Page 650 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 15055060064064864965065165266070075011501650 ... LastLast
Results 6,491 to 6,500 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
    Before you do that, consider how you want your conky to flow within your desktop.

No offense to a lot of guys here, but I see a whole bunch of conkies that look all right, but aren't entirely useful given that they just sit behind a browser window. If that's what you're aiming for, more power to ya and it means you can go buck wild and make a monstrous dang conky. Me, though, I needed one I can keep an eye on even with a maximized browser window.
    I often use Twinview so there is usually some space left for the conky. Besides of this I can hit Ctrl+Alt+[left] until I have a empty Desktop. Or click the Icon "Show Desktop".

For me, this is useful. I used screenlets and desklets before (I stopped to use compiz because it works bad with one of my favorite programs) so nothing changed for me. And I don't really need to control anything continuously, if I am honest.... Conky is just FUN!

This is the great thing about conky and Linux in general. Have it your own way!!
    HP Pavillon dv7 1270ez | Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT | 8.10 Intrepid | 9.04 Jaunty Studio x86_64
    I äm sörry for mei englisch..

Beans
    Distro

Or like last Sunday when I spent the entire day barbecuing and drinking in preparation for watching Wrestlemania at a friend's place.
    Ooooh, no good wrestling in Europe at all... I am looking forward to visit my friends in the U.S soon. Friends with a huge TV and a huge fridge
    Wow, is that you? I found my limit at 58kg Respect!

[note to myself: don't mess with SomeGuyDude]
    Last edited by t-mo_; April 11th, 2009 at 10:21 PM.
    HP Pavillon dv7 1270ez | Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT | 8.10 Intrepid | 9.04 Jaunty Studio x86_64

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by t-mo_ View Post
    Ooooh, no good wrestling in Europe at all... I am looking forward to visit my friends in the U.S soon. Friends with a huge TV and a huge fridge
    Haha, it's all theatre, but it's fun to get drunk and watch, y'know? Plus I've been a fan since I was 5 in the heyday with Hogan and Andre the Giant. No reason to give up now.

Wow, is that you? I found my limit at 58kg Respect!

[note to myself: don't mess with SomeGuyDude]
    Yup, thas me. Best I've gotten on the bench is 175kg, but I also weighed about 108kg at the time. Down to ~98 or so now.
    Want me to punchisize your face, For free??

Beans
    Distro

Haha, it's all theatre, but it's fun to get drunk and watch, y'know?
    Yes, this is exactly how I use to watch things like wrestling.

Plus I've been a fan since I was 5 in the heyday with Hogan and Andre the Giant. No reason to give up now.
    At this time they showed wrestling on cable TV in Switzerland. No idea why they canceled it few years ago...

But there is something pretty similar: videos from the Italian Parliament More violent than a cage fight without boxing gloves

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M. View Post
    Simple - text buffer is not big enough:

Increase it with:

Above TEXT:
    Code:
    text_buffer_size 512 # large buffer needed
    Have a nice day.
    Bruce
    Thanks Bruce.
    My text buffer size is set at 1024 - I doubled it - and it made no difference.

However I did discover that the text from the feed prints out off the edge of the window. I doubled the width of the window to discover this, I saw more of the feed.
    What I need to do is somehow wrap the text from the feed to be displayed in the window width. I've tried a few different things, nothing's worked. I'm really just taking stabs in the dark.

How can I make the text wrap from my rss feed?

Beans

Check post 13 on this page; seems little complicated.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by dastasha View Post
    Thanks Bruce.
    You're welcome... I think.

Quote Originally Posted by dastasha View Post
    How can I make the text wrap from my rss feed?
    AhHa! The old word wrap trick. I see you have an answer. There is another I've seen a while back ... but that could be 50 or 60 pages by now.

Good luck.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Thumbs down Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Mwahahahaha.... done one better on the background template.

create a file "conkytemplate.sh", make it executable.... then call it from the top of your conky. The conkytemplate.sh basically echoes all the lines to conky.
    (Make sure all the "$" characters are echoed as "\$" or the sh won't work correctly.)
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    # conkytemplate.sh
    # by Crinos512
    # Usage:
    #  ${execp ~/.conky/conkyparts/conkytemplate.sh}
    #
    echo "\${font conkybackgroundfi:size=13.5}\${color black}\${goto 0}EDDDDDDDDDDF\${goto 0}EDDDDDDDDDDF\${goto 0}EDDDDDDDDDDF\${goto 0}EDDDDDDDDDDF\${goto 0}EDDDDDDDDDDF"
    for i in {1..26}
    do
       echo "\${voffset -2}\${goto 0}DDDDDDDDDDDD\${goto 0}DDDDDDDDDDDD\${goto 0}DDDDDDDDDDDD\${goto 0}DDDDDDDDDDDD\${goto 0}DDDDDDDDDDDD"
    done
    echo "\${voffset -2}\${goto 0}GDDDDDDDDDDC\${goto 0}GDDDDDDDDDDC\${goto 0}GDDDDDDDDDDC\${goto 0}GDDDDDDDDDDC\${goto 0}GDDDDDDDDDDC\${font}\${color}"
    echo "\${voffset -860}"

exit 0
    (Note: the for loop saves space and makes the file smaller.)

I'm trying to create a completely modular conkyrc now, where the actual conkyrc only consists of execp calls. Then you will be able to make changes to the conkyparts and save, and the changes will be automatically displayed without ever restarting conky!
    (I wish you could nest execp calls )
    Last edited by Crinos512; April 12th, 2009 at 05:46 AM.
    || Kubuntu x86_64 (15.10 Dev.) || KDE 4.9.00 ||
    || Dell Inspiron 570 || 8GB PC3-10600 DDR3 RAM || AMD Phenom II X4 820 @ 2.8Ghz ||
    || Logitech M570 Trackball || Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard ||
    Conky: ... no such configuration: 'normal'

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I want to add something to my conky that shows whether or not there are updates available. Is this possible? I don't want the conky to show what updates are available, I just want it to end up looking something like this:

Code:
    Updates?       No
    Updates?      Yes

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Mwahahahaha.... done one better on the background template.
    OK Crinos... I'm trying it this way.

I have two Conkies running in a folder - named Conky...
    Your shell script as supplied is also in this folder.
    When I call the script from the appropriate conky I get an error -

Code:
    sh: home/darren/Conky/conkytemplate.sh: not found
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the pathname?
    I guess the conky calling the rss feed is looking in the wrong place for the shell script either way.

(Make sure all the "$" characters are echoed as "\$" or the sh won't work correctly.)
    I'm not sure I understand what I have to do / what you mean here.
    Perhaps this is where the error is coming from?

Page 650 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 15055060064064864965065165266070075011501650 ... LastLast