Page 2300 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 13001800220022502290229822992300230123022310 ... LastLast
Results 22,991 to 23,000 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Fantastic! Thank you CantankRus. I've been going around and around with the file configuration. Now my other conkyrc's fit nicer. I'm running Mint 17 kde but post and read here because this is a great thread for conky stuff. Crunchbang has a nice one too. Thanks again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by jaj56 View Post
    Fantastic! Thank you CantankRus. I've been going around and around with the file configuration. Now my other conkyrc's fit nicer. I'm running Mint 17 kde but post and read here because this is a great thread for conky stuff. Crunchbang has a nice one too. Thanks again.
    No problem.
    Be aware though, every now and then a month will need six lines.
    Last edited by CantankRus; December 20th, 2014 at 06:27 AM.

Beans

Good point. I went with your solution but will have to adjust the voffset as you suggested. Again, thanks for your help.

Beans

one thing that i finally decided to move to linux is when my friend show me his desktop... and i think i can do it in ubuntu...

Beans

i just installed ubuntu about 3 days ago and im just now starting to get the hang of it and i want to install a conky on the right hand side of my screen and i am following the instructions exactly the way it says https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SettingUpConky to get it to stay on on screen on the right hand side except its not working. I installed conky, curl, lm sensors, and hddtemp. I created the .conkyrc file in home directory and copyed the conky.config file from the etc/conky/conky.config to the .conkyrc file in the home directory. Only editing i did to the file was changed it from "top_left" to top_right" and i even tryed just leaving it normal and i cant get it to start on start up or stay on my home screen. I did the killall -SIGUSR1 conky and also added the Conky to start up applications with Conky as the name and conky as the command and i still get nothing on start up. After i created the .conkyrc file when i try to start the conky from the terminal by typing conky i get this error message.

Conky: invalid configuration file '/home/michael/.conkyrc'

Conky: missing text block in configuration; exiting
    ***** Imlib2 Developer Warning ***** :
    This program is calling the Imlib call:

imlib_context_free();

With the parameter:

context

being NULL. Please fix your program.

i dont know what i am missing. or how to fix. i also tryed copy and pasting a few custom ones from this forum and still nothing. any suggestions?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by wtwrestling07 View Post
    i just installed ubuntu about 3 days ago and im just now starting to get the hang of it and i want to install a conky on the right hand side of my screen and i am following the instructions exactly the way it says https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SettingUpConky to get it to stay on on screen on the right hand side except its not working. I installed conky, curl, lm sensors, and hddtemp. I created the .conkyrc file in home directory and copyed the conky.config file from the etc/conky/conky.config to the .conkyrc file in the home directory. Only editing i did to the file was changed it from "top_left" to top_right" and i even tryed just leaving it normal and i cant get it to start on start up or stay on my home screen. I did the killall -SIGUSR1 conky and also added the Conky to start up applications with Conky as the name and conky as the command and i still get nothing on start up. After i created the .conkyrc file when i try to start the conky from the terminal by typing conky i get this error message.

Conky: invalid configuration file '/home/michael/.conkyrc'

Conky: missing text block in configuration; exiting
    ***** Imlib2 Developer Warning ***** :
    This program is calling the Imlib call:

imlib_context_free();

With the parameter:

context

being NULL. Please fix your program.

i dont know what i am missing. or how to fix. i also tryed copy and pasting a few custom ones from this forum and still nothing. any suggestions?
    You're in luck this error message was reported in 2009 here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1295621

Essentially after the data variables are defined you need the sub-section called "TEXT" containing conky code and string variables. You are missing the "TEXT" line or the whole section.

Could you post a copy of your .conkyrc between [ CODE ] and [ /CODE ] tags? Without spaces between [ and CODE so it looks like this:
    Code:
    #conky variables
    alignment=TOP_RIGHT

TEXT
    my computer
    Sorry typed this under Win7 so no access to ext4 partition where Linux stuff is stored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Hi WinEunuchs2Unix,
    The post from wtwrestling07 is a duplicate of this post... http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...0#post13194410
    and is due to the fact he has created a ~/.conkyrc directory which contains his ~/.conkyrc file
    instead of placing the file in his home directory.
    Conky will try to open the directory as a config.
    Last edited by CantankRus; December 28th, 2014 at 09:29 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by CantankRus View Post
    Hi WinEunuchs2Unix,
    The post from wtwrestling07 is a duplicate of this post... http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...0#post13194410
    and is due to the fact he has created a ~/.conkyrc directory which contains his ~/.conkyrc file
    instead of placing the file in his home directory.
    Conky will try to open the directory as a config.
    Looks like deadflowr has that thread under control. I'll go back boxing day shopping now

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by WinEunuchs2Unix View Post
    Looks like deadflowr has that thread under control. I'll go back boxing day shopping now
    Haha, carry on.

Beans

hi. i am new to this thread . i did search first but i couldn t find anything. my clock and letters are mixed up. i mean as the seconds go by or cpu the previous numbers are still there so it gets mesed up. is there a way to solve this? i tried to increase or reduce update interval but nothing happened. also i have a problem with the weather. i can t seem to find any solution. is there somewhere i can read to do step by step the weather?

Page 2300 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 13001800220022502290229822992300230123022310 ... LastLast