Page 2221 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1221172121212171221122192220222122222223223122712321 ... LastLast
Results 22,201 to 22,210 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    @ Petro Dawg

You on the #! forums or just 'spying' Just for info, post 4633, click on the date of that post it give a direct link.

I put the post up but GG, stinkeye and arclance really deserve the thanks.

It is "slick" though. GG's Conkys when you want them!
    Just passing through the CrunchBang forums, Google lead me to that post. Thanks for the tip for directly linking to the post. I figured there was a way to link directly, but I had other things to do today so I didn't take the time to figure it out.

If you ask me, properly documenting the work is just as or more important than the work itself (especially for people like me who forget things faster than I learn them).
    Who's Awesome? You're Awesome.

Beans

Does anyone know how to display current IP address ?
    If I use
    addr eth1
    It only displays my router IP address, I want my real IP address not my router's.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

If your talking about your external IP address then install curl and then use the following in your conky...
    Code:
    ${execi 60 curl ifconfig.me}
    You may want to change the interval depending on the rest of your conky setup.
    Cheesemill

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I believe I used this line to get my Public IP at one point...

Code:
    ${pre_exec wget -O - http://ip.tupeux.com | tail}

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I don't know if anyone else has done this already, but I just came up with a huge improvement to Conky. A problem with conkyEmail display is that you cannot see when a new message arrives any time an open window is covering the Conky output.

I resolved this issue by now having my email Conky display a pop-up notification whenever a new message comes in. Here's how it's done...

First create a text file named "gmailcount.txt" (or whatever other name you want to use). This will store the number of messages from the last time conky checked the email (old email count).

Then add the following lines to the email conky configuration file...

Code:
    ###
    ##   Check if old email count is less than new email count, if so, display popup
    #
    ${if_match ${execi 600 conkyEmail -m IMAP -s imap.googlemail.com -o 993 --ssl -u your-address@gmail.com -p your-password} > ${exec cat ~/Path/to/gmailcount.txt}}${exec zenity --info --title="New Mail" --text="New Mail in G-Mail"}}${endif}

###
    ##  Update old email count
    #
    ${execi 600 echo $(conkyEmail -m IMAP -s imap.googlemail.com -o 993 --ssl -u your-address@gmail.com -p your-password) > ~/Path/to/gmailcount.txt}
    For best results make sure the execi intervals match the interval at which the email gets checked. You may also want to put everything on one line to keep your conky from growing longer. Additionally there might be a strange result the first time you run this, since the .txt file is empty to begin with. If the pop-up message keeps showing up at each conky update cycle, just kill Conky, restart it, and should work from then on.

zenity comes pre-installed on Ubuntu12.04, not sure about other systems. You may need to install it before this works.

When done correctly you should see something like this only once each time a new email arrives...

emailnotify.png

To any of the Conky Masters around here; feel free to improve my code and/or offer suggestions on how to do it better.
    Last edited by Petro Dawg; August 11th, 2013 at 07:15 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Nice.

Zenity is useful for a lot of things. I have notifications appear when certain tasks on my machine start/finish and also use it in my server monitoring scripts to let me know when services/machines go down.
    Cheesemill

Beans

@Petro Dawg
    Nice work.

As I run an always visible conky panel at the bottom that shows cpu, hdd gpu temps etc and email count,
    I just use notify-send and play monty python's "message for you sir" as a new mail alert.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SwNXQMoNps

Code:
    #!/bin/bash

NEW=$(perl ~/conky/gmail.pl n)
    FROM=$(perl ~/conky/gmail.pl s)

/usr/bin/canberra-gtk-play -f ~/Sounds/message.wav &
    notify-send -i ~/conky/gmail1.png "$NEW new mail" "$FROM"

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

@stinkeye

Thanks for the notify-send tip. I really like the way notify-send looks, but it disappears after a short time. If I'm away from the computer for any length of time I may miss the notification.

So now I'm torn as to which to use.

I guess I could just start actually reading my emails for a change; keeping my unread count to zero as a rule and just check my Conky anytime I return from being away from my screen.

Because I really do prefer the look of this pop-up...

mailbox.png

Code:
    ### 
    ##   Check if old email count is less than new email count, if so, display popup 
    # 
    ${if_match ${execi 300 conkyEmail -m IMAP -s imap.googlemail.com -o 993 --ssl -u your-address@gmail.com -p your-password} > ${execi 300 cat ~/Path/to/gmailcount.txt}}${execi 300 notify-send -i MailBox "New E-Mail in G-Mail"}}${endif}

###
    ##  Update old email count 
    #
    ${execi 300 echo $(conkyEmail -m IMAP -s imap.googlemail.com -o 993 --ssl -u your-address@gmail.com -p your-password) > ~/Path/to/gmailcount.txt}
    MailBox can be replaced with whatever image placed in ~/.icons

Also, I suppose this method could be applied to other things such as warning of high temps (if temp > 70) for example.
    Last edited by Petro Dawg; August 13th, 2013 at 06:18 PM. Reason: changed all exec to execi

Beans

Here's my setup (atm), Top panel (Kubuntu), Right (Conky), Bottom panel (Tint2), still tweaking (experimenting with be-spin and be-shell).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mazonnaa View Post
    Here's my setup (atm), Top panel (Kubuntu), Right (Conky), Bottom panel (Tint2), still tweaking (experimenting with be-spin and be-shell).

Looks good. Would you consider posting your Conky config file?

Page 2221 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1221172121212171221122192220222122222223223122712321 ... LastLast