Page 2259 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 125917592159220922492257225822592260226122692309 ... LastLast
Results 22,581 to 22,590 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Still a work in progress; modifying Teo's weather configs a bit. Shortened it, deleted some stuff I don't care about, and added a scroll bar on the bottom to display the entire forecast text (up to 150 characters each day). Also made color changing a bit easier and reorganized the config file a bit to make it a little easier to customize.

I'll post the code once I'm done and I'm sure everything is behaving as it should. I still need to add a semi transparent background and finish tweaking the alignments.
    Last edited by Petro Dawg; January 4th, 2014 at 11:26 PM.
    Who's Awesome? You're Awesome.

Beans

Trying out openbox.
    Left hand side of panel is tint2 ...right hand side is conky system monitor to match.
    356.jpg

The desktop indicator at the top left turns into a countdown timer when running.
    Clicking on clock shows altyo, a console terminal.
    359.jpg

Beans
    Hidden!

@ Petro Dawg & stinkeye

They are both great in their own rights!

@ Petro Dawg
    - Yup, I'm interested in seeing it ... I'll show it to Teo if you don't mind, he doesn't come here anymore. Unless you joined Crunchbang?

@ stinkeye - careful - OpenBox is contagious and addictive. Check out some of the pipemenus available. Next you'll be installing #!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    @ Petro Dawg & stinkeye

They are both great in their own rights!

@ Petro Dawg
    - Yup, I'm interested in seeing it ... I'll show it to Teo if you don't mind, he doesn't come here anymore. Unless you joined Crunchbang?

@ stinkeye - careful - OpenBox is contagious and addictive. Check out some of the pipemenus available. Next you'll be installing #!

I actually tried Manjaro which is based on Arch.
    Liked openbox but also like the Ubuntu repos
    Giving lubuntu a test and I think openbox and tint2 is here to stay.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by stinkeye View Post
    I actually tried Manjaro which is based on Arch.
    Liked openbox but also like the Ubuntu repos
    Giving lubuntu a test and I think openbox and tint2 is here to stay.
    About 6 years ago, here in these forums, someone told me if I ever tried a *box window manager I'd never go back.

He was right, once I started using OpenBox I've never used anything else (other than testing stuff). It grows on you, no heavy DE, fast and light!

Other than the sys tray in tint2 I even dropped that. Center click on the mouse shows desktops. I really missed the right/left click on the clock for a while, but not anymore.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I encountered a small parsing issue in Teo's weather script, I'm trying to fix it, but I'm not seeing what's causing the problem straight off, I'm no SED or GREP expert unfortunately.

parsing issue.png

As shown above, only the weather information after the semicolon is being pulled in to Conky for Today and Tonight.

The first_days_raw file has the entire line...

Code:
                                </ul>
                               </div> 
                              <p>A little snow at times this morning; otherwise, breezy and much colder with clouds breaking</p> 
                            </div> 
                            <!-- /.desc -->
    and

Code:
                                </ul>
                               </div> 
                              <p>Clear to partly cloudy and bitterly cold; extreme cold can be dangerous for outdoor activities late</p> 
                            </div> 
                            <!-- /.desc -->
    but only the following portions of those lines are being pulled into the first_days file and read by Conky...

Code:
    otherwise, breezy and much colder with clouds breaking
    E
    5%
    extreme cold can be dangerous for outdoor activities late
    I expect if the issue can be resolved, it would be within the following portion of code in the 1b2 file...

Code:
    #First 5days - first_days file if [[ -s $HOME/.conky/1b2_accuweather_conkyweather_font/first_days_raw ]]; then

sed -i '/<div class="column-1 clearfix">/,/<div id=\"feature-history\">/!d' $HOME/.conky/1b2_accuweather_conkyweather_font/first_days_raw
        egrep -i '>Today<|<p>[a-z]|>Mon<\/a>|>Tue<\/a>|>Wed<\/a>|>Thu<\/a>|>Fri<\/a>|>Sat<\/a>|>Sun<\/a>|icon i-|"cond"|"temp"|realfeel">RealFeel|realfeel">Precipitation' $HOME/.conky/1b2_accuweather_conkyweather_font/first_days_raw > $HOME/.conky/1b2_accuweather_conkyweather_font/first_days

sed -i -e 's/^[ \t]*//g' -e 's/^.*icon i-//g' -e 's/^.*"cond">//g' -e 's/>Lo</\n/g' $HOME/.conky/1b2_accuweather_conkyweather_font/first_days
        sed -i -e 's/ "><\/div>//g' -e 's/"><\/div>//g' -e 's/^.*"temp">//g' -e 's/<span>&deg.*$//g' $HOME/.conky/1b2_accuweather_conkyweather_font/first_days
        sed -i -e 's/<p>//g' -e 's/<\/p>//g' -e 's/^.*"#">//g' -e 's/\/span> //g' -e 's/^.*>Precipitation //g' -e 's/^.*; //g' $HOME/.conky/1b2_accuweather_conkyweather_font/first_days
        sed -i -e 's/&#.*$//g' -e 's/<.*$//g' -e 's/ i-alarm.*$//g' -e 's/\r//g' -e 's/ *$//g' $HOME/.conky/1b2_accuweather_conkyweather_font/first_days
        sed -i -e 's/Today/TODAY/' -e 's/Mon$/MONDAY/' -e 's/Tue$/TUESDAY/' -e 's/Wed$/WEDNESDAY/' -e 's/Thu$/THURSDAY/' -e 's/Fri$/FRIDAY/' -e 's/Sat$/SATURDAY/' -e 's/Sun$/SUNDAY/' $HOME/.conky/1b2_accuweather_conkyweather_font/first_days
        sed -i 's/-s\|-l.*$//g' $HOME/.conky/1b2_accuweather_conkyweather_font/first_days
        time=$(sed -n 1p $HOME/.conky/1b2_accuweather_conkyweather_font/curr_cond)
        if [[ $time == Tonight || $time == Overnight || $time == "Early AM" ]]; then
            sed -i 2a- $HOME/.conky/1b2_accuweather_conkyweather_font/first_days
        fi
        L1=$(sed -n 1p $HOME/.conky/1b2_accuweather_conkyweather_font/first_days)
        if [[ $L1 == TODAY ]]; then
            sed -i 1d $HOME/.conky/1b2_accuweather_conkyweather_font/first_days
        fi
        for (( i=6; i<=21; i+=5 ))
          do
              image_raw=$(sed -n "${i}"p $HOME/.conky/1b2_accuweather_conkyweather_font/first_days)
              sed -i ${i}s/$image_raw/$(test_image $image_raw)/ $HOME/.conky/1b2_accuweather_conkyweather_font/first_days
          done
        image_raw=$(sed -n 25p $HOME/.conky/1b2_accuweather_conkyweather_font/first_days)
        sed -i 25s/$image_raw/$(test_image $image_raw)/ $HOME/.conky/1b2_accuweather_conkyweather_font/first_days
        image_raw=$(sed -n 30p $HOME/.conky/1b2_accuweather_conkyweather_font/first_days)
        sed -i 30s/$image_raw/$(test_image $image_raw)/ $HOME/.conky/1b2_accuweather_conkyweather_font/first_days

fi
    but I'm not seeing a solution, so I am going to defer to the experts here.
    Last edited by Petro Dawg; January 5th, 2014 at 06:07 PM.
    Who's Awesome? You're Awesome.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Petro Dawg View Post
    but I'm not seeing a solution, so I am going to defer to the experts here.
    OK, that statement effectively leaves me out

Have you thought of posting in Teo's thread?
    He's super at helping people - especially with his scripts.

Beans
    Hidden!

I tried to read those sed lines but I just went cross eyed

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by mrpeachy View Post
    I tried to read those sed lines but I just went cross eyed
    and made me thirsty!

Code:
     06 Jan 14 | 11:27:01 ~
        $ se sed
    Result for 'sed':
    	Sed is a feminine noun.
    	type='feminine noun'
    	meaning: thirst
    Result for 'sed':
    	Sed is imperative(imperativo) of ser(intransitive).
    	type='verb'
    	meaning: You, be!

06 Jan 14 | 11:27:04 ~
        $

Beans
    Hidden!

@ Deputy Petro Dawg ... and I say that with all due respect

I'll pop your post over on #! and see what Teo has to say ... then I'll relay the message back here.

Just call me Sector "the Middleman" 11

EDIT: Done, read about it here!
    Last edited by Sector11; January 6th, 2014 at 03:47 PM.

Page 2259 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 125917592159220922492257225822592260226122692309 ... LastLast