Page 649 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 14954959963964764864965065165969974911491649 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,490 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by dastasha View Post
    Could someone please explain to me why this rss feed is being cut off after the first line or two?
    Simple - text buffer is not big enough:

Increase it with:

text_buffer_size ... Size of the standard text buffer (default is 128 bytes). This buffer is used for intermediary text, such as individual lines, output from $exec vars, and various other variables. Increasing the size of this buffer can drastically reduce Conky's performance, but will allow for more text display per variable. The size of this buffer cannot be smaller than the default value of 128 bytes.
    Above TEXT:
    Code:
    text_buffer_size 512 # large buffer needed
    Have a nice day.
    Bruce

Beans

Hey there everyone, first post on the Ubuntu forums here! I'm a long time Windows user(Yes, I still like it.) but recently I have switched completely over to Intrepid Ibex 8.10. Conky was the first thing I wanted to do, because honestly it just looks kicka**. I found two that I loved, and decided to kind of mesh them together. I have taken parts out and added parts in and such, but almost all credit should go to the creators. I do not know who or what page I found them on this thread, but speak up and I'll edit you in. Thanks! (Oh, I'm only 15. Sorry if it looks like crap, the actuall script and all. I'm only a kid!)

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8918/screenshot5l.png

Higher res^^^(Sorry for the first image, waayyyy tooo big. I thought It resized, eh..)

Code:
    #
    # Conky configuration file
    #

#
    # Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
    #
    own_window yes
    own_window_type override
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
    background yes

#
    # Use double buffering (reduces flicker, usually)
    #
    double_buffer yes

#
    # fiddle with window
    #
    use_xft yes
    use_spacer yes

#
    # update interval in seconds
    #
    update_interval 1.0

#
    # Size of text area
    #
    minimum_size 220 5
    maximum_width 220

#
    # Draw shades ?
    #
    draw_shades yes

#
    # Borders and Outlines
    #
    draw_borders no
    draw_graph_borders no
    draw_outline no

#
    # Fonts
    #
    font Zekton:size=7
    xftfont Terminus:size=8
    xftalpha 0.1
    override_utf8_locale yes
    uppercase no

#
    # Colors
    #
    default_color white
    default_shade_color black
    default_outline_color black

#
    # Window aligment
    #
    alignment bottom_right
    gap_x 2
    gap_y 30

#
    # Cpu stuff
    #
    cpu_avg_samples 2

#
    # Ram stuff
    #
    no_buffers yes

#
    # Run forever?
    #
    total_run_times 0

TEXT
    ${font Radio Space:size=30}${alignc}${color Gray}ANDREW
    ${voffset -20}${color Gray}$hr
    ${voffset -20}${font Radio Space:size=14}${alignc}${color Gray}${time %A}
    ${font Radio Space:size=14}${alignc}${color Gray}${time %B %d %Y}
    ${font Radio Space:size=55}${alignc}${color Gray}${time %H:%M}
    ${voffset -20}${color Gray}$hr

${font Zekton:size=8}
    SYSTEM ${hr 1 }

Kernel: $alignr$kernel
    Uptime: $alignr$uptime
    Processes: ${alignr}$processes ($running_processes running)
    Load: ${alignr}$loadavg

CORE SYSTEM ${hr 1}

GPU ${alignr} C: 540 MHz M: 700MHz / ${execi 30 nvidia-settings -query GPUCoreTemp | perl -ne 'print $1 if /GPUCoreTemp.*?: (\d+)./;'}°C

CPU ${alignc} ${freq}MHz / 2200MHz  ${execi 30 /usr/bin/sensors | grep [+] | cut -d"+" -f2}  ${alignr}(${cpu cpu1}%)
    ${cpubar 4 cpu1}
    RAM ${alignr}$mem / $memmax ($memperc%)
    ${membar 4}

FILESYSTEM ${hr 1}${color}

Root: ${alignr}${fs_free /} / ${fs_size /}
    ${fs_bar 4 /}

TO DO LIST ${hr 1}${color}
    ${alignr}Figure out how to make Conky badass
    ${alignr}Make Alex a sammich
    ${alignr}Get life together
    Again, its my first time coding any sort of thing... ever. It's not even coding really, script. So go easy. It works.
    Last edited by GTX1; April 11th, 2009 at 07:15 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Little tough to read in that lower corner, but then I'm colorblind.
    Want me to punchisize your face, For free??

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by GTX1 View Post
    Hey there everyone, first post on the Ubuntu forums here! I'm a long time Windows user(Yes, I still like it.) but recently I have switched completely over to Intrepid Ibex 8.10. Conky was the first thing I wanted to do, because honestly it just looks kicka**. I found two that I loved, and decided to kind of mesh them together. I have taken parts out and added parts in and such, but almost all credit should go to the creators. I do not know who or what page I found them on this thread, but speak up and I'll edit you in. Thanks! (Oh, I'm only 15. Sorry if it looks like crap, the actuall script and all. I'm only a kid!)
    Hi Andrew, welcome to Ubuntu and conky

Me too! Just a kid, but a very old kid.

But go back to imageshack and get the proper code to show images in forums, with a thumbnail.

And just so you know, your first post and first conky are a heck of a lot better then mine was. It tooke me a LOT of posts to get one working.

So kudos to you!

Again, its my first time coding any sort of thing... ever. It's not even coding really, script. So go easy. It works.

You'll be back, they always come back... it's addictive.

Have a nice day.
    Bruce

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M. View Post
    Hi Andrew, welcome to Ubuntu and conky

Me too! Just a kid, but a very old kid.

But go back to imageshack and get the proper code to show images in forums, with a thumbnail.

And just so you know, your first post and first conky are a heck of a lot better then mine was. It tooke me a LOT of posts to get one working.

So kudos to you!

You'll be back, they always come back... it's addictive.

Have a nice day.
    Bruce
    Normally on forums I get some guy yelling at me for something on my first post. Glad to see it's different here! I originally signed up here only for help with conky. Generally I'll just look through all of the scripts and see how things effect certain things, what to put where.. I've learned a lot by only doing that. I felt I should kind of chime in and get some criticism. Thanks for the warm welcome!
    Last edited by GTX1; April 11th, 2009 at 08:52 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Normally on forums I get some guy yelling at me for something on my first post. Glad to see it's different here! I originally signed up here only for help with conky. Generally I'll just look through all of the scripts and see how things to certain things, what to put where.. I've learned a lot by only doing that. I felt I should kind of chime in and get some criticism. Thanks for the warm welcome!
    When I was at your age I knew half-way how to play "Shuffle Puck" on a mac...
    HP Pavillon dv7 1270ez | Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT | 8.10 Intrepid | 9.04 Jaunty Studio x86_64
    I äm sörry for mei englisch..

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by t-mo_ View Post
    When I was at your age I knew half-way how to play "Shuffle Puck" on a mac...
    Lmao! Well I'm a little more advanced then that I suppose. Overlclocking GPU's, upgrading computer parts and such. Me and my dad hacked our original Xbox's and such to run a simple linux set up. The sad part is, I'm not even that much of a nerd. I play 7 sports and all that. I do this in pass time. ANYWAYS! Later today I'm going to try and get Weather in my conky set-up. Just need to get those fonts installed...

Beans
    Hidden!

Lmao! Well I'm a little more advanced then that I suppose. Overlclocking GPU's, upgrading computer parts and such. Me and my dad hacked our original Xbox's and such to run a simple linux set up. The sad part is, I'm not even that much of a nerd. I play 7 sports and all that. I do this in pass time. ANYWAYS! Later today I'm going to try and get Weather in my conky set-up. Just need to get those fonts installed...
    Before you do that, consider how you want your conky to flow within your desktop.

No offense to a lot of guys here, but I see a whole bunch of conkies that look all right, but aren't entirely useful given that they just sit behind a browser window. If that's what you're aiming for, more power to ya and it means you can go buck wild and make a monstrous dang conky. Me, though, I needed one I can keep an eye on even with a maximized browser window.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

The sad part is, I'm not even that much of a nerd. I play 7 sports and all that. I do this in pass time.
    There is nothing sad about not being "that much of a nerd" I always prefer "riding my bicycle" to "sitting in front of the computer". But you know, at my age....

This was me riding my bicycle (I am the one doing BF's and 360's. This was one month before I broke my spine.....)

See, I am still a kid, too
    HP Pavillon dv7 1270ez | Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT | 8.10 Intrepid | 9.04 Jaunty Studio x86_64
    I äm sörry for mei englisch..

Beans
    Hidden!

Hahahaa, that's pretty excellent t-mo.

I'd say I'm kind of a geek because I enjoy things like tinkering with Linux, but to be honest more of my time is spent doing other stuff (powerlifting, for example). Or like last Sunday when I spent the entire day barbecuing and drinking in preparation for watching Wrestlemania at a friend's place.

I'd be willing to bet a lot of people here are less of a "nerd" than you'd imagine.

Page 649 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 14954959963964764864965065165969974911491649 ... LastLast