Page 2142 of 2325 FirstFirst ... 1142164220422092213221402141214221432144215221922242 ... LastLast
Results 21,411 to 21,420 of 23243

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

  1. #21411
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedcurtis View Post
    After midnight the "Right Now" is just showing the current temp with the 'feels like' in quotes next to it. At some point during the night, the "Today" changed to reflect the high and low for Wed, which would be correct. Just checked it against the Accuweather.com sight, and it is all reading the exact same info as the web-site!

    Thanks
    Jed

    Oh ok, its just friggin' cold up there . Keep warm.
    Who's Awesome? You're Awesome.

  2. #21412
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Beans
    816
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

    Question Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    OK Guys,

    Stupid question here!

    There is some problem with my system and I've found it is better to launch my conkies manually instead of auto starting the conkies when I login.

    However, being the lazy guy I am, I thought one launcher that launches all three would be great. The problem is only the first two will launch.

    Code:
    #! /bin/sh -e
    conky -c ~/path/conky1 &&
    conky -c ~/path/conky2 &&
    conky -c ~/path/conky3
    I've tried adding one & as well as && after the third conky's command, but I still can only get the first two to launch.

    All three launch individually though, just not when I try to group the launch commands for all three in one script.

    I'm sure that this is pretty basic, but could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
    Thank you,
    GG -----------
    GUI we don't need no stinking GUI: A collection of Bash scripts
    Mutt (email), cmus (music),Google Calendar and Google Tasks cli

  3. #21413
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Detachment 7
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyGaijin View Post
    OK Guys,

    Stupid question here!

    There is some problem with my system and I've found it is better to launch my conkies manually instead of auto starting the conkies when I login.

    However, being the lazy guy I am, I thought one launcher that launches all three would be great. The problem is only the first two will launch.

    Code:
    #! /bin/sh -e
    conky -c ~/path/conky1 &&
    conky -c ~/path/conky2 &&
    conky -c ~/path/conky3
    I've tried adding one & as well as && after the third conky's command, but I still can only get the first two to launch.

    All three launch individually though, just not when I try to group the launch commands for all three in one script.

    I'm sure that this is pretty basic, but could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?
    Try it this way instead;
    conky -c ~/path/conky1 &
    conky -c ~/path/conky2 &
    conky -c ~/path/conky3
    Hope it helps!

    Jed
    | [I]Running 'VSIDO' | My blog |

  4. #21414
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Beans
    816
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedcurtis View Post
    Try it this way instead;
    conky -c ~/path/conky1 &
    conky -c ~/path/conky2 &
    conky -c ~/path/conky3
    Hope it helps!

    Jed
    Thanks Jed! By the way, where are you? I noticed your weather a few posts back and it looks like it is colder where you are than here in Sweden.
    Thank you,
    GG -----------
    GUI we don't need no stinking GUI: A collection of Bash scripts
    Mutt (email), cmus (music),Google Calendar and Google Tasks cli

  5. #21415
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Detachment 7
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyGaijin View Post
    Thanks Jed! By the way, where are you? I noticed your weather a few posts back and it looks like it is colder where you are than here in Sweden.
    Yes, it's definitely cold. This is the coldest time of the year here. I'm in Northern Maine, USA...
    | [I]Running 'VSIDO' | My blog |

  6. #21416
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    My latest attempt at something on the minimal side ... no idea how long it will last:
    Last edited by Sector11; January 10th, 2013 at 12:30 AM.

  7. #21417
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    My latest attempt at something on the minimal side ... no idea how long it will last:
    I would say it's more "compact" than minimal; you still managed to get most of your system information and a full forecast in a mere few lines. I like it.
    Who's Awesome? You're Awesome.

  8. #21418
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Petro Dawg View Post
    I would say it's more "compact" than minimal; you still managed to get most of your system information and a full forecast in a mere few lines. I like it.
    Well, yea, you're right - more compact than minimal.

    I went from 15 conkys to a total of 7 (on 3 desktops) in the past few weeks. Maybe that's why it looks minimal to me.

  9. #21419
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    Well, yea, you're right - more compact than minimal.

    I went from 15 conkys to a total of 7 (on 3 desktops) in the past few weeks. Maybe that's why it looks minimal to me.
    While you are minimizing, I am expanding. For the first time, I now have 2 Conkys going and am working on a third.
    Who's Awesome? You're Awesome.

  10. #21420
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Petro Dawg View Post
    While you are minimizing, I am expanding. For the first time, I now have 2 Conkys going and am working on a third.
    RED ALERT! ... RED ALERT!
    Another conky addict in the making!!


Page 2142 of 2325 FirstFirst ... 1142164220422092213221402141214221432144215221922242 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •