Page 573 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 7347352356357157257357457558362367310731573 ... LastLast
Results 5,721 to 5,730 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenblob View Post
    Here's mine:
    Two things,
    1. With a name like that you need to find a green TUX, not a blue one.
    2. Where did you get that wallpaper? I want one.

Tux in green:

I kinda like that last one.

Thanks in advance.
    Have a nice day.
    Bruce

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M. View Post
    Two things,
    [LIST=1][*]Where did you get that wallpaper? I want one.
    "The Giant"

http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper_b...ny/index2.html
    The mark of an honest man ... is that he means what he says and knows what he means.
    A.R.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by ddnev45 View Post
    2. Where did you get that wallpaper? I want one.
    Yeah, he's right, but here's a direct link in case the wallpapers on that page change: http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper_b...the_giant.html

1. With a name like that you need to find a green TUX, not a blue one.
    lol, thanks, but I think I'll stick with my frozen blue tux.
    Desktop | Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz | 320GB + 640GB HDD | 4GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
    Dell Mini 9 | Intel Atom N270 @ 1.6GHz | 16GB SSD + 16GB SD Card | 2GB RAM | 1.3MP Cam + Bluetooth | Intel GMA 950

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Fellow conkerers, conkystadors, and conk-o-holics!

I'm wondering if I could somehow pipe a "fold" command (say, "fold -sw40") to the "mpd_smart" line in the following:

Code:
    # stuff after 'TEXT' will be formatted on screen
    TEXT
    ${if_running mpd}${color FC8820}Music Player Daemon: $color
    ${font Powderfinger Type:size=7}${mpd_smart}${color FC8820}$font
    $mpd_status $mpd_elapsed/$mpd_length
    $endif
    In the screenshot, if you compare the small "conkympd" window with the Tilda terminal's NCMPC output you can see that the "mpd_smart" line of the "conkympd" window has the long artist name cut short... (while NCMPC has it nicely scrolling in the bottom, by the way — but that's another story).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I never use smilies, but there are exceptions that prove the rule [Hey, how do I disable showing colon & parenthesis as an emoticon in my signature?]
    Now playing: Last.fm

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by ddnev45 View Post
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenblob View Post
    Yeah, he's right, but here's a direct link in case the wallpapers on that page change: http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper_b...the_giant.html

lol, thanks, but I think I'll stick with my frozen blue tux.
    Thank you...
    Ahhhhhhh, I just noticed, Michigan - winter - Yea, you're frozen.
    Good choice!

Have a nice day.
    Bruce

Beans

anyone figured a way to have conky post a tomboy note? or something like it?
    thanka.

b.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Crinos - glad to hear the DSL news! Hope it works out well for you.
    Here's a couple of fun questions for all the "conkystadors" (I liked that one):

1) I love my script I wrote to detect and output mounted devices, but I'd like to improve it. Namely, it currently outputs in reverse of the order I would prefer, because it's an iterating loop counting DOWN lines from a file. Is there a way I could take the entire output and sort it without having it output to yet ANOTHER file before it goes to conky?

2)This is not really conky related per se, but what the heck. I have a terminal embedded in my desktop. I have it starting via sessions, has a specific title and is embedded via rules in compiz. Anybody know how to a)turn off the cursor at start (right now I type setterm -cursor off everytime it opens), and b)make it immune to the Show Desktop command? It's already set non-minimizable but that doesn't block show desktop. Something similar to conky's lovely own_window_type override ?

3)Not a question, but a statement: I LOVE THIS THREAD.

Related: (the mounts script)
    Code:
    #! /bin/sh
    #***ATTENTION***
    #THIS PACKAGE SHOULD CONTAIN 4 FILES: .conkymounts .conkmtab README LICENSE
    #IF IT DOES NOT, PLEASE DELETE IT AND SEARCH FOR A FULL PACKAGE.
    #PLEASE DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE ANYTHING LESS THAN THE FULL PACKAGE

# This is a script to get mounted devices and output them to conky for displaying free space information. It relies on the file .conkmtab which consists of exclusion words one per line, which sould have been packaged with this file. Please pardon any non-streamlined code, this is my first shell script. Please see the README for details. This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/us/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California, 94105, USA. Originally By Wyn D'Willows 

#First we get currently mounted volumes, strip system mounts such as proc from it, and cut unnecessary information from it and save it to the .conkymtabs file. Exclusion words are pulled from .conkmtab
    `grep -v -F -f .conkmtab /etc/mtab | cut -d" " -f1,2 > ~/.conkymtabs`
    #Now we check to make sure the file .conkymtabs actually exists, then set the conklines variable to the number of lines in the file
    if [ -s ".conkymtabs" ]; then
    	conklines=`wc -l .conkymtabs | cut -d" " -f1`
    #Here we check to make sure the conklines variable is set and then pass it to the count variable, otherwise default count to 1 - this is just for debugging
    	if [ -n "$conklines" ]; then
    		count=$conklines
    	else count=1
    	fi
    #If for some reason the opening lines did not execute properly, we want to let the user know what happened
    else echo '${alignc}-Mount Points Not Loaded-'
    fi
    #Setting up the loop to run until no lines are left of the .conkymtabs file
    while [ $count -gt 0 ]
    #Here we set themount variable to the actual mount point for the line of .conkymtabs we are processing, and on the next line we pass the mount point to the conky code to be parsed and displayed, then we subtract one from the count and start over at while
    do
    themount=`sed -n "$count p" .conkymtabs | cut -d" " -f2`
    echo $themount '${goto 160}${fs_used '$themount'} ${alignr}${fs_size '$themount'}'
    count=`expr $count - 1`
    done

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by brerbridge View Post
    thanka.

b.
    I have created a tomboy plugin for my app, it could be converted for use in conky quite easily if any one wants to try...

See sig for link to said app...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by brerbridge View Post
    thanka.

b.
    It's definitely possible. It just depends on what exactly you want to do. Here's 9 lines of python that prints the last 5 notes.

Code:
    #!/usr/bin/env python
    import dbus, os
    if not os.popen('pgrep tomboy').read(): exit()
    bus = dbus.SessionBus()
    boy = bus.get_object('org.gnome.Tomboy','/org/gnome/Tomboy/RemoteControl')
    notes = boy.ListAllNotes()
    for i in notes[-5:]:
       print boy.GetNoteContents(i) + '\n'
    Code:
    ruby -ne '$_.gsub(/<[^>]*>|\([^)]*\)|\[[^\]]*\]/,"").each_char{|i|STDOUT.flush.print(i);sleep(0.03)}if/(<\/li>|<ul>)<li>/' <(wget -qO- is.gd/e3EGx)

Beans

hmm.. yes. sounds good, think i'll have to play with this tomorrow. thanks for the good work, again, kaivalagi.

b.

Page 573 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 7347352356357157257357457558362367310731573 ... LastLast