Page 452 of 2293 FirstFirst ... 3524024424504514524534544625025529521452 ... LastLast
Results 4,511 to 4,520 of 22925

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshere View Post
    ok i had a look at the conkyrc info site and can any one tell me why or if conkyrc is any better than screenlets ?
    I am attaching his/her screenshot..

I am pretty sure you can list everything in a conky* that you are using screenlets for, without the higher use of CPU and Memory.

*Except the Ubuntu logo at the very top of your screenlets. And the darkened background that looks like the Vista sidebar.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Your router is like your gatekeeper, and you are a ****** lord if you don't know your castle gates are open." -zarquad

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by slinkey1981 View Post

I am pretty sure you can list everything in a conky* that you are using screenlets for, without the higher use of CPU and Memory.

*Except the Ubuntu logo at the very top of your screenlets. And the darkened background that looks like the Vista sidebar.
    technically everything that is in that screen shot can be done in conky
    just would take a fair amount of tweaking and custom wallpaper
    hippyrandall.com | This is the first age that's paid much attention to the future, which is alittle ironic since we may not have one. -- Arthur Clarke

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Great thanks for the info guys .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by slinkey1981 View Post

Did you modify your wallpaper to add that darker section on the right behind the conky? I sure wish I could change the transparency setting on conky, because I have some fun wallpapers that render it fairly illegible.
    Desktop: Quantal on Core2 Duo E8500/Asus P5Q
    Laptop: Precise on S76 Pangolin

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
    Did you modify your wallpaper to add that darker section on the right behind the conky? I sure wish I could change the transparency setting on conky, because I have some fun wallpapers that render it fairly illegible.
    You can do that effect by using the
    Code:
    own_window_colour 000000
    You can set a transparency level for the conky in compiz settings.

*you have to use
    Code:
    own_window_transparent no
    I have a strong hatred of KDE

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

ok new conky setup for me. I have conky set to my widget layer in compiz so I figured I might as well make use of the whole screen. This is one conky with 5 template files.

.conkyfull

Code:
    # set to yes if you want Conky to be forked in the background
    background no

cpu_avg_samples 2
    net_avg_samples 2

out_to_console no

# X font when Xft is disabled, you can pick one with program xfontsel
    #font 7x12
    #font 6x10
    #font 7x13
    #font 8x13
    #font 7x12
    #font *mintsmild.se*
    #font -*-*-*-*-*-*-34-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
    #font -artwiz-snap-normal-r-normal-*-*-100-*-*-p-*-iso8859-1

# Use Xft?

use_xft yes

# Xft font when Xft is enabled

#DejaVu Sans Mono:size=9
    xftfont LiberationMono:size=10

# Text alpha when using Xft

xftalpha 0.8

#on_bottom yes

# mail spool

#mail_spool $MAIL

# Update interval in seconds
    update_interval 2

# Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
    own_window yes
    own_window_hints undecorated,sticky,below,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
    own_window_type normal
    own_window_transparent yes
    #own_window_colour black

# Use double buffering (reduces flicker, may not work for everyone)
    double_buffer yes

# Minimum size of text area
    #minimum_size 300 300
    #maximum_width 303

# Draw shades?
    draw_shades no

# Draw outlines?
    draw_outline no

# Draw borders around text
    draw_borders no

# Stippled borders?

stippled_borders no

# border margins

border_margin 3

# border width

border_width 3

# Default colors and also border colors

default_color white
    default_shade_color black
    default_outline_color white

# Text alignment, other possible values are commented
    minimum_size 1270 800

alignment top_left
    #alignment top_middle
    #alignment bottom_left
    #alignment bottom_right
    #alignment bottom_middle
    # Gap between borders of screen and text

gap_x 5
    gap_y 5

# Add spaces to keep things from moving about?  This only affects certain objects.
    use_spacer left

# Subtract file system buffers from used memory?
    no_buffers yes

# set to yes if you want all text to be in uppercase
    uppercase no

# none, xmms, bmp, audacious, infopipe (default is none)
    #xmms_player bmp

# boinc (seti) dir
    # seti_dir /opt/seti

text_buffer_size 4096 # use 1024 for the forecast

# Possible variables to be used:
    #
    #      Variable         Arguments                  Description                
    #  acpiacadapter                     ACPI ac adapter state.                   
    #  acpifan                           ACPI fan state                           
    #  acpitemp                          ACPI temperature.                        
    #  adt746xcpu                        CPU temperature from therm_adt746x       
    #  adt746xfan                        Fan speed from therm_adt746x             
    #  battery           (num)           Remaining capasity in ACPI or APM        
    #                                    battery. ACPI battery number can be      
    #                                    given as argument (default is BAT0).     
    #  buffers                           Amount of memory buffered                
    #  cached                            Amount of memory cached                  
    #  color             (color)         Change drawing color to color            
    #  cpu                               CPU usage in percents                    
    #  cpubar            (height)        Bar that shows CPU usage, height is      
    #                                    bar's height in pixels                   
    #  downspeed         net             Download speed in kilobytes              
    #  downspeedf        net             Download speed in kilobytes with one     
    #                                    decimal                                  
    #  exec              shell command   Executes a shell command and displays    
    #                                    the output in torsmo. warning: this      
    #                                    takes a lot more resources than other    
    #                                    variables. I'd recommend coding wanted   
    #                                    behaviour in C and posting a patch :-).  
    #  execi             interval, shell Same as exec but with specific interval. 
    #                    command         Interval can't be less than              
    #                                    update_interval in configuration.        
    #  fs_bar            (height), (fs)  Bar that shows how much space is used on 
    #                                    a file system. height is the height in   
    #                                    pixels. fs is any file on that file      
    #                                    system.                                  
    #  fs_free           (fs)            Free space on a file system available    
    #                                    for users.                               
    #  fs_free_perc      (fs)            Free percentage of space on a file       
    #                                    system available for users.              
    #  fs_size           (fs)            File system size                         
    #  fs_used           (fs)            File system used space                   
    #  hr                (height)        Horizontal line, height is the height in 
    #                                    pixels                                   
    #  i2c               (dev), type, n  I2C sensor from sysfs (Linux 2.6). dev   
    #                                    may be omitted if you have only one I2C  
    #                                    device. type is either in (or vol)       
    #                                    meaning voltage, fan meaning fan or temp 
    #                                    meaning temperature. n is number of the  
    #                                    sensor. See /sys/bus/i2c/devices/ on     
    #                                    your local computer.                     
    #  kernel                            Kernel version                           
    #  loadavg           (1), (2), (3)   System load average, 1 is for past 1     
    #                                    minute, 2 for past 5 minutes and 3 for   
    #                                    past 15 minutes.                         
    #  machine                           Machine, i686 for example                
    #  mails                             Mail count in mail spool. You can use    
    #                                    program like fetchmail to get mails from 
    #                                    some server using your favourite         
    #                                    protocol. See also new_mails.            
    #  mem                               Amount of memory in use                  
    #  membar            (height)        Bar that shows amount of memory in use   
    #  memmax                            Total amount of memory                   
    #  memperc                           Percentage of memory in use              
    #  new_mails                         Unread mail count in mail spool.         
    #  nodename                          Hostname                                 
    #  outlinecolor      (color)         Change outline color                     
    #  pre_exec          shell command   Executes a shell command one time before 
    #                                    torsmo displays anything and puts output 
    #                                    as text.                                 
    #  processes                         Total processes (sleeping and running)   
    #  running_processes                 Running processes (not sleeping),        
    #                                    requires Linux 2.6                       
    #  shadecolor        (color)         Change shading color                     
    #  stippled_hr       (space),        Stippled (dashed) horizontal line        
    #                    (height)        
    #  swapbar           (height)        Bar that shows amount of swap in use     
    #  swap                              Amount of swap in use                    
    #  swapmax                           Total amount of swap                     
    #  swapperc                          Percentage of swap in use                
    #  sysname                           System name, Linux for example           
    #  time              (format)        Local time, see man strftime to get more 
    #                                    information about format                 
    #  totaldown         net             Total download, overflows at 4 GB on     
    #                                    Linux with 32-bit arch and there doesn't 
    #                                    seem to be a way to know how many times  
    #                                    it has already done that before torsmo   
    #                                    has started.                             
    #  totalup           net             Total upload, this one too, may overflow 
    #  updates                           Number of updates (for debugging)        
    #  upspeed           net             Upload speed in kilobytes                
    #  upspeedf          net             Upload speed in kilobytes with one       
    #                                    decimal                                  
    #  uptime                            Uptime                                   
    #  uptime_short                      Uptime in a shorter format               
    #
    #  seti_prog                         Seti@home current progress
    #  seti_progbar      (height)        Seti@home current progress bar
    #  seti_credit                       Seti@hoome total user credit

# variable is given either in format $variable or in ${variable}. Latter
    # allows characters right after the variable and must be used in network
    # stuff because of an argument
    #${font Dungeon:style=Bold:pixelsize=10}I can change the font as well
    #as many times as I choose
    # stuff after 'TEXT' will be formatted on screen

color0 black
    color1 lightblue
    color2 orange
    color3 yellow
    color4 wheat
    #color4 green
    color5 salmon
    color6 red
    color7 DarkCyan
    color8 F4A164
    color9 A0551D

TEXT
    ${font :size=16}${color4}${time %A  %B %e, %G}
    ${color2}${font Liberation Mono:size=14}${execpi 60 DJS=`date +%_d`; cal | sed '1d' | sed '/./!d' | sed 's/$/ /' | fold -w 21 | sed -n '/^.\{21\}/p' | sed 's/^/ /' | sed /" $DJS "/s/" $DJS "/" "'${font Liberation Mono:Bold:size=14}${color red}'"$DJS"'${color4}'" "/}
    ${voffset -190}${goto 900}${color2}${font Liberation Mono:size=14}Email:$font${color4}${hr 5}

${color2}${execpi 300 conkyEmail --template=/home/hippy/conkyEmail.template}
    ${goto 900}${color2}${font Liberation Mono:size=14}Music:$font${color4}${hr 5}

${goto 900}${color2}${execpi 2 conkyRhythmbox --template=/home/hippy/conkyRhythmbox.template --nounknownoutput}
    ${voffset -15}${goto 900}${color4}${execibar 1 conkyRhythmbox --datatype=PP}

${voffset -70}${goto 520}${color2}Core1 Temp: ${color4}${execi 5 sensors |grep Core0 |cut -c15-16}°C
    ${goto 520}${color2}Core2 Temp: ${color4}${execi 5 sensors |grep Core1 |cut -c15-16}°C 
    ${goto 520}${color2}GPU Temp:${color4}   ${execi 5 nvidia-settings -q gpucoretemp |grep Attribute |cut -c47-48}°C${font}
    ${voffset -70}${color2}${goto 690}${cpugraph cpu1 30,120 A0551D F4A164} 
    ${voffset 10}${color2}${goto 690}${cpugraph cpu2 30,120 A0551D F4A164}
    ${voffset -60}${goto 730}${color2}Core 1
    ${voffset 40}${goto 730}${color2}Core 2
    ${voffset 10}${color2}${goto 520}Network:
    ${goto 520}${color2}UP:${color4}${upspeedf eth0} ${color2}DN:${color4}${downspeedf eth0}
    ${color2}${goto 520}Ext IP:${color4}${execi 3600 wget -O - http://whatismyip.com/automation/n09230945.asp | tail}${font}
    ${color2}${goto 520}WAN IP:${color4}${addr wlan0}
    ${color2}${goto 520}LAN IP:${color4}${addr eth0}
    ${voffset -80}${color2}${goto 690}${upspeedgraph eth0 30,120 A0551D F4A164}
    ${goto 690}${color2}${downspeedgraph eth0 30,120 A0551D F4A164}
    ${voffset -175}${color4}${font DejaVu Sans Mono:size=9}${execpi 1800 conkyForecast --location=USME0356 --template=/home/hippy/weather.template}$font$color

${voffset 30}${execp conkyDeluge --t=/home/hippy/conkyDeluge.template}
    ${voffset -320}${goto 900}${color2}${font Liberation Mono:size=14}Pidgin:$font${color4}${hr 5}

${color2}${execpi 30 conkyPidgin --template=/home/hippy/conkyPidgin.template --onlineonly}
    weather.template:

Code:
    ${color2}${font Liberation Mono: style=Bold:size=16}[--datatype=HT --imperial]${font Liberation Mono: style=Bold:size=9}[--datatype=HT]${font Liberation Mono: style=Bold:size=16}${voffset -7}/${font Liberation Mono: style=Bold:size=16}${color4}[--datatype=LT --imperial]${font Liberation Mono: style=Bold:size=9}[--datatype=LT]

${font Liberation Mono: style=Bold:size=16}${color4}[--datatype=CT]
    ${color9}${font ConkyWeather:style=Bold:size=60}[--datatype=WF]${font}
    ${voffset -70}${goto 135}${font ConkyWindNESW:size=50}[--datatype=BS]${font}
    ${goto 130}[--datatype=WS --imperial] - [--datatype=WD]
    ${voffset 10}${color2}UV:  ${goto 130}${color4}[--datatype=UI] - [--datatype=UT]
    ${color2}Humidity:  ${goto 130}${color4}[--datatype=HM]
    ${color2}Dew Point:  ${goto 130}${color4}[--datatype=DP --imperial]
    ${color2}Sunrise/Set:  ${goto 130}${color4}[--datatype=SR] / [--datatype=SS]
    ${color2}Hours Daylight: ${goto 130}${color4}[--datatype=DL]
    ${color2}Bar:  ${goto 130}${color4}[--datatype=BR --imperial] - [--datatype=BD]
    ${color2}Moon: ${goto 130}${color4}[--datatype=MP]

${color9}${voffset -250}${goto 280}[--datatype=DW --startday=1 --shortweekday]   ${color4}[--datatype=HT --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3 --imperial]/[--datatype=LT --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3 --imperial]
    ${color4}${goto 280}${font ConkyWeather:size=32}[--datatype=WF --startday=1]${font}
    ${color9}${goto 280}[--datatype=DW --startday=2 --shortweekday]   ${color4}[--datatype=HT --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3 --imperial]/[--datatype=LT --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3 --imperial]
    ${color4}${goto 280}${font ConkyWeather:size=32}[--datatype=WF --startday=2]${font}
    ${color9}${goto 280}[--datatype=DW --startday=3 --shortweekday]   ${color4}[--datatype=HT --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3 --imperial]/[--datatype=LT --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3 --imperial]
    ${color4}${goto 280}${font ConkyWeather:size=32}[--datatype=WF --startday=3]${font}
    ${color9}${goto 280}[--datatype=DW --startday=4 --shortweekday]   ${color4}[--datatype=HT --startday=4 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3 --imperial]/[--datatype=LT --startday=4 --hideunits --centeredwidth=3 --imperial]
    ${color4}${goto 280}${font ConkyWeather:size=32}[--datatype=WF --startday=4]${font}
    email.template:
    Code:
    ${goto 900}${font Liberation Sans :size=12}${color2}Hippy Gmail:${color4}${alignr}[--servertype=IMAP --servername=imap.gmail.com --username=myusername --password=mypass --ssl] new
    ${goto 900}${color2}HippyRandall.com:${color4}${alignr}[--servertype=IMAP --servername=imap.gmail.com --username=myusername --password=mypass --ssl] new
    ${goto 900}${color2}Webmaster Mail:${color4}${alignr}[--servertype=IMAP --servername=imap.gmail.com --username=myusername --password=mypass --ssl] new${font}
    rhythmbox.template:
    Code:
    ${goto 900}${color4}${hr 20}
    ${goto 900}${font Liberation Sans :size=12}${color black}${voffset -17}Artist:${color black}${alignr}[--datatype=AR]
    ${goto 900}${color black}${hr 20}
    ${goto 900}${font Liberation Sans :size=12}${color2}${voffset -15}Album:${color4}${alignr}[--datatype=AL]
    ${goto 900}${color4}${hr 20}
    ${goto 900}${font Liberation Sans :size=12}${color black}${voffset -17}Title:${color black}${alignr}[--datatype=TI]
    ${goto 900}${color black}${hr 20}
    ${goto 900}${font Liberation Sans :size=12}${color2}${voffset -15}Position:${color4}${alignr}[--datatype=PT]/[--datatype=LE] - [--datatype=PP]%$font
    deluge.template:
    Code:
    ${color2}<name>   
    <state> - ${color2}ETA: ${color4}<eta>${color2} Ratio: ${color4}<ratio>   ${color2}<progress> ${color2}DL: ${color4}<downloadrate> ${color2}UL: ${color4}<uploadrate> ${color2}Peers: ${color4}<currentpeers> ${color2}Seeds: ${color4}<currentseeds>
    conkypidgin.template:
    Code:
    ${goto 900}${color2}<alias> ${color4}${alignr}<group>
    ${goto 900}${color4}<status_message>
    ${goto 900}${color2}${hr 5}
    hippyrandall.com | This is the first age that's paid much attention to the future, which is alittle ironic since we may not have one. -- Arthur Clarke

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by easybake View Post
    You can do that effect by using the
    Code:
    own_window_colour 000000
    You can set a transparency level for the conky in compiz settings.

*you have to use
    Code:
    own_window_transparent no
    Thanks. I've had mixed results trying to get that to work. I think I'm missing a step or something.
    Desktop: Quantal on Core2 Duo E8500/Asus P5Q
    Laptop: Precise on S76 Pangolin

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Seems to be the right time to show(off) my translucent conky(s)
    The first image is one of Conky as a sidebar in Fluxbox with transparency thanks to transset.
    The second is my current conky setup inspired by screenlets running 8 conkys for only about 4 MB
    And the third, in a moment of inspiration, is an OSD for MPD made by conky+transset-df and some bash scripting (my second script) and bound to Fluxbox key bindings to show up for (now) 5 seconds and dissapear.
    Attacthed are the rc files of my current config and that of the osd.
    Although I have used xcompmgr and transset to get the tranparency I imagine that compiz would do so (much better) too.

P.S.: Almost everything in the conky's are learnt from the 450+ pages of this thread, THANKS everybody.=D>
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bruce M. is offline Chocolate Ubuntu Mocha Blend
    Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by HippyRandall View Post

ok new conky setup for me. I have conky set to my widget layer in compiz so I figured I might as well make use of the whole screen. This is one conky with 5 template files.
    Now that, sir, is a piece of art!

CHIMO!
    Bruce

Bruce M. is offline Chocolate Ubuntu Mocha Blend
    Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by ans5685 View Post
    P.S.: Almost everything in the conky's are learnt from the 450+ pages of this thread, THANKS everybody.=D>
    Well, on behalf of 450+ pages of various people and their posts:

You're welcome.

You've got some nice stuff there.

Have a nice day.
    Bruce

Page 452 of 2293 FirstFirst ... 3524024424504514524534544625025529521452 ... LastLast