Page 2198 of 2274 FirstFirst ... 119816982098214821882196219721982199220022082248 ... LastLast
Results 21,971 to 21,980 of 22732

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

  1. #21971
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Beans
    3,509

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by ohnonot View Post
    i remember once finding a conky-mimetype file from here. but for the **** of it, i can't find it anymore.
    anyone have it handy or remember where it is?
    plus, any updates to conky gtksourceview language definition?
    thanx.
    Is this watchya talkin' about?
    http://conky.pitstop.free.fr/wiki/in...and_Conky_(en)

  2. #21972
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Beans
    81

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    Ain't gonna happen... sorry.

    However, you can always invoke the 'Show Printable Version" in "Thread Tools", then click "Show 75 post(s) from this thread on one page".

    That will get you down to 293 pages (currently). Plus, the [CODE] samples are show in their entirety, e.g. not scrolled. And, the images will not be displayed. Ctrl+F, in most browsers, will then allow you to search these 75 posts/per page, if you're looking for something in particular.

    Other than doing something like that, this thread will always remain rather unwieldy...
    Who can go on reading so many pages? It loses the whole idea of this thread, and people would be most probably writing the same thing again & again.

  3. #21973
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia USA
    Beans
    49
    Distro
    Xubuntu

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanath View Post
    Who can go on reading so many pages? It loses the whole idea of this thread, and people would be most probably writing the same thing again & again.
    Hi,
    If this thread were split, then it would be harder (for me anyway) to find things. For example, if I were looking for a command that I couldn't remember, I would have to search multiple threads until I found it. This thread began in October of 2006, so if it were broken down by month, that would be 80 different threads that I would have to search. As it is almost every question I could possibly have has already been answered in this one thread. Much simpler that way for me.

  4. #21974
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SR11 Cockpit
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by ohnonot View Post
    i remember once finding a conky-mimetype file from here. but for the **** of it, i can't find it anymore.
    anyone have it handy or remember where it is?
    plus, any updates to conky gtksourceview language definition?
    thanx.
    you mean the one that does this in Gedit and Medit?

    See attached, updated six days ago: 15 May 2013.

    I have no idea what the conky-mimetype file is your talking about though
    Attached Files Attached Files

  5. #21975
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SR11 Cockpit
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by stylintile View Post
    Hi,
    If this thread were split, then it would be harder (for me anyway) to find things. For example, if I were looking for a command that I couldn't remember, I would have to search multiple threads until I found it. This thread began in October of 2006, so if it were broken down by month, that would be 80 different threads that I would have to search. As it is almost every question I could possibly have has already been answered in this one thread. Much simpler that way for me.
    Not only that - it's a perfect historical reference and shows how conky has developed since 2006. I've been here since 2007, and yes, same questions do pop up more than once, and the answers change more frequently now. Depending on such things as:

    what desktop are you using? or
    what window manager if not a desktop?
    do you use a composite manager?
    Which composite manager?

    @ Chanath

    If you are looking for answers, do an advanced search, be specific with what you want or start looking a the newest pages, like this one, and work backwards.

    Baring that - ask away. Some of us have links we can direct you to for various things asked, some of us will just flat out answer your question.

  6. #21976
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SR11 Cockpit
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by stinkeye View Post
    I gotta get that updated .... will do today.

    Just did it a few days ago and forgot to pump it up.
    See post #21974, two above this.

    And at CPS there's there's the mime file right on Q ... this is a DUH moment.
    KUDOS to dk75 for that
    Last edited by Sector11; May 21st, 2013 at 02:54 PM.

  7. #21977
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SR11 Cockpit
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Inodoro Pereyra View Post
    Yeah, easy for YOU!!!
    Anyways, I don't need 10 day forecast. With a 2 day forecast I'm happy.

    Yep, gladly. My screen resolution is 1440x900, I'm on a Dell Inspiron 1525, running 12.04 LTS.
    When I try to post the code, it gets all screwed up (probably the post is too long), so I will post it on a following post.
    OK I'll get back to you in a couple of days ... not as easy as you think it is though.
    VinDSL's conky doesn't work the same here, I'm using Debian Sid with OpenBox, however ... I can get it roughed in and then do a HowTo for you to configure it to you system.

    So you'll have some work as well. Hey - good learning experience.

    Check for a PM

  8. #21978
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Beans
    81

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    Not only that - it's a perfect historical reference and shows how conky has developed since 2006. I've been here since 2007, and yes, same questions do pop up more than once, and the answers change more frequently now. Depending on such things as:

    what desktop are you using? or
    what window manager if not a desktop?
    do you use a composite manager?
    Which composite manager?

    @ Chanath

    If you are looking for answers, do an advanced search, be specific with what you want or start looking a the newest pages, like this one, and work backwards.

    Baring that - ask away. Some of us have links we can direct you to for various things asked, some of us will just flat out answer your question.
    Conky has come a long way now. I had my first intro to conky in Crunchbang. That thread was getting bigger & bigger, so they'd made a new thread for every month, which makes it easy to find answers. I still look in that thread to get inspiration. The old tread is still there, but closed.
    Mr. Peachy and others had done a lot of work and shown that there.

    With 2198 pages, this had got too much. What was there 5 years ago must be nice, but thoughts on conky are evolving. The standard idea of conky is still the same, though.
    I am using Saucy

  9. #21979
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Beans
    81

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Simple conky redone.jpg
    This is a simple conky redone from Noobslab

  10. #21980
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SR11 Cockpit
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanath View Post
    Conky has come a long way now. I had my first intro to conky in Crunchbang. That thread was getting bigger & bigger, so they'd made a new thread for every month, which makes it easy to find answers. I still look in that thread to get inspiration. The old tread is still there, but closed.
    Mr. Peachy and others had done a lot of work and shown that there.

    With 2198 pages, this had got too much. What was there 5 years ago must be nice, but thoughts on conky are evolving. The standard idea of conky is still the same, though.
    I am using Saucy
    Saucy?

    Well two conky original threads at #! closed, and monthly threads were started and ended.

    There is only one at Crunchbang now: The New Monster Conky Thread.

    The reason this thread is as large as it is is, it's not just *buntu people here sharing conkys. Just about every distro can be found here.
    Londonali1010 coined it right: The Collaborative Creative Conky Community, CCCC or "Your conky has been C4'd" for short.

    And yes, thoughts of what conky can do and is capable of doing with outside help (LUA, bash, python, perl etc) are changing fast, but go to post 21966, just one page back, no bells or whistles, no images or *ding fonts ... just a nice clean elegant conky using what looks like "native" conky commands. So there are some that want: a Fiat 500 Conky for their little netbook and others that want the Lamborghini Conky for their new powerhouse 8 Core 32GB RAM desktop.

Page 2198 of 2274 FirstFirst ... 119816982098214821882196219721982199220022082248 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •