Page 2257 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 125717572157220722472255225622572258225922672307 ... LastLast
Results 22,561 to 22,570 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

@ stinkeye

Well how about that ... ${Opinion ALERT} personally I think it's a wrong!${/Opinion ALERT}

I mean if someone lives in (example) Aspen CO --> Lat: 39.185°N Lon: 106.85°W Elev: 8112ft. What good does "Sea Level" do him/her?

"STATION PRESSURE:" should be used or at least an option - - as seen in the link you provided. Which wasn't in the link hollowman4 provided.

... you forget the last bit: Satisfaction brought it back!

Did you get the v9000 fix?

@ hollowman -

Just a thought, it's your conky ... but if you want a nice weather conky check out v9000 (full featured) weather or for something lighter, easier to configure - one of Teo's bash weather scripts:

1a) Accuweather_ConkyWeather_Font
    1b1) Accuweather - Images
    1b2) Accuweather - ConkyWeather font
    1c) Accuweather Hourly Forecast
    1d) Accuweather RSS
    2) WUnderground ICAL - International users
    3) NWS XML - USA users
    4) Weather.com conky script - all users
    5) Moon phases' script

Both links in my sig...

Here's Teo's # 4 and 5 combined (OK, I'm a weather nut ):

I have to move the weather image (sun/light cloud) up, level with the moon, and move the text down level with the sun/moon info for today.

Don't need to use the images or fonts with his scripts as seen in the top three line conky.

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    OK, I'm a weather nut ):
    I just ordered a secondary monitor and when it arrives, I intend to dedicate one desktop to being a "nut".

I hope the v9000 series plays well with Slackware.
    Windows assumes the user is an idiot.
    Linux demands proof.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

@ stinkeye

Well how about that ... ${Opinion ALERT} personally I think it's a wrong!${/Opinion ALERT}

I mean if someone lives in (example) Aspen CO --> Lat: 39.185°N Lon: 106.85°W Elev: 8112ft. What good does "Sea Level" do him/her?

"STATION PRESSURE:" should be used or at least an option - - as seen in the link you provided. Which wasn't in the link hollowman4 provided.

... you forget the last bit: Satisfaction brought it back!

Did you get the v9000 fix?
    I for one don't understand the importance of a specific reported number for pressure, isn't just the trend (rising or falling) which is important for any particular location (especially for home based meteorology)?

The only use of a specific number I can see is to track the movement of a front; a calibrated and standardized measurement could be used to compare baseline pressures at various locations and altitudes. For example, if you have two cities, one on top of a mountain and another in a neighboring valley, a standardized (sea level) measurement would be useful in determining when the front has passed from one city and reached the next.

As a side note, I guess an altimeter could theoretical be used to calculate pressure as a function of the altitude reading, so long as you know your true altitude and temperature (I assume altimeters are calibrated at sea level using some standard temperature at 14.1 PSI).
    Last edited by Petro Dawg; January 3rd, 2014 at 07:36 PM.
    Who's Awesome? You're Awesome.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Habitual View Post
    I just ordered a secondary monitor and when it arrives, I intend to dedicate one desktop to being a "nut".

I hope the v9000 series plays well with Slackware.
    If you can run LUA scripts in your conky and conky -v shows this ending:
    Code:
      * Lua

Lua bindings:
       * Cairo
       * Imlib2

03 Jan 14 | 15:42:28 ~
        $
    ... I doubt you'll have any problems at all.

However, a new monkey wrench, mrpeachy is working on what very well might be v9002 - using the wunderground api - you'll need to sign up for a key - it's free.

I use various "desktops" always a minimum of 4: SR-71 to SR-74
    SR-71: my general show the world my conkys ... show only on SR-71 (no sticky) other than: Email ( c/w Desktop - Currency Converter) - it's on all desktops (sticky)
    SR-72: personal conkys: birthday reminders - conky using remind for monthly things, etc. (no sticky)
    SR-73: empty, other than Email - it's a test area
    SR-74: my wife's desktop, time on the left, date on the right and "right now" in the middle. (no sticky)

... adding or subtracting desktops is a mouse click away with OpenBox.

where the heck at wunderground is this "api sign-up" mentioned at v9002 ?
    Yes, I have LUA and cairo bindings in my Conky 1.9.0
    Linux demands proof.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Petro Dawg View Post
    I for one don't understand the importance of a specific reported number for pressure, isn't just the trend (rising or falling) which is important for any particular location (especially for home based meteorology)?
    My wife's blood pressure is directly related to the barometric pressure ... it's important to her and her health.

If it's low ... like last week at 900 something, she gets dizzy and headaches.

It would be nice to have a "rising, falling or steady" in there. Any barometer I've owned had a "manual fixed" hand that you can set - set that hand to match the "pressure" hand a wait a while - you'll see if it's rising falling or steady. For me:

1015.92 ↑
    1015.92 ~
    1015.92 ↓

would be perfect!

The only use of a specific number I can see is to track the movement of a front; a calibrated and standardized measurement could be used to compare baseline pressures at various locations and altitudes. For example, if you have two cities, one on top of a mountain and another in a neighboring valley, a standardized (sea level) measurement would be useful in determining when the front has passed from one city and reached the next.
    But how many people put three cities in their conkys. Usually the "forecast" would be good enough for that - weathermen/women/persons lie anyway

It is possible though, I have a 4 city conky I made for a friend who wanted to know the weather where he is, and where various family members are.

As a side note, I guess an altimeter could theoretical be used to calculate pressure as a function of the altitude reading, so long as you know your true altitude and temperature (I assume altimeters are calibrated at sea level using some standard temperature at 14.1 PSI).
    This part doesn't fit for me: so long as you know your true altitude and temperature ... isn't the idea of going to a site to get the info of where you are, not 500, 800 or 1500 feat lower.

Conky weather is a rough "guesstimate" anyway, more often then not you are monitoring a site that is centerally located in the US/Europe or other location thousands of miles away and you have to trust their pick of stations.

I know that are a LOT of weather stations here in BsAs but most "sites" pick one of the two airports - one is outside the city - so usually cooler than here in the city and dryer. The other is right beside Rio de la Plata - and it's 60 miles wide at that point, therefore at lot of other factors come into play - 90% of the time as much as 5°C off . The TV says 24.5°C right now ... screen:

Depends on what site you goto what the weather is.

Like I said: guesstimates anyway!

Beans
    Hidden!

Not sure, they keep telling me that I have an account but won't let me sign in.

I'll keep at it.

Beans
    Hidden!

http://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/

I haz a key.

this v9002 have a "homepage" yet? files man, I need files!

Thanks.

If you need another email account for a new key, you have my email address
    Linux demands proof.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

My wife's blood pressure is directly related to the barometric pressure ... it's important to her and her health.

If it's low ... like last week at 900 something, she gets dizzy and headaches.
    I did not consider the value of pressure measurement outside of weather prediction, I can see now why you specifically would want the exact pressure where you are.

But how many people put three cities in their conkys. Usually the "forecast" would be good enough for that - weathermen/women/persons lie anyway
    I agree, that's kinda my point in thinking that any specific pressure reading is rather useless (except for the medical reasons you introduced above).

This part doesn't fit for me: so long as you know your true altitude and temperature ... isn't the idea of going to a site to get the info of where you are, not 500, 800 or 1500 feat lower.
    To clear up what I mean; for example, if you place an altimeter at an elevation of exactly 100 FT above sea level on a 60 degree Fahrenheit day but your altimeter reads an altitude of 105 FT (when it is actually at 100 FT), you would know are experiencing a LOW pressure event. If you knew how the altimeter was calibrated you could theoretically calculate the exact pressure at that 100 FT above sea level location.... I think... maybe... Just a theory.
    Last edited by Petro Dawg; January 4th, 2014 at 01:29 AM.
    Who's Awesome? You're Awesome.

Page 2257 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 125717572157220722472255225622572258225922672307 ... LastLast