Page 2156 of 2309 FirstFirst ... 1156165620562106214621542155215621572158216622062256 ... LastLast
Results 21,551 to 21,560 of 23089

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

I've struck a problem with the conkyWeather_arclance v6.2.1 weather script. For two days running I've had an email from wunderground saying ;=
    ##################################
    Your wunderground API key (foobar) exceeded its allotted usage today by making 504 calls in a day but the limit is 500.

We used one of your raindrops instead of disabling the key for the remainder of the day. You now have 3 remaining raindrops.

I've tried to find the time pulling information for wunderground so that I could lengthen it, but have been unsuccessful. Could you tell me the line number for the time interval so that I can change the timeout and start running the script again please?

Thanks
    Sharon.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    6! For that cute little thing.

Of course now I have to try and duplicate that into one conky.

1. conkyForecast first and then
    2. mrpeachys v9000 LUA script and then
    3. one of Teo's scripts

It's the cutest lil-weather script south of the "49th parallel north" =D>

Care to share this: sunrise2.png
    I like to work with many smaller simple codes than one large complex code, keeps me from having to think too hard.

I attached the sunrise2.png.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Who's Awesome? You're Awesome.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by arclance View Post
    This is how I did it with my script which uses the WU API but not one of their icon sets.

1. Put all your images in a folder (how you organize them in there is up to you).
    2. Write a function that determines which image in that folder to use for each weather condition.
    a. If you use the weather image names from WU in this function it will work for multiple languages without running into translation issues.
    b. If you use the actual condition names delivered from the API (what I did) it will only work for one language (without a translation table) but you can get more image variety that way.
    3. Construct the whole path to the image file using the data return from the image picking function
    Code:
    image_path = "path_to_image_folder/" + "location_in_image_folder"
    4. Pass that path to "${image}" in conky.

My script used to be all Python (some of conkyforecastWU is based on it) so I have the image picking function I use in Python if you want to see it.
    Thanks for the tip, I tried something similar before but couldn't get the code syntax correct and it wouldn't pull from a local image folder. Now that I know it will work that way, I will try that method again when I get in another mood to play around with it. However, since my current set up is working to my satisfaction, it may be awhile before I get motivated to work on it again.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by boudiccas View Post
    I've struck a problem with the conkyWeather_arclance v6.2.1 weather script. For two days running I've had an email from wunderground saying ;=
    Your wunderground API key (foobar) exceeded its allotted usage today by making 504 calls in a day but the limit is 500.

We used one of your raindrops instead of disabling the key for the remainder of the day. You now have 3 remaining raindrops.

I've tried to find the time pulling information for wunderground so that I could lengthen it, but have been unsuccessful. Could you tell me the line number for the time interval so that I can change the timeout and start running the script again please?

Thanks
    Sharon.
    It is on line 191 in the "conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.py" python script.
    Code:
    pollInterval = float(900) # time between data pulls from the API (in seconds) as a float
    Change the "900" to a larger value to increase the time between updates.

It should only be making about ~300 calls a day (288 if you start at exactly 12:00 AM) as long as you are only running one copy of the script at a time and are not doing anything to force a update.
    Building Conky | iCalendar Conky | Weather Script | Background List
    Intel Core i7-2600K - 3.40GHz | Asus P8Z68-V LE | 8GB RAM - 1866 MHz | Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    6! For that cute little thing.

Of course now I have to try and duplicate that into one conky.

1. conkyForecast first and then
    2. mrpeachys v9000 LUA script and then
    3. one of Teo's scripts

It's the cutest lil-weather script south of the "49th parallel north" =D>

Care to share this: sunrise2.png
    Ooooops, it's 7, I forgot about the Weather Alert script that runs invisible above the other 6 unless there is actually an alert.

Here's the script for that one:
    Code:
    #conky performance settings
      update_interval 10
      total_run_times 0
      cpu_avg_samples 4
      no_buffers yes
      double_buffer yes
      override_utf8_locale yes

#overall position of conky window
      alignment bottom_left
      gap_x 153
      gap_y 144
      minimum_size 710 0
      maximum_width 710

#overall appearance of conky window
      own_window yes
      own_window_type override
      own_window_transparent yes
      own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
      draw_borders no

#default text apperance
      use_xft yes
      xftalpha 0.9
      xftfont Alfios:bold:size=14
      default_color Orange
      draw_shades yes
      draw_outline yes
      default_shade_color black
      default_outline_color black
      uppercase no

TEXT
    ${alignc}${execi 300 conkyForecastWU -d AT}

Beans

It is on line 191 in the "conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.py" python script.
    Code:
    pollInterval = float(900) # time between data pulls from the API (in seconds) as a float
    Change the "900" to a larger value to increase the time between updates.

It should only be making about ~300 calls a day (288 if you start at exactly 12:00 AM) as long as you are only running one copy of the script at a time and are not doing anything to force a update.
    Thanks for this, I've now amended line 191 to read "pollInterval = float(1800) # time between data pulls from the API (in seconds) as a float", and also gone through the code looking for any other calls that are being made to wunderground but cant find any.

I only use one instance of the conkyWeather_arclance script, although on a different conky. I do use another weather script but that's for accuweather, so it shouldn't be interfering.

Thanks for the help
    Sharon.

Beans
    Hidden!

Thanks for this, I've now amended line 191 to read "pollInterval = float(1800) # time between data pulls from the API (in seconds) as a float", and also gone through the code looking for any other calls that are being made to wunderground but cant find any.

I only use one instance of the conkyWeather_arclance script, although on a different conky. I do use another weather script but that's for accuweather, so it shouldn't be interfering.

Thanks for the help
    Sharon.
    Check to see if you have two copies of the python script running by accident, that is the most likely cause of the usage you are seeing.
    Intel Core i7-2600K - 3.40GHz | Asus P8Z68-V LE | 8GB RAM - 1866 MHz | Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Beans

Check to see if you have two copies of the python script running by accident, that is the most likely cause of the usage you are seeing.
    I only have three conkies running, which I would expect, and its only called from one of them. So I just watch and wait and see if they email me tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help

Sharon.

Beans
    Hidden!

I only have three conkies running, which I would expect, and its only called from one of them. So I just watch and wait and see if they email me tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help

Sharon.
    The python script should not be called (started) from a conky.
    It is not a "run-and-close" script so you will start multiple copies of it that way.

Beans

The python script should not be called (started) from a conky.
    It is not a "run-and-close" script so you will start multiple copies of it that way.
    Agreed, it is run from a 'startup script', one keypress and it pkills all conkies presently running, another keypress and they are all started again.

But I did find this line in one of my startup scripts -python /home/boztu/.conky/conkyweather/conkyWeather_arclance_v6.2.py - which was only supposed to be called on reboot from a cronjob. Whether it was or not I know not!

Thanks
    Sharon.

Page 2156 of 2309 FirstFirst ... 1156165620562106214621542155215621572158216622062256 ... LastLast