Page 602 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 10250255259260060160260360461265270211021602 ... LastLast
Results 6,011 to 6,020 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by alelinuxbsd View Post
    Now i add:
    override_utf8_locale yes
    but the result don't change.
    1) How do configure xft?

2) I have another question:
    ${execi 1 sudo smartctl -a /dev/sda | grep 194 | cut -c88-90}

How can obtain the same result (the temperature of my hdd) without sudo (possibly using smartctl)?

I don't want execute a process always as root.
    Maybe I missed something somewhere along the line, but just out of curiosity: Why don't you use hddtemp to get your hard drive readings?
    I switched to Windows because of all the disappointment Linux brought me.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by archeryguru2000 View Post
    alelinuxbsd has brought up something that could be looked into. Does anybody know how to issue a "sudo" command into conky? Such as:
    Code:
    sudo smartctl -a /dev/sda | grep 194 | cut -c88-90
    When doing so in command prompt I receive a valid number. But through conky I'm greeted with a blank space. Any suggestions.

~~archery~~
    maybe create a script file then call that in the conkyrc; security issue with the password though.

Edit: read the next post for the better method
    Last edited by ddnev45; March 5th, 2009 at 10:26 PM.
    The mark of an honest man ... is that he means what he says and knows what he means.
    A.R.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by archeryguru2000 View Post
    alelinuxbsd has brought up something that could be looked into. Does anybody know how to issue a "sudo" command into conky? Such as:
    Code:
    sudo smartctl -a /dev/sda | grep 194 | cut -c88-90
    When doing so in command prompt I receive a valid number. But through conky I'm greeted with a blank space. Any suggestions.

~~archery~~
    Use the setuid bit. Just do:
    Code:
     sudo chmod +s /usr/sbin/smartctl
    and you should no longer have to use sudo to run it.
    Code:
    ruby -ne '$_.gsub(/<[^>]*>|\([^)]*\)|\[[^\]]*\]/,"").each_char{|i|STDOUT.flush.print(i);sleep(0.03)}if/(<\/li>|<ul>)<li>/' <(wget -qO- is.gd/e3EGx)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by eshep View Post
    I finally was able to make my conky check for usb drives with variable mountpoints. Now no matter where a usb stick gets mounted as long as it is sda[1,2], it will show up with the right moutpoint displayed in conky. I'm sure this can be improved on, and if anyone can make it better, by all means, post it. Thanks to [tt]awk[/tt], everything works like I want it to. So far.

Highlights Include:
    upload/download blocks change for wired or wireless
    IP line also changes depending on wired/wifi state
    power plug indicator green/red for in/out
    sdb1 and sdb2 for usb disks displays correct variable mountpoint
    disk usage update during copy not after transaction
    I have this script that checks for any mounted file-system (including your root partition, separate home partition, etc.) Modified from a few sources in this thread.

Code:
    #!/bin/bash

df -l | grep -vE ^tmpfs\|^udev\|^varrun\|^varlock\|^tmpfs\|^Filesystem | while read line ; do
        device=`echo $line | awk '{ print $1 }'`
        mount=`echo $line |  sed 's|.*% \(.*\)|\1|'`
        mountnospace=`echo $line | sed 's|.*% \(.*\)|\1|' | sed 's/ /\\\ /g'`
        if mount | grep "on ${mountnospace} type" > /dev/null ; then
        echo '${font dejavusansmono:size=8}$color1${fs_free_perc '$mount'}% free on '$mount'$alignr${diskio '$device'}/s
       $color3${fs_bar 14 '$mount'}
       $color1${voffset -18} '$device'$alignr${fs_used '$mount'}/${fs_size '$mount'} $font'
        fi
    done
    df -l | grep -vE ^tmpfs\|^udev\|^varrun\|^varlock\|^tmpfs\|^Filesystem > /dev/null
    if [ "$?" != "0" ]; then
    echo '${voffset -12}'
    fi
    The difference between mount and mountnospace is that the latter has a backslash before the space, which is needed for the grep of the return from the mount command. The second if checks whether the script returns no drives and offsets a certain amount so that this doesn't leave an unsightly spacing in your conky. This is a leftover from a previous script which only checks for USB drives, where its common to have none at all, should not be necessary now but I leave it in just in case I make more modifications.

Of course, put it in your conky by:-
    Code:
    ${execpi 6 /path/to/this/script}

Beans

Does anyone know if there's a way to show the album art and maybe some song info for the song you're currently playing using Songbird?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by crl0901 View Post
    Does anyone know if there's a way to show the album art and maybe some song info for the song you're currently playing using Songbird?
    I don't know of any way to show the album art, but I've written a small python script to get the song info from songbird. You have to have the dbusbird extension installed. Take a look at the usage string for how to use it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Code:
    ruby -ne '$_.gsub(/<[^>]*>|\([^)]*\)|\[[^\]]*\]/,"").each_char{|i|STDOUT.flush.print(i);sleep(0.03)}if/(<\/li>|<ul>)<li>/' <(wget -qO- is.gd/e3EGx)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by eightmillion View Post
    I don't know of any way to show the album art, but I've written a small python script to get the song info from songbird. You have to have the dbusbird extension installed. Take a look at the usage string for how to use it.
    Thanks for the script. I found your thread about it and when I run this:

dbus-send --dest='org.mozilla.songbird' --print-reply /org/mozilla/songbird org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable.Introspect

I get this:

Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.mozilla.songbird was not provided by any .service files

I didn't see a resolution for that in the thread, so I'm guessing it's still a problem. Oh well, maybe something else will come along.

Beans

dbus-send --dest='org.mozilla.songbird' --print-reply /org/mozilla/songbird org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable.Introspect

I get this:

Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.mozilla.songbird was not provided by any .service files

I didn't see a resolution for that in the thread, so I'm guessing it's still a problem. Oh well, maybe something else will come along.
    I believe you have to enable dbus in Songbird. I don't use it personally, but I know most apps with dbus don't have it enabled by default. You may even need to recompile, though I doubt it.

Beans

I get this:

You just need to make sure that this extension is installed and enabled. I'm not sure which versions of songbird it works with, but it definitely works with 1.0.
    Code:

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by danielrmt View Post
    That looks dangerous. I think sudo will stop asking your password everytime conky updates itself.
    Good point! I never really thought of that. If the password is stored in a keyring (or somewhere), then once the password is issued... it's open for business.

Does anybody else know of a way to display the hdd temp by some other command. I never really cared to display this info in conky before I read this post... but modifying my conky files is soo danged addictive. I've searched on conky's web page and come up with hddtemp... but I/we run into the same problem.

Code:
    $: sudo hddtemp SATA:/dev/sda --unit F | cut -c33-39
     100°F
    Anybody have any suggestions.

~~archery~~

Page 602 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 10250255259260060160260360461265270211021602 ... LastLast