Page 800 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 30070075079079879980080180281085090013001800 ... LastLast
Results 7,991 to 8,000 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by ~sHyLoCk~ View Post
    Thanks to all the tips in this thread finally I came up with something. Yes, it looks a bit messy, but I NEED ALL THE INFOs on my desktop without having to open any browser!
    PS- Don't laugh at my screen size! -__-
    I don't laugh at anyone's screen size...I only have 8.9"! And I'm the only person on my block who doesn't have a giant flat screen telly...Just a normal old 21" CRT!!!

I also don't think your desktop is messy if you use all the info. But I feel as though I should point out that some of your info is redundant, like the time/date in the panel, calendar and Conky time/date. Also, remember that if you know what everything is, you don't necessarily have to label it, e.g. since you only have current weather conditions, you don't really need to label it "weather now".

One more thing...Most of the bottom Conky seems redundant because you've already got process, kernel, weather, temp info elsewhere...Did you mean for it to be that way?

I also love the wallpaper, and a good subtle use of colour
    - Samsung R519 Silver - Dual-Boot Windows 7/Ubuntu 9.10 -
    - The Official Conky Blog - Follow conkynews on Twitter -
    - My Launchpad PPA -
    - My blog: My Little Desktop -

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M. View Post
    Nice one, I like the RadioSpace font and how you've used it, I'll have to get that.

Next - Where did you get that wallpaper? I "love" it!!!

Have a nice day.
    Bruce
    http://gnome-look.org/CONTENT/conten...-waterfire.jpg - wallpaperage!

And thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M. View Post
    Code:
    Below: the new stuff
    NAME${goto 130}CPU%${goto 200}MEM%
    ${top name 1}${goto 130}${top cpu 1}${goto 200}${top mem 1}
    ${top name 2}${goto 130}${top cpu 2}${goto 200}${top mem 2}
    ${top name 3}${goto 130}${top cpu 3}${goto 200}${top mem 3}
    ${top name 4}${goto 130}${top cpu 4}${goto 200}${top mem 4}
    But as I said, it's just a suggestion.

Have a nice day.
    Bruce
    The thing about that, having a single top that shows mem in one column and CPU in the other, what if the top CPU processes are different than the top mem processes? What if the top mem processes are Firefox and Xorg, but the top CPU proceses are compiz and gimp? Which ones does it show? Do the CPU processes take precedence, or the mem processes?
    Desktop: Quantal on Core2 Duo E8500/Asus P5Q
    Laptop: Precise on S76 Pangolin

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dk75 View Post
    Code:
    ${combine ${exec blah} ${combine ${goto 260} ${exec blah}}}
    works for me ( notice space between $goto and $exec )

PS: space is unimportand - works either way for me
    This doesn't work for me... the first line of the second exec starts at 260, but the second line goes all the way to the left with the first exec. So
    Code:
    ${combine ${exec blah} ${combine ${goto 260} ${exec blah}}}
    gives the first line of blue at 260, but the second line of blue is put wherever the second line of green stopped. Here's the original screenshot of what it looks like:

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by infallible View Post
    I supposed I've moved on from tweaking this for a while, so here it is. I've taken freely from the other configs in this post, so my gratitude goes out to all of you.
    wow thats nice
    i love that wallpaper

if you want, you can get rid of the leading 0 on the time like this:
    ${time %-I:%M:%P}

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by londonali1010 View Post
    I don't laugh at anyone's screen size...I only have 8.9"! And I'm the only person on my block who doesn't have a giant flat screen telly...Just a normal old 21" CRT!!!

I also don't think your desktop is messy if you use all the info. But I feel as though I should point out that some of your info is redundant, like the time/date in the panel, calendar and Conky time/date. Also, remember that if you know what everything is, you don't necessarily have to label it, e.g. since you only have current weather conditions, you don't really need to label it "weather now".

One more thing...Most of the bottom Conky seems redundant because you've already got process, kernel, weather, temp info elsewhere...Did you mean for it to be that way?

I also love the wallpaper, and a good subtle use of colour
    Thanks a lot for your feedback! I was hoping someone would point out what needs to be changed. Ok, I made the necessary fixes! Except I don't know where else to put the HDD bars, so my only option is at the bottom. Also when my external hdd is not connected, thing's look well, but when they are connected the bottom part is almost filled! I must think of a better way
    Here's the wallpaper btw:

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

# Use Xft?
    use_xft yes
    xftfont DejaVu Sans:size=8
    xftalpha 0.8
    text_buffer_size 2048

# set to yes if you want Conky to be forked in the background
    background no

# Update interval in seconds
    update_interval 1

# This is the number of times Conky will update before quitting.
    # Set to zero to run forever.
    total_run_times 0

# Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
    own_window yes
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_type override
    #own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

# Use double buffering (reduces flicker, may not work for everyone)
    double_buffer yes

# Minimum size of text area
    minimum_size 180 0
    #maximum_width 200

# Draw shades?
    draw_shades no

# Draw outlines?
    draw_outline no

# Draw borders around text
    draw_borders no

# Stippled borders?
    stippled_borders 0

# border margins
    border_margin 5

# border width
    border_width 1

# Default colors and also border colors
    default_color white
    #default_shade_color black
    #default_outline_color white
    own_window_colour white

# Text alignment, other possible values are commented
    #alignment top_left
    alignment top_right
    #alignment bottom_left
    #alignment bottom_right

# Gap between borders of screen and text
    # same thing as passing -x at command line
    gap_x 15
    gap_y 215

# Subtract file system buffers from used memory?
    no_buffers yes

# set to yes if you want all text to be in uppercase
    uppercase no

# number of cpu samples to average
    # set to 1 to disable averaging
    cpu_avg_samples 2

# number of net samples to average
    net_avg_samples 2

# Force UTF8? note that UTF8 support required XFT
    override_utf8_locale yes

# Add spaces to keep things from moving about? This only affects certain objects.
    use_spacer none

TEXT
    ${if_running rhythmbox}
    ${font j.d.:size=10}${color3}${execi 5 lyricsdownloader -t 35 | fold -sw25}
    ${else}
    SYSTEM ${hr 2}
    ${voffset 2}${font OpenLogos:size=16}u${font} Kernel: ${alignr}${kernel}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}A${font} CPU1: ${cpu cpu1}% ${alignr}${cpubar cpu1 8,60}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}A${font} CPU2: ${cpu cpu2}% ${alignr}${cpubar cpu2 8,60}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}g${font} RAM: $memperc% ${alignr}${membar 8,60}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}j${font} SWAP: $swapperc% ${alignr}${swapbar 8,60}
    ${font Webdings:size=16}~${font} Battery: ${battery_percent BAT0}% ${alignr}${battery_bar 8,60 BAT0}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}q${font} Uptime: ${alignr}${uptime}
    ${font StyleBats:size=16}k${font} Processes: ${alignr}$processes ($running_processes running)

Highest CPU $alignr CPU% MEM%
    ${hr 1}
    ${top name 1}$alignr${top cpu 1}${top mem 1}
    ${top name 2}$alignr${top cpu 2}${top mem 2}
    ${top name 3}$alignr${top cpu 3}${top mem 3}

HD ${hr 2}
    ${font Pie charts for maps:size=14}7${font} ${voffset -5}Home:
    ${voffset 4}${fs_free /home}/${fs_size /home} ${alignr}${fs_bar 8,60 /home}

${execpi 300 hddtemp /dev/sda}

NETWORK ${hr 2}
    ${if_existing /proc/net/route wlan0}
    ${voffset -6}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}O${font} Up: ${upspeed wlan0} kb/s ${alignr}${upspeedgraph wlan0 8,60}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}U${font} Down: ${downspeed wlan0} kb/s ${alignr}${downspeedgraph wlan0 8,60}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}N${font} Upload: ${alignr}${totalup wlan0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}T${font} Download: ${alignr}${totaldown wlan0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}Z${font} Signal: ${wireless_link_qual wlan0}% ${alignr}${wireless_link_bar 8,60 wlan0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}a${font} Local Ip: ${alignr}${addr wlan0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}b${font} Public Ip: ${alignr}${execi 1 ~/Conky/scripts/ip.sh}
    ${else}${if_existing /proc/net/route eth0}
    ${voffset -6}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}O${font} Up: ${upspeed eth0} kb/s ${alignr}${upspeedgraph eth0 8,60}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}U${font} Down: ${downspeed eth0} kb/s ${alignr}${downspeedgraph eth0 8,60}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}N${font} Upload: ${alignr}${totalup eth0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}T${font} Download: ${alignr}${totaldown eth0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}a${font} Local Ip: ${alignr}${addr eth0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}b${font} Public Ip: ${alignr}${execi 1 ~/Conky/scripts/ip.sh}
    ${endif}${else}${if_existing /proc/net/route eth1}
    ${voffset -6}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}O${font} Up: ${upspeed eth1} kb/s ${alignr}${upspeedgraph eth1 8,60}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}U${font} Down: ${downspeed eth1} kb/s ${alignr}${downspeedgraph eth1 8,60}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}N${font} Upload: ${alignr}${totalup eth1}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}T${font} Download: ${alignr}${totaldown eth1}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}a${font} Local Ip: ${alignr}${addr eth1}
    ${endif}${else}
    ${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}4${font} Network Unavailable
    ${endif}
    ${endif}

# Use Xft?
    use_xft yes
    xftfont DejaVu Sans:size=8
    xftalpha 0.8
    text_buffer_size 2048

# Update interval in seconds
    update_interval 1

# This is the number of times Conky will update before quitting.
    # Set to zero to run forever.
    total_run_times 0

# Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
    own_window yes
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_type override
    #own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

# Use double buffering (reduces flicker, may not work for everyone)
    double_buffer yes

# Minimum size of text area
    minimum_size 180 0
    #maximum_width 200

# Draw shades?
    draw_shades no

# Draw outlines?
    draw_outline no

# Draw borders around text
    draw_borders no

# Stippled borders?
    stippled_borders 0

# border margins
    border_margin 5

# border width
    border_width 1

# Default colors and also border colors
    default_color white
    #default_shade_color black
    #default_outline_color white
    own_window_colour white

# Text alignment, other possible values are commented
    #alignment top_left
    alignment top_right
    #alignment bottom_left
    #alignment bottom_right

# Gap between borders of screen and text
    # same thing as passing -x at command line
    gap_x 280
    gap_y 50

# Subtract file system buffers from used memory?
    no_buffers yes

# set to yes if you want all text to be in uppercase
    uppercase no

# number of cpu samples to average
    cpu_avg_samples 2

# number of net samples to average
    net_avg_samples 2

# Force UTF8? note that UTF8 support required XFT
    override_utf8_locale yes

# Add spaces to keep things from moving about? This only affects certain objects.
    use_spacer none
    TEXT
    ${if_running rhythmbox}
    ${color adadad}${font j.d.:size=8}${exec rhythmbox-client --no-start --print-playing-format %tt}
    ${color FFFFFF}${exec rhythmbox-client --no-start --print-playing-format %aa}
    ${color adadad}${exec rhythmbox-client --no-start --print-playing-format %at}${font}

${font j.d.:size=10}${color3}${execi 5 lyricsdownloader -c 35 | fold -sw60}
    ${else}
    WEATHER ${hr 2}
    ${if_existing /proc/net/route wlan0}
    ${voffset -10}${alignr 56}${font ConkyWeather:style=Bold:size=40}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=WF}${font}
    ${voffset -50}${font Weather:size=40}y${font} ${voffset -38}${font Arial Black:size=26}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=HT --imperial}${font}

${voffset 0}${alignc 43}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=DW --startday=1 --shortweekday} ${alignc 8}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=DW --startday=2 --shortweekday} ${alignc -29}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=DW --startday=3 --shortweekday} ${alignc -64}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=DW --startday=4 --shortweekday}
    ${voffset 0}${alignc 75}${font ConkyWeather:size=28}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=WF --startday=1 --endday=4 --spaces=1}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${font DejaVu Sans:size=7}${alignc 48}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=HT --imperial --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}/${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=LT --imperial --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3} ${alignc -14}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=HT --imperial --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}/${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=LT --imperial --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3} ${alignc -40}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=HT --imperial --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}/${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=LT --imperial --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3} ${alignr 6}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=HT --imperial --startday=4 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}/${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=LT --imperial --startday=4 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}${font}
    ${else}${if_existing /proc/net/route eth0}
    ${voffset -10}${alignr 56}${font ConkyWeather:style=Bold:size=40}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=WF}${font}
    ${voffset -50}${font Weather:size=40}y${font} ${voffset -38}${font Arial Black:size=26}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=HT --imperial}${font}

${voffset 0}${alignc 43}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=DW --startday=1 --shortweekday} ${alignc 8}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=DW --startday=2 --shortweekday} ${alignc -29}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=DW --startday=3 --shortweekday} ${alignc -64}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=DW --startday=4 --shortweekday}
    ${voffset 0}${alignc 75}${font ConkyWeather:size=28}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=WF --startday=1 --endday=4 --spaces=1}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${font DejaVu Sans:size=7}${alignc 48}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=HT --imperial --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}/${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=LT --imperial --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3} ${alignc -14}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=HT --imperial --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}/${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=LT --imperial --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3} ${alignc -40}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=HT --imperial --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}/${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=LT --imperial --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3} ${alignr 6}${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=HT --imperial --startday=4 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}/${execpi 600 conkyForecast --location=USMA0340 --datatype=LT --imperial --startday=4 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3}${font}
    ${endif}${else}${if_existing /proc/net/route eth1}

${endif}${else}
    ${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}4${font} Weather Unavailable
    ${endif}

E-MAIL ${hr 2}
    ${alignc}${color}${font}${execpi 300 python ~/Conky/scripts/gmail_parser.py pmcsweeney17@gmail.com password 3}
    ${alignc}

NEWS ${hr 2}
    ${font LucidaGrande:size=10}${color ffffff}BBC News | World
    ${font}${rss http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonl...t_page/rss.xml 10 item_title 0}
    ${font}${rss http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonl...t_page/rss.xml 10 item_title 1}
    ${font}${rss http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonl...t_page/rss.xml 10 item_title 2}
    ${font}${rss http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonl...t_page/rss.xml 10 item_title 3}
    ${font}${rss http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonl...t_page/rss.xml 10 item_title 4}
    ${endif}

MUSIC ${hr 2}
    ${if_running audacious}${exec audtool --current-song}
    ${exec audtool --current-song-bitrate-kbps} kbps / ${exec audtool --current-song-length} ${execbar expr 100 \* $(audtool --current-song-output-length-seconds) \/ $(audtool --current-song-length-seconds)}$endi
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Apevia X-Cruiser | AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz | Gigabyte 790X-UD4P | 4GB G Skill RAM | WD 320GB HD | NVIDIA 8600GT | PC Power & Cooling 500W Silencer | Pioneer CD/DVD | Ubuntu 11.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I just installed conky. How do I edit the config file?/where is it?
    I tried to go to usr/bin/conky but that just runs conky.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Nevermind.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by dutch_gecko View Post
    This doesn't work for me...
    OK. I've didn't think about multiline output script and it is quiet presumable that conky developers also didn't think about that when invented "$combine" variable.

So the only choice that you have is...
    Code:
    ${combine ${exec blah}      ${exec blah}}
    but this will change second column position as first one change it's own ( longest string in the column ).
    Linux Debian Sid (Minted) x86_64/3.12.10, Conky 2.0_pre, Xorg 7.7/1.15.0, KDE 4.11.5, Lenovo T61, Intel X3100, HITACHI HTS722010K9SA00 100GB, WDC_WD5000BEVT 500GB
    Linux user No.: 483055 | My Conky Pitstop corner | One4All project

Page 800 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 30070075079079879980080180281085090013001800 ... LastLast