Because it's telling the vnstat calls to look at the PREVIOUS MONTH'S data until the 11th of each month when it switches over. Thus, it checks to see if it is CURRENTLY the 11th of this current month and year. If not, it checks what month it IS, and depending on what month that is, it looks for a month that precedes it.
    hm... so basically to the 11th of each month you display last month result, and since 11th you display present month result?

Then it shouldn't be to hard... it needs only 3 date invocation (what day it is, what month it is and what month was last) and then some AWK script to compare.
    It could be reduced to 2 date invocation even, since current day and month could be fetched in one call.

So 2 date and 1 awk invocation.
    Lets see... this should do...
    Code:
    #-----Monthly/Daily Bandwidth Usage
    ${font}${color2}NETWORK DATA USE${color6}${hr 1}${color2}
    ${goto 35}${color2}Today${goto 125}Monthly 
    ${color2}${goto 15}U:${goto 30}${color1}${font TransponderAOE:bold:size=12}${execpi 60 vnstat -d | awk '$0 ~ "'$(date +%D)'" {print $5"${goto 85}"$6}'}${goto 120}${execpi 60 vnstat -m |awk -v currDate="$(env LANG=en date +%-e-%b)" -v lastMonth="$(env LANG=en date -d 'last month' +%b)" 'BEGIN{split(currDate,currDateArray,"-"); if (currDayArray[1]<11) monthStat=lastMonth; else monthStat=currDayArray[2];} $0 ~ monthStat {print $6"${goto 175}"$7}'
    ${color2}${goto 15}D:${goto 30}${color4}${font TransponderAOE:bold:size=12}${execpi 60 vnstat -d | awk '$0 ~ "'$(date +%D)'" {print $2"${goto 85}"$3}'}${goto 120}${execpi 60 vnstat -m |awk -v currDate="$(env LANG=en date +%-e-%b)" -v lastMonth="$(env LANG=en date -d 'last month' +%b)" 'BEGIN{split(currDate,currDateArray,"-"); if (currDayArray[1]<11) monthStat=lastMonth; else monthStat=currDayArray[2];} $0 ~ monthStat {print $3"${goto 175}"$4}'
    ${color2}${goto 15}T:${goto 30}${color1}${font TransponderAOE:bold:size=12}${execpi 60 vnstat -d | awk '$0 ~ "'$(date +%D)'" {print $8"${goto 85}"$9}'}${goto 120}${execpi 60 vnstat -m |awk -v currDate="$(env LANG=en date +%-e-%b)" -v lastMonth="$(env LANG=en date -d 'last month' +%b)" 'BEGIN{split(currDate,currDateArray,"-"); if (currDayArray[1]<11) monthStat=lastMonth; else monthStat=currDayArray[2];} $0 ~ monthStat {print $9"${goto 175}"$10}'
    Linux Debian Sid (Minted) x86_64/3.12.10, Conky 2.0_pre, Xorg 7.7/1.15.0, KDE 4.11.5, Lenovo T61, Intel X3100, HITACHI HTS722010K9SA00 100GB, WDC_WD5000BEVT 500GB
    Linux user No.: 483055 | My Conky Pitstop corner | One4All project

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by jmfal View Post
    This my first post in this thread, conky sure is addictive.

A couple of questions:

1. When opening conky in a terminal should it return to a command prompt? mine does not.
    2. I have a temp displaying whee there is no code for it? (Between Core1 and cpu bar)
    3. Does conky have the ability too read multiple hard drives?
    Addictive is the word...

1. Not necessarily. Mine doesn't. But put an & after the command and you can hit [Enter] to get the prompt again. And you can also use && to chain commands, remember the & at the end:
    Code:
    conky -c ~/path_to/your_conky &
    killall conky && conky -c ~/path_to/your_conky &
    2. Yes, you are calling it. Terminal: "sensors" and you will see 'temp1' twice (I see 3) so:
    Code:
    ${exec sensors |grep 'temp1'| awk '{print $2}'| cut -c2-3}C
    will show 'all' the 'temp1' entries it finds. Show us the output of sensors please.

3. Yes - you have sda, sdb and sdc in place and waiting, not having multiple drives for years now I'll show partitions:
    Code:
    ${color}DISK ${hr 2}
    HDD/sda 1000Gb|${fs_free /} / ${fs_size /} // ${fs_free_perc /}%
    ${fs_bar 6 /}$color

HDD/sdb| 500Gb|${fs_free /home} / ${fs_size /home} // ${fs_free_perc /home}%
    sdb:Win7: ${fs_bar 6 /home}$color

HDD/sdc| 160Gb|${fs_free /media/5} / ${fs_size /media/5} // ${fs_free_perc /media/5}%
    sdc:${fs_type /media/5}: ${fs_bar 6 /media/5}
    This SHOULD work following the logic above where I am showing various partitions: If I'm wrong maybe someone with two or more HDD's can pitch in here.

Code:
    ${color}DISK ${hr 2}
    HDD/sda 1000Gb|${fs_free /} / ${fs_size /} // ${fs_free_perc /}%
    ${fs_bar 6 /}$color

HDD/sdb| 500Gb|${fs_free /dev/sdb/} / ${fs_size /dev/sdb/} // ${fs_free_perc /dev/sdb/}%
    sdb:Win7: ${fs_bar 6 /dev/sdb/}$color

HDD/sdc| 160Gb|${fs_free /dev/sdc/} / ${fs_size /dev/sdc/} // ${fs_free_perc /dev/sdc/}%
    sdc:${fs_type /dev/sdc/}: ${fs_bar 6 /dev/sdc/}
    I could not get a screenshot of my conky, I guess I need some help with that too.
    Help Appreciated
    Can't help with the screenshot, I don't use Ubuntu.
    Last edited by Sector11; June 4th, 2012 at 04:12 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    Addictive is the word...

1. Not necessarily. Mine doesn't. But put an & after the command and you can hit [Enter] to get the prompt again. And you can also use && to chain commands, remember the & at the end:
    Code:
    conky -c ~/path_to/your_conky &
    killall conky && conky -c ~/path_to/your_conky &
    At the beginning of Conky config file there is a line
    Code:
    background no
    It doesn't control of drawing of background behind Conky window but whatever Conky should be run at "background" (thus returns prompt to the terminal) or not.
    Change that to
    Code:
    background yes
    and that's it.

As for screen shots... hit "PrtScr" button on keyboard or search for screen shot program in accessory system menu.
    By default, "PrtScr" saves PNG's to "~/Picture" folder (your home picture folder), where with a program from menu, you could set it manually among other things.
    Linux Debian Sid (Minted) x86_64/3.12.10, Conky 2.0_pre, Xorg 7.7/1.15.0, KDE 4.11.5, Lenovo T61, Intel X3100, HITACHI HTS722010K9SA00 100GB, WDC_WD5000BEVT 500GB
    Linux user No.: 483055 | My Conky Pitstop corner | One4All project

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thanks for the reply Sector11

The code for hdd2$3 displays 0/0 0%. I'm assuming that they will register when mounted. I'm trying to get them to display without mounting.
    Found a thread about using :
    Code:
     if_used 
     if_existing 
    if_mounted 
    endif
    They where not very clear on use.

Output of $sensors

Code:
       jeff@jeff-ET1331G:~$ sensors
    it8716-isa-0a10
    Adapter: ISA adapter
    in0:          +0.94 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +1.02 V)  ALARM
    in1:          +2.48 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.03 V)  ALARM
    in2:          +1.78 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
    in3:          +3.39 V  (min =  +0.03 V, max =  +2.05 V)  ALARM
    in4:          +3.06 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +1.02 V)  ALARM
    in5:          +1.15 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
    in6:          +3.02 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
    5VSB:         +2.91 V  (min =  +2.30 V, max =  +2.56 V)  ALARM
    Vbat:         +3.28 V  
    fan1:        1880 RPM  (min =   -1 RPM)  ALARM
    fan2:           0 RPM  (min =   -1 RPM)  ALARM
    fan3:           0 RPM  (min = 10546 RPM)  ALARM
    temp1:        +26.0°C  (low  = -110.0°C, high =  +0.0°C)  sensor = thermal diode
    temp2:        +34.0°C  (low  = +40.0°C, high = +32.0°C)  ALARM  sensor = thermistor
    temp3:       -128.0°C  (low  =  +0.0°C, high =  +0.0°C)  sensor = disabled
    cpu0_vid:    +1.525 V
    intrusion0:  OK

k10temp-pci-00c3
    Adapter: PCI adapter
    temp1:        +20.5°C  (high = +70.0°C)

jeff@jeff-ET1331G:~$
    I can't find where I called "temp1" "3 times" unless you are talking about using "grep|awk". I couldn't get it to display without using "awk".

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by dk75 View Post
    At the beginning of Conky config file there is a line
    Code:
    background no
    It doesn't control of drawing of background behind Conky window but whatever Conky should be run at "background" (thus returns prompt to the terminal) or not.
    Change that to
    Code:
    background yes
    and that's it.
    I ran a test, all mine are no so I changed it to yes:

no prompt ...

killed conky, in another terminal, changed background to no

and used the same terminal to start the conky again and I still had to hit [Enter] to get a prompt.

Does not say if there is a default:
    background
    Boolean value, if true, Conky will be forked to background when started.
    jmfal's conky does not have 'background' above TEXT so whatever 'is' default applied.

I wonder it it could be an OS and/or "how things are setup" thing? I have always had to hit enter to get a prompt.

Quote Originally Posted by dk75 View Post
    As for screen shots... hit "PrtScr" button on keyboard or search for screen shot program in accessory system menu.
    By default, "PrtScr" saves PNG's to "~/Picture" folder (your home picture folder), where with a program from menu, you could set it manually among other things.
    I should have though of that but I don't have a ~/Pictures directory so they get lost "someplace in the cosmos".

My OpenBox menus puts them in ~/images - I'll have to change the [PtrScr] function to is ~/image vs "the cosmos"

Beans
    Hidden!

[SIZE=3]T[SIZE=2]hanks for the reply Sector11
    You're welcome ...

Some things I missed:
    Code:
    Conky: /home/jeff/.conkyrc: 47: no such configuration: 'border_margin'
    border_margin is depreciated:

Change:
    Code:
    # border margins
    border_margin 5
    to:
    Code:
    # border margins
    border_inner_margin 5
    border_outer_margin 0
    That will clear up that error.

Next font 'arial' can't load... change these:
    Code:
    use_xft yes
    and
    Code:
    xftfont Arial:size=8
    and this:
    Code:
    use_spacer yes
    to:
    Code:
    use_spacer right #left, right or none - defaults to right if 'yes'
    The code for hdd2$3 displays 0/0 0%. I'm assuming that they will register when mounted. I'm trying to get them to display without mounting.
    Found a thread about using :
    Code:
     if_used 
     if_existing 
    if_mounted 
    endif
    They where not very clear on use.
    Good example found here for $if_existing --->>> remember for EVERY ${if_something] you need an ${endif}

Output of $sensors

Code:
       jeff@jeff-ET1331G:~$ sensors
    it8716-isa-0a10
    Adapter: ISA adapter
    in0:          +0.94 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +1.02 V)  ALARM
    in1:          +2.48 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.03 V)  ALARM
    in2:          +1.78 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
    in3:          +3.39 V  (min =  +0.03 V, max =  +2.05 V)  ALARM
    in4:          +3.06 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +1.02 V)  ALARM
    in5:          +1.15 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
    in6:          +3.02 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
    5VSB:         +2.91 V  (min =  +2.30 V, max =  +2.56 V)  ALARM
    Vbat:         +3.28 V  
    fan1:        1880 RPM  (min =   -1 RPM)  ALARM
    fan2:           0 RPM  (min =   -1 RPM)  ALARM
    fan3:           0 RPM  (min = 10546 RPM)  ALARM
    temp1:        +26.0°C  (low  = -110.0°C, high =  +0.0°C)  sensor = thermal diode
    temp2:        +34.0°C  (low  = +40.0°C, high = +32.0°C)  ALARM  sensor = thermistor
    temp3:       -128.0°C  (low  =  +0.0°C, high =  +0.0°C)  sensor = disabled
    cpu0_vid:    +1.525 V
    intrusion0:  OK

k10temp-pci-00c3
    Adapter: PCI adapter

jeff@jeff-ET1331G:~$
    I can't find where I called "temp1" "3 times" unless you are talking about using "grep|awk". I couldn't get it to display without using "awk".
    Exactly, when you used:
    Code:
    Core 1: ${freq 1} MHz        Temprature:$color${exec sensors |grep 'temp1'| awk '{print $2}'| cut -c2-3}C
    that grep 'temp1' grabbed both:
    Code:

What you can use, and it's easier to use, is hwmon:
    Code:
    ${hwmon 1 temp 1}
    ${hwmon 2 temp 1}
    To read those two temps.

I think ${hwmon 2 temp 1} will be your CPU temp. Others that understand that better might be able to confirm/deny that.

OR you could grep '(high = +70.0°C)' that will give you the second "temp1"
    but since hwmon doesn't require an ${exec} call it's easier on resources.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thanks for the help Sector11 and DK75 !
    I added the "background yes" to the very top of code, enter=command prompt.
    Would like to find out why that temp1 is displaying, I think it is motherboard/southbridge temp.

Changing background to yes seemed to make colors less vibrant, Oh well.

Page 2001 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1001150119011951199119992000200120022003201120512101 ... LastLast