Page 651 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 15155160164164965065165265366170175111511651 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,510 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Speck View Post
    I want to add something to my conky that shows whether or not there are updates available. Is this possible? I don't want the conky to show what updates are available, I just want it to end up looking something like this:

Code:
    Updates?       No
    Updates?      Yes
    I had a play with this stuff before now, I came up with the attached script. Unfortunately the python libraries used to get the status info also spit out messages when processing, so I set the script up to write to two files which can then be output in conky rather than outputting directly....which means the actual script needs running from outside of conky itself.

run the script from cron or your own repeating script using this:

Code:
    python /path/to/script/apt-upgrades.py
    then output in conky using:

Code:
    ${execi 600 cat /tmp/apt-upgrades-status.txt}
    If you want package details then also use:

Code:
    ${execi 600 cat /tmp/apt-upgrades-detail.txt}
    I am sure there are better ways so if this doesn't suit then ignore it
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thanks! I'll have to wait until I actually have updates to see if it works 100% correctly.

Here's how it looks alongside the rest of my conky setup:

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Speck View Post
    Thanks! I'll have to wait until I actually have updates to see if it works 100% correctly.
    I recall it working when I wrote it (6 months ago or more)...hopefully there will be no issues...no promises though

@pythoners If any one can figure out how to stop the console output for the apt libraries used I would appreciate it. The script could then output directly in conky rather than it being a 2 stage thing...

Beans

My latest with conky clock (thanks crinos and t-mo)
    and conky moon.
    screenshot_21.jpg

Beans

For checking updates a command is needed that needs password. A script may work, but I use the default gnome update manager to check every xx hours. In conky I then just do this line
    Code:
    ${color}APT: ${color}${execi 1800 aptitude search "~U" | wc -l | tail}${color} Updates Available
    For that, no password is required. See my post on page 646 (post 6457) for screenshot.

Beans

Redid my conky stats. If you don't have the LucidaMacBold font, expect to have to adjust a lot of voffset variables:

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2899/newstats.jpg

Code:
    own_window_title conkystats

use_xft yes
    xftfont LucidaMacBold:size=7
    override_utf8_locale yes
    xftalpha 1

update_interval 1
    draw_shades no
    default_shade_color ff0000
    draw_outline no
    default_outline_color 151515
    draw_borders no
    stippled_borders no
    border_margin 0
    border_width 1

no_buffers yes
    uppercase no
    double_buffer yes
    use_spacer none

default_color 303030
    color1 252525
    color2 080808
    color3 ffffff

own_window yes
    own_window_colour 280808 #121212
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_type dock
    own_window_hints undecorate,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager,below
    background yes
    alignment bottom_middle
    gap_x 0
    gap_y -37
    minimum_size 960 0

#${voffset 0}${goto 10}${color}72gb: ${voffset 1}${color3}${fs_bar 6,18 /} ${voffset -1}${color}${fs_used_perc /}% ${goto 90}75gb: ${voffset 1}${color3}${fs_bar 6,18 /media/windows_drive} ${voffset -1}${color}${fs_used_perc /media/windows_drive}%${goto 170}10gb: ${voffset 1}${color3}${fs_bar 6,18 /media/shared_drive} ${voffset -1}${color}${fs_used_perc /media/shared_drive}%${goto 245}|${goto 260}d: ${downspeed eth0}Kb/s${goto 310}${color2}(${totaldown eth0})${color}${goto 380}u: ${upspeed eth0}Kb/s ${goto 430}${color2}(${totalup eth0})${goto 495}${color FFAB7A}Internode  ${color}used:${goto 575}${execi 30 iheart8mil.sh}%${goto 605}${color2}(${execi 30 iheart8mil2.sh}MiB)${goto 665}${color}|${goto 675}cpu: ${voffset 1}${color3}${cpugraph 6,18} ${voffset -1}${color}${cpu}%${goto 750}ram: ${voffset 1}${color3}${membar 6,18} ${voffset -1}${color}${memperc}%${goto 825}swap: ${voffset 1}${color3}${swapbar 6,18} ${voffset -1}${color}${swapperc}%

TEXT
    ${voffset -5}${color2}${goto 0}${fs_bar 14,80 /fakelol/}${goto 100}${fs_bar 14,80 /fakelol/}${goto 200}${fs_bar 14,80 /fakelol/}${goto 340}${fs_bar 14,80 /fakelol/}${goto 440}${fs_bar 14,80 /fakelol/}${goto 540}${color1}${fs_bar 15,80 /fakelol/}${color2}${goto 680}${fs_bar 14,80 /fakelol/}${goto 780}${fs_bar 14,80 /fakelol/}${goto 880}${fs_bar 14,80 /fakelol/}
    ${voffset -24}${color1}${goto 0}${fs_bar 14,80 /}${goto 100}${fs_bar 14,80 /media/windows_drive}${goto 200}${fs_bar 14,80 /media/shared_drive}${goto 340}${downspeedgraph eth0 14,80}${goto 440}${upspeedgraph eth0 14,80}${goto 541}${voffset 6}${color2}${fs_bar 12,78 /fakelol/}${color1}${voffset -6}${goto 680}${cpugraph 14,80}${goto 780}${membar 14,80}${goto 880}${swapbar 14,80}
    ${voffset -9}${color3}${goto 15}72GiB: ${fs_used_perc /}%${goto 115}75GiB: ${fs_used_perc /media/windows_drive}%${goto 215}10GiB: ${fs_used_perc /media/shared_drive}%${goto 350}down: ${downspeed eth0}kB/s${goto 459}up: ${upspeed eth0}kB/s${goto 552}${color FFAB7A}Inode:${color3} ${execi 30 iheart8mil.sh}%${goto 699}CPU: ${cpu}%${goto 799}RAM: ${memperc}%${goto 900}swap: ${swapperc}%

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Thumbs down Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by dastasha View Post
    OK Crinos... I'm trying it this way.

I have two Conkies running in a folder - named Conky...
    Your shell script as supplied is also in this folder.
    When I call the script from the appropriate conky I get an error -

Code:
    sh: home/darren/Conky/conkytemplate.sh: not found
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the pathname?
    I guess the conky calling the rss feed is looking in the wrong place for the shell script either way.
    3 questions:
    - First, did you remember to make the conkytemplate.sh executable? (You can do this from your file manager by going into the file's properties and selecting the "file is executable check box.)
    - Second, what is the line that you have in your conkyrc that calls the conkytemplate.sh, please post it here.
    - Last, what you you get in return is you enter /home/darren/Conky/conkytemplate.sh into a command prompt?

I'm not sure I understand what I have to do / what you mean here.
    Perhaps this is where the error is coming from?
    by that I meant if you want this to be echoed:
    ${color 000000}

the line in the .sh should read
    echo "\${color 000000}"
    || Kubuntu x86_64 (15.10 Dev.) || KDE 4.9.00 ||
    || Dell Inspiron 570 || 8GB PC3-10600 DDR3 RAM || AMD Phenom II X4 820 @ 2.8Ghz ||
    || Logitech M570 Trackball || Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard ||
    Conky: ... no such configuration: 'normal'

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

3 questions:
    - First, did you remember to make the conkytemplate.sh executable? (You can do this from your file manager by going into the file's properties and selecting the "file is executable check box.)
    - Second, what is the line that you have in your conkyrc that calls the conkytemplate.sh, please post it here.
    - Last, what you you get in return is you enter /home/darren/Conky/conkytemplate.sh into a command prompt?
    1. Definitely is executable - I just checked.
    2. Bingo... I omitted the forward slash at the start of the file path... I am such a noob.

This has changed what is displayed where my surf report should be.
    Now I can see I will have to change text/font colour and size... in larger black text I have the top half of the characters EDDDDDDDDDDF displayed.

3. Now, because you asked me, when I enter /home/darren/Conky/conkytemplate.sh at a command prompt I get:
    Code:
    ${font conkybackgroundfi:size=13.5}${color black}${goto 0}EDDDDDDDDDDF${goto 0}EDDDDDDDDDDF${goto 0}EDDDDDDDDDDF${goto 0}EDDDDDDDDDDF${goto 0}EDDDDDDDDDDF                                                  
    ${voffset -2}${goto 0}DDDDDDDDDDDD${goto 0}DDDDDDDDDDDD${goto 0}DDDDDDDDDDDD${goto 0}DDDDDDDDDDDD${goto 0}DDDDDDDDDDDD                  
    ${voffset -2}${goto 0}DDDDDDDDDDDD${goto 0}DDDDDDDDDDDD${goto 0}DDDDDDDDDDDD${goto 0}DDDDDDDDDDDD${goto 0}DDDDDDDDDDDD                  
    ${voffset -2}${goto 0}GDDDDDDDDDDC${goto 0}GDDDDDDDDDDC${goto 0}GDDDDDDDDDDC${goto 0}GDDDDDDDDDDC${goto 0}GDDDDDDDDDDC${font}${color}
    ${voffset -860}
    As far as I can see, the quotes and backslashes are in the correct places in the .sh file.
    I just copy n pasted from the script in your post.

I will play with the font size and colour and see what changes...

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by stinkeye View Post
    My latest with conky clock (thanks crinos and t-mo)
    and conky moon.
    WOW! Now that is some nice piece of work.

That moon sitting on your desktop is perfection!

Would never work for me though, as much as I like your wallpaper, my wife likes to change them - sometimes twice a day.

But the idea is brilliant!

Have a nice day!
    Bruce

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Crinos512 View Post
    Mwahahahaha.... done one better on the background template.
    Why you little devil you!

That's neat stuff ... Of course you know I just gotta play with that!

CHIMO!
    Bruce

Page 651 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 15155160164164965065165265366170175111511651 ... LastLast