Page 2226 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1226172621262176221622242225222622272228223622762326 ... LastLast
Results 22,251 to 22,260 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

It's simple - want to place a window you need to recognise it. How you place 8 window with same name? You need to change Conky window names for every Conky you have.
    Code:
    conky_window_title Conky01
    then you can place window with title "Conky01" whenever you want.
    Linux Debian Sid (Minted) x86_64/3.12.10, Conky 2.0_pre, Xorg 7.7/1.15.0, KDE 4.11.5, Lenovo T61, Intel X3100, HITACHI HTS722010K9SA00 100GB, WDC_WD5000BEVT 500GB
    Linux user No.: 483055 | My Conky Pitstop corner | One4All project

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by dk75 View Post
    ...then you can place window with title "Conky01" whenever you want.
    Ok, I understand the window naming part, but how do you place the window? With Devilspie or something?
    We are 138

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus138 View Post
    OK one more problem and I think I'm done with the questions lol....

I have dealt with Compiz and vp positions before and had successfully displayed my conky on a specific vp, but I am having trouble with this one. I think I had something similar to this question somewhere on this site before, but I can't find... Anyway, I want a the conky to only display on the first vp and I can't figure it out. In the config I post below you will see my display commands commented out that did not work. I understand how the code works mostly, but I must be doing something wrong. Here's the config:

Code:
    alignment top_right
    #alignment top_left
    #alignment bottom_left
    #alignment bottom_right
    I tried setting alignment to top_left, but it didn't work.
    Just to be sure, from what you posted, you still only have alignment top_right uncommented.

Not 100% sure what the issue is, are you trying to place your Conky on a specific monitor or a specific work space?

Perhaps something like this when you launch your Conky will work.

Code:
    wmctrl -s 2 && conky -c /path/to/conky/conkyrc.txt)
    You might have to install wmctrl and change the screen number. There maybe other ways to do this with other window managers.
    Last edited by Petro Dawg; August 25th, 2013 at 06:38 PM.
    Who's Awesome? You're Awesome.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Petro Dawg View Post
    Just to be sure, from what you posted, you still only have alignment top_right uncommented.
    Yeah I tried top_left and when it didn't work with moving to viewport 2 I changed it back to top_right

Not 100% sure what the issue is, are you trying to place your Conky on a specific monitor?
    On a specific viewport. I'm using Ubuntu with Compiz and instead of desktops or workspaces it uses viewports of one large canvas. So if your resolution is 1366x768 then each VP expands the width (or heighth). Fore example: 2 VPs would be 2732x768 and 3 vps is 4098x768 etc if your VPs are spread out vertically. I am trying to keep my this conky only on VP one. I have done this before successfully, but not sure what's going on here.

Perhaps something like this when you launch your Conky will work.

Code:
    wmctrl -s 2 && conky -c /path/to/conky/conkyrc.txt)
    You might have to install wmctrl and change the screen number. There maybe other ways to do this with other window managers.
    I tried this and changed the number to different ones and it didn't work.
    We are 138

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

On a specific viewport. I'm using Ubuntu with Compiz and instead of desktops or workspaces it uses viewports of one large canvas. So if your resolution is 1366x768 then each VP expands the width (or heighth). Fore example: 2 VPs would be 2732x768 and 3 vps is 4098x768 etc if your VPs are spread out vertically. I am trying to keep my this conky only on VP one. I have done this before successfully, but not sure what's going on here.

Can you then just change your gap_x and gap_y to position the Conky in the correct location? Or does it show up on all viewports for some reason?

I have no clue if it will actually work (I never used a viewport), but if it is showing up on all viewports you may just have to set the gap_x to -3000 (or whatever number that would push the Conky from your last VP to your first). The other viewports would then be conky free, since the Conky is pushed so far left that it would not render from the other viewports.

It's worth a shot, maybe.
    Last edited by Petro Dawg; August 25th, 2013 at 07:03 PM.
    Who's Awesome? You're Awesome.

Beans
    Distro

Can you then just change your gap_x and gap_y to position the Conky in the correct location? Or does it show up on all viewports for some reason?

I have no clue if it will actually work (I never used a viewport), but if it is showing up on all viewports you may just have to set the gap_x to -3000 (or whatever number that would push the Conky from your last VP to your first). The other viewports would then be conky free, since the Conky is pushed so far left that it would not render from the other viewports.

It's worth a shot, maybe.
    Yes, sorry if I didn't put that, but I had already tried positioning to vp 2 which is at 1367, I had made it 1400 and it was still on all viewports. If I put it at -3000 then it would have to be at the far left of my screen and that's not where I want it. I already know what I am trying to do works, but I can't remember everything that needs to be set and set to what.

Thanks anyway for trying. I'll try to figure it out on my own or wait for a reply from someone else.

If you read this post at the bottom are instructions for Compiz, I've been going through the article trying to find out what I've done wrong....
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1797174
    We are 138

Beans
    Hidden!

Yes, sorry if I didn't put that, but I had already tried positioning to vp 2 which is at 1367, I had made it 1400 and it was still on all viewports. If I put it at -3000 then it would have to be at the far left of my screen and that's not where I want it. I already know what I am trying to do works, but I can't remember everything that needs to be set and set to what.

Thanks anyway for trying. I'll try to figure it out on my own or wait for a reply from someone else.

If you read this post at the bottom are instructions for Compiz, I've been going through the article trying to find out what I've done wrong....
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1797174
    My wmctrl works different (different system) so I don't know if it will help you or not, but it can't hurt to try
    Code:
     25 Aug 13 | 16:42:08 ~
        $ wmctrl -m
    Name: Openbox
    Class: 
    PID: N/A
    Window manager's "showing the desktop" mode: OFF

25 Aug 13 | 16:42:58 ~
        $ wmctrl -d
    0  - DG: 1920x1080  VP: 0,0  WA: 3,3 1914x1074  SR-71
    1  * DG: 1920x1080  VP: 0,0  WA: 3,3 1914x1074  SR-72
    2  - DG: 1920x1080  VP: 0,0  WA: 3,3 1914x1074  SR-73
    3  - DG: 1920x1080  VP: 0,0  WA: 3,3 1914x1074  SR-74

25 Aug 13 | 16:43:01 ~
        $
    So I would have to use ${desktop} (0 to 3) or ${desktop_name} SR-71 to 74 to compare in that method.
    And the idea of having 4 conkys in one doesn't do anything for me. If I wanted to tweak something in the D3 conky that a long scroll down.

When I write a conky I want on a specific desktop I remove "sticky" from:
    Code:
    own_window_hints
    and the conky will only run on the desktop it is started on ... No idea if this will work

I start them like this in my autostart file:

Code:
    # on desktop 2 only | no sticky
    	(sleep 3s && wmctrl -s 1 && conky -c /media/5/Conky/S11_Dates.conky) &
    	(sleep 3s && wmctrl -s 1 && conky -c /media/5/Conky/S11_Rem_Cal.conky) &

# on desktop 1 only | no sticky
    	(sleep 6s && wmctrl -s 0 && conky -c /media/5/Conky/S11_VRX.conky) &
    	(sleep 6s && wmctrl -s 0 && conky -c /media/5/Conky/S11_Arg-blue.conky) &
    	(sleep 6s && wmctrl -s 0 && conky -c /media/5/Conky/S11_Email_1.conky) &
    	(sleep 6s && wmctrl -s 0 && conky -c /media/5/Conky/S11_all-text.conky) &
    	(sleep 6s && wmctrl -s 0 && conky -c /media/5/Conky/conkybarre_v9000) &

# on all desktops | sticky
    	(sleep 6s && conky -c /media/5/Conky/DiceClock/Dice-Clock.conky) &
    	(sleep 6s && conky -c /media/5/Conky/DiceClock/Dice-Date.conky) &
    Note:
    I start the conkys on Desktop 2 first,
    - - 3 seconds after the bash script starts.
    then I start the conkys on Desktop 1
    - - 3 seconds after they start or --- 6 seconds after the bash scripts starts.
    - - that gives the first conkys time to be running before switching desktops
    - - - - otherwise wmctrl switches desktops and D2 conkys start running on D1.

Now if that doesn't work I sure:
    Code:
    wmctrl -d | grep 'VP:' | awk '{print $2}' | sed 's/,0//'} == 1920}
    can be applied in a bash script by someone who knows bash better than I do to do basically the same thing.

The only other thing I can think of:
    Code:
    alignment top_left
    gap_x 1930	### l|r ## 10 pixels to the right of the left edge of VP 1920
    gap_y 10	### u|d

Beans
    Distro

@Sector11 Actually I just figured it out right before I came back to this thread. Thanks though.

I just had the wrong numbers in the multi-desktop configuration part and I had it only half written. Here's sort of what I did have after I read that post and was still messed up:

Code:
    ${if_match ${execi 60 wmctrl -d | awk '{print $6}' | sed 's/,0//'} == 1366}
                       ${time  %m}-${time  %d} -${color #ac2121}${time  %Y}
    ${else}${if_match ${execi 60 wmctrl -d | awk '{print $6}' | sed 's/,0//'} == 2732}
    (Insert All Code Below The TEXT section that you want on the second viewport.)
    ${else}${if_match ${execi 60 wmctrl -d | awk '{print $6}' | sed 's/,0//'} == 4098}
    (Insert All Code Below The TEXT section that you want on the third viewport.)
    ${else}${if_match ${execi 60 wmctrl -d | awk '{print $6}' | sed 's/,0//'} == 5464}
    (Insert All Code Below The TEXT section that you want on the fourth viewport.)
    ${else}Out Of Viewports (Or copy/paste more of these.)${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}
    And this is the right code that is now functioning properly:

Code:
    ${if_match ${execi 60 wmctrl -d | awk '{print $6}' | sed 's/,0//'} == 0}
                       ${time  %m}-${time  %d} -${color #ac2121}${time  %Y}
    ${else}${if_match ${execi 60 wmctrl -d | awk '{print $6}' | sed 's/,0//'} == 1366}
    (Insert All Code Below The TEXT section that you want on the second viewport.)
    ${else}${if_match ${execi 60 wmctrl -d | awk '{print $6}' | sed 's/,0//'} == 2732}
    (Insert All Code Below The TEXT section that you want on the third viewport.)
    ${else}${if_match ${execi 60 wmctrl -d | awk '{print $6}' | sed 's/,0//'} == 4098}
    (Insert All Code Below The TEXT section that you want on the fourth viewport.)
    ${else}Out Of Viewports (Or copy/paste more of these.)${endif}${endif}${endif}${endif}
    My results from awk and sed were no equivalent to the end number so, of course, it couldn't display anything.

I'm going to write myself a multi-desktop template for future use.

And just so you know to help others in the future, Ubuntu 12.04 running compiz doesn't work right with the grep command in
    Code:
    wmctrl -d | grep 'VP:' | awk '{print $2}' | sed 's/,0//'} == 1920}
    The right code is:
    Code:
    wmctrl -d | awk '{print $6}' | sed 's/,0//'} == 1920}
    Since it doesn't grep VP it starts at the beginning and must awk the 6th position, thus: print $6
    Last edited by Lateralus138; August 25th, 2013 at 09:27 PM.
    We are 138

Beans
    Hidden!

Ok, I understand the window naming part, but how do you place the window? With Devilspie or something?
    In COMPIZ?
    Didn't you've said that you've dealt with it before?
    CCSM have module for that.
    Ah, sorry, it's Ubuntu and configuring COMPIZ by user is NO NO ;p
    wmctrl, devilspie, devilspie2

If you want it to be at only one VP then use
    Code:
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
    without "sticky" hint
    Last edited by dk75; August 26th, 2013 at 09:32 AM.
    Linux Debian Sid (Minted) x86_64/3.12.10, Conky 2.0_pre, Xorg 7.7/1.15.0, KDE 4.11.5, Lenovo T61, Intel X3100, HITACHI HTS722010K9SA00 100GB, WDC_WD5000BEVT 500GB
    Linux user No.: 483055 | My Conky Pitstop corner | One4All project

Beans
    Distro

I said I've dealt with the CONKY issue using compiz and not some other window thing... I've not dealth with Compiz much, though I have looked through CCSM a little. Removing sticky does not work in Ubuntu with Unity and Compiz and the solution is already posted here:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1797174 scroll down to "Compiz: The special case, and why it was the inspiration."

My problem was not getting the code correct from the post above yours and I have solved the issue.
    We are 138

Page 2226 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1226172621262176221622242225222622272228223622762326 ... LastLast