Page 1051 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 51551951100110411049105010511052105310611101115115512051 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,510 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by proxess View Post
    Can someone example Conky Forecast with images?
    Mine:
    Old - New

And a modified help page

Question obviously will be answered.

CHIMO!
    Bruce

Beans
    Hidden!

Well, I created a one liner yesterday, my very first 1-liner, and the "screen ruler" really helped. Click on any of the images will take you to Conky Hardcore! and the full story and files.

and the finished product is:

Then, on my way to put it up, I remembered something. And my "first ever Conky one-liner ceased to exist" as it became a two-liner or is that three? TWO!! Definately a 2-liner, there are only 2 lines after TEXT!

And now to create "Weather in a Box!"

Have a nice day folks!!
    Bruce

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M. View Post
    Well, I created a one liner yesterday, my very first 1-liner, and the "screen ruler" really helped. Click on any of the images will take you to Conky Hardcore! and the full story and files.

and the finished product is:

Then, on my way to put it up, I remembered something. And my "first ever Conky one-liner ceased to exist" as it became a two-liner or is that three? TWO!! Definately a 2-liner, there are only 2 lines after TEXT!

And now to create "Weather in a Box!"

Have a nice day folks!!
    Bruce
    Thats awesome Bruce. simple yet has lots of info. thats the point of conky isn't it or is it just to show off.
    I'm a super power user

Beans
    Hidden!

Well, I created a one liner yesterday, my very first 1-liner, and the "screen ruler" really helped.
    Have a nice day folks!!
    Bruce
    Hmmm.. "screenruler" apparently wasn't added to the repository for Hardy. Is there anywhere I can download that? I keep finding kruler and I don't want to add KDE dependencies.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by djyoung4 View Post
    Thats awesome Bruce. simple yet has lots of info. thats the point of conky isn't it or is it just to show off.
    Actually that is my NEW everyday conky, I have a "WeatherBox" conky now that pops up when I want the weather and gone when I don't need it. It is a modified version of the weather you see in the shot below

My old conky is:

and I'll miss that for a while, I've always had big heavy duty conkys. to the point I was running 6 at one time, the one above is a combination of those six. It's a "show piece"

The point of conky: It can be what you want it to be, a VW or a Rolls Royce, your choice.

Have a nice day.
    Bruce
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bruce M.; November 16th, 2009 at 08:12 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Thumbs down Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Bruce
    Hey Bruce, I noticed that your script contains a line:
    echo '${goto 240}'$TOPLINE | sed 's/So/${color red}So${color}/g' | sed 's/Sa/${color orange}Sa${color}/g'

whenever you have consecutive 'sed' calls you can combine them, like so:
    echo '${goto 240}'$TOPLINE | sed -e 's/So/${color red}So${color}/g' -e 's/Sa/${color orange}Sa${color}/g'

just a FYI.

CHIMO!
    || Kubuntu x86_64 (15.10 Dev.) || KDE 4.9.00 ||
    || Dell Inspiron 570 || 8GB PC3-10600 DDR3 RAM || AMD Phenom II X4 820 @ 2.8Ghz ||
    || Logitech M570 Trackball || Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard ||
    Conky: ... no such configuration: 'normal'

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Crinos512 View Post
    echo '${goto 240}'$TOPLINE | sed 's/So/${color red}So${color}/g' | sed 's/Sa/${color orange}Sa${color}/g'

echo '${goto 240}'$TOPLINE | sed -e 's/So/${color red}So${color}/g' -e 's/Sa/${color orange}Sa${color}/g'

just a FYI.

CHIMO!
    you can also use a semicolon ;
    echo '${goto 240}'$TOPLINE | sed 's/So/${color red}So${color}/g;s/Sa/${color orange}Sa${color}/g'

Of course, when you start using the semicolon to combine it all, debugging can be a bit more tricky.

Beans

I don't see anything out of place that would cause a problem like that (at a quick glance-I'm off to bed) but try changing the one line you actually call a font below TEXT to this:

Code:
    ${color white}${font openlogos:size=80}${alignc}v${font}
    See what that does.

Hablaremos mañana
    Buenos noches.
    Bruce
    Hi Bruce.

I've changed that line and didn't notice any change. Conky stays the same way as before. Also change the fixed width font on System-Appearance to see if had some influence but nothing

Gracias de todas formas

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Crinos512 View Post

just a FYI.

CHIMO!
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilediesel View Post
    you can also use a semicolon ;
    echo '${goto 240}'$TOPLINE | sed 's/So/${color red}So${color}/g;s/Sa/${color orange}Sa${color}/g'

Of course, when you start using the semicolon to combine it all, debugging can be a bit more tricky.
    Hey, thanks guys, I obviously didn't write the script but I'll add the info at CH! (naming names too)

CHIMO! & Thanks.
    Bruce

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by EddieGal View Post
    Hi Bruce.

I've changed that line and didn't notice any change. Conky stays the same way as before. Also change the fixed width font on System-Appearance to see if had some influence but nothing

Gracias de todas formas
    I'll grab your script and play with it tomorrow.

De nada y que tengas un buen día
    Bruce

Page 1051 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 51551951100110411049105010511052105310611101115115512051 ... LastLast