Page 2275 of 2300 FirstFirst ... 12751775217522252265227322742275227622772285 ... LastLast
Results 22,741 to 22,750 of 22995

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

  1. #22741
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by ricardo15 View Post
    Okay, this is my first post here on the forums, so hi!

    Just finished setting up conky (it's my first attempt with conky) and here's the result:
    (date is in portuguese because I'm from Brazil)
    Neat little conky.
    How's ubuntu-studio in 14.04?
    What do you use it for?
    Still have ubuntu-studio 10.04 installed here.
    Had it all set up for recording with an edirol usb sound card and rakarrack guitar effects but
    haven't used it for a while.

  2. #22742
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    I'm not sure what other people are using, but I found colorname (available in the software center) to be a small simple useful tool for selecting colors from my wallpaper for my conky. It sure beats using an online hex code color chart to try matching the wallpaper colors, like I used to do.

    Screenshot from 2014-04-27 10:35:30.jpg

    I didn't see a "color picker" program installed on Ubuntu14.04 by default; let me know if there is one.
    Who's Awesome? You're Awesome.

  3. #22743
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Petro Dawg View Post
    I didn't see a "color picker" program installed on Ubuntu14.04 by default; let me know if there is one.
    Always did like that wallpaper.

    As you know, not an Ubuntu user but ...
    Code:
    aptitude search color
    I use "gcolor2" or if you use gtk3 and want to make it ... Unia from #! did gcolor3, available at his gitHub, he says it's almost the same.
    gcolor2.jpg

    If you use "gthumb" it has a colour picker ... alas, I use mirage.

    BTW, your ears burning? I just talked about you - well mentioned that I grabbed some code from you.

    Mine rarely changes....

  4. #22744
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    Always did like that wallpaper.

    As you know, not an Ubuntu user but ...
    Code:
    aptitude search color
    I use "gcolor2" or if you use gtk3 and want to make it ... Unia from #! did gcolor3, available at his gitHub, he says it's almost the same.
    gcolor2.jpg

    If you use "gthumb" it has a colour picker ... alas, I use mirage.
    Looks pretty similar to colorname actually...
    colorname-0.3.png
    Probably from the same source, just added the color name search functionality on the bottom is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    BTW, your ears burning? I just talked about you - well mentioned that I grabbed some code from you.

    I think its been a long while since I've used "grep" and "cut" in my conky, you must have had to take a trip on the "wayback machine" to find that code .

    Is that one or several small Conkys for that calendar display you have?
    Last edited by Petro Dawg; April 27th, 2014 at 10:50 PM.
    Who's Awesome? You're Awesome.

  5. #22745
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    @ Petro Dawg

    Probably because colourname is using the gcolor2 code. gThumbs looks the same as well.

    way back machine ... nope just this, someone asked is I knew of a way to use "df -h" in a conky ... so I ran:
    Code:
     27 Apr 14 | 20:09:00 ~
        $ ftxt " df " /media/5/Conky/
    
    /media/5/Conky/PetroDawg/conky_old
    161:${execp df -H | grep 'sdc1' | cut -c56-66}${alignr}${execp df -H | awk '/sdc1/ {print $3, "/", $2}'}${else}${endif}${if_existing  /dev/sdd1}
    162:${execp df -H | grep 'sdd1' | cut -c56-66}${alignr}${execp df -H | awk '/sdd1/ {print $3, "/", $2}'}${else}${endif}${if_existing  /dev/sde1}
    163:${execp df -H | grep 'sde1' | cut -c56-66}${alignr}${execp df -H | awk '/sde1/ {print $3, "/", $2}'}${else}
    
    /media/5/Conky/PetroDawg/conky_older
    61:${execp df -H | grep 'sdc1' | cut -c56-66}:${alignr}${execp df -H | awk '/sdc1/ {print $3, "/", $2}'}${else}${endif}${if_existing  /dev/sdd1}
    62:${execp df -H | grep 'sdd1' | cut -c56-66}:${alignr}${execp df -H | awk '/sdd1/ {print $3, "/", $2}'}${else}${endif}${if_existing  /dev/sde1}
    63:${execp df -H | grep 'sde1' | cut -c56-66}:${alignr}${execp df -H | awk '/sde1/ {print $3, "/", $2}'}${else}${endif}
    
     27 Apr 14 | 20:09:09 ~
        $
    ... and there you were, along a few others as well, dk75 to mention one.

    That is all one conky. The original by iMBeCil is a vertical conky calendar that I modified to be horizontal with month and year with the days and added the image. It's all here.

  6. #22746
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    @ Petro Dawg

    Probably because colourname is using the gcolor2 code. gThumbs looks the same as well.

    way back machine ... nope just this, someone asked is I knew of a way to use "df -h" in a conky ... so I ran:
    Code:
     27 Apr 14 | 20:09:00 ~
        $ ftxt " df " /media/5/Conky/
    
    /media/5/Conky/PetroDawg/conky_old
    161:${execp df -H | grep 'sdc1' | cut -c56-66}${alignr}${execp df -H | awk '/sdc1/ {print $3, "/", $2}'}${else}${endif}${if_existing  /dev/sdd1}
    162:${execp df -H | grep 'sdd1' | cut -c56-66}${alignr}${execp df -H | awk '/sdd1/ {print $3, "/", $2}'}${else}${endif}${if_existing  /dev/sde1}
    163:${execp df -H | grep 'sde1' | cut -c56-66}${alignr}${execp df -H | awk '/sde1/ {print $3, "/", $2}'}${else}
    
    /media/5/Conky/PetroDawg/conky_older
    61:${execp df -H | grep 'sdc1' | cut -c56-66}:${alignr}${execp df -H | awk '/sdc1/ {print $3, "/", $2}'}${else}${endif}${if_existing  /dev/sdd1}
    62:${execp df -H | grep 'sdd1' | cut -c56-66}:${alignr}${execp df -H | awk '/sdd1/ {print $3, "/", $2}'}${else}${endif}${if_existing  /dev/sde1}
    63:${execp df -H | grep 'sde1' | cut -c56-66}:${alignr}${execp df -H | awk '/sde1/ {print $3, "/", $2}'}${else}${endif}
    
     27 Apr 14 | 20:09:09 ~
        $
    ... and there you were, along a few others as well, dk75 to mention one.

    That is all one conky. The original by iMBeCil is a vertical conky calendar that I modified to be horizontal with month and year with the days and added the image. It's all here.
    Handy search....what command is ftxt an alias for?

  7. #22747
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pelican Bay Correctional
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Petro Dawg View Post
    I didn't see a "color picker" program installed on Ubuntu14.04 by default; let me know if there is one.
    Also, yad, (a zenity fork) provides one with
    Code:
    yad --color
    in a repo near you.
    What's a landing but a take off in reverse?

  8. #22748
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Habitual View Post
    Also, yad, (a zenity fork) provides one with
    Code:
    yad --color
    in a repo near you.
    ...and as zenity is in a default ubuntu install....
    Code:
    zenity --color-selection

  9. #22749
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by grumblebum2 View Post
    Handy search....what command is ftxt an alias for?
    OK here you go, it's a tough one:
    Code:
    # find text in files ie: ftxt filepattern /path
    alias ftxt='ack-grep'
    Code:
     28 Apr 14 | 12:26:59 ~
        $ sho ack-grep
    Package: ack-grep                        
    State: installed
    Automatically installed: no
    Version: 2.12-2
    Priority: optional
    Section: utils
    Maintainer: Debian Perl Group <pkg-perl-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
    Architecture: all
    Uncompressed Size: 230 k
    Depends: libfile-next-perl (>= 1.10), perl
    Conflicts: ack
    Replaces: ack
    Description: grep-like program specifically for large source trees
     Ack is designed as a replacement for 99% of the uses of grep. ack is intelligent about the files it searches.
     It knows about certain file types, based on both the extension on the file and, in some cases, the contents of
     the file. 
     
     Ack ignores backup files and files under CVS and .svn directories. It also highlights matches to help you see
     where the match was. Ack uses perl regular expressions.
    Homepage: http://beyondgrep.com/
    @ Habitual
    I need to crawl inside your brain - and see what other gems you have in there. Every time we cross paths I learn something.

    I have yad here but never realized that it had color - just walked right past it in the man page because it wasn't something I was looking for at the time. See the list below.
    ... looks identical to gcolor2 - which is going to be removed now.
    ... Oh and look:
    Code:
    yad --font
    is cool too.

    mrpeachy will need/want this ... he's creating wun-gui using 'yad' but I didn't see those options in there - yet

    I do like and use yad --calendar for a nice simple calendar.

    Thank you Habitual
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #22750
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    OK here you go, it's a tough one:
    Code:
    # find text in files ie: ftxt filepattern /path
    alias ftxt='ack-grep'
    ...thanks.

Page 2275 of 2300 FirstFirst ... 12751775217522252265227322742275227622772285 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •