Page 2105 of 2300 FirstFirst ... 1105160520052055209521032104210521062107211521552205 ... LastLast
Results 21,041 to 21,050 of 22993

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

  1. #21041
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by ragamatrix View Post
    I think I'm a conky addict...I played again to build it really compact...
    May-be to much
    [IMG][/IMG]
    bigger-->http://pix.toile-libre.org/?img=1352465606.png
    You've got lucky températures...Here winter comes with soon (-) in conky.
    Looks good! Nothing wrong with that at all. This all started with a simple 24 hours clock ....

    No we get winter in June July and August - it's too hot here for this time of year.

    This is the code you want for thumbnails to your image at toile-libre.org:
    = = = = =

    = = = = =
    Hit quote and take a look.

  2. #21042
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Under a rock
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by ragamatrix View Post
    I think I'm a conky addict...I played again to build it really compact...
    May-be to much

    bigger-->http://pix.toile-libre.org/?img=1352465606.png
    You've got lucky températures...Here winter comes with soon (-) in conky.
    i like the use of the lcd font
    the only thing i dont like about this setup (nothing to do with you ragamatrix) is the look of the day numbers around the circle on the left

    i think it would look better
    1 -if those single digit numbers were 2 digit
    2 - reduce clutter - reduce fontsize or substitute some of the numbers for dots (or make the circle bigger)

    for this version i would see if you can get the sun more centered in the lower circle
    Last edited by mrpeachy; November 9th, 2012 at 08:41 PM.

  3. #21043
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by mrpeachy View Post
    i like the use of the lcd font
    the only thing i dont like about this setup (nothing to do with you ragamatrix) is the look of the day numbers around the circle on the left

    i think it would look better
    1 -if those single digit numbers were 2 digit
    2 - reduce clutter - reduce fontsize or substitute some of the numbers for dots (or make the circle bigger)

    for this version i would see if you can get the sun more centered in the lower circle
    Is there some way to have the day numbers only display the even numbers?

    02, 04, 06, ... 12, 14,16, etc but leave the dots?

    Code:
    -- ########################################################
    -- ### START DIAL D ### Left - Day Numbers Dial ###########
    -- GET NUMBER OF DAYS IN CURRENT MONTH
    -- calculate Feb, then set up table
    year4num=os.date("%Y")
    t1=os.time({year=year4num,month=03,day=01,hour=00,min=0,sec=0});
    t2=os.time({year=year4num,month=02,day=01,hour=00,min=0,sec=0});
    febdaynum=tonumber((os.difftime(t1,t2))/(24*60*60))
    -- MONTH TABLE
    monthdays={31,febdaynum,31,30,31,30,31,31,30,31,30,31}
    this_month=tonumber(os.date("%m"))
    number_days=monthdays[this_month]
    -- TEXT positioning
    local center_x=95
    local center_y=175
    local radius=50
    cairo_select_font_face (cr, "monofur", CAIRO_FONT_SLANT_NORMAL, CAIRO_FONT_WEIGHT_BOLD);
    cairo_set_font_size (cr, 9)
    cairo_set_source_rgba (cr,1,1,1,1) --(cr,194/255,204/255,255/255,1)	-- (cr,1,1,1,1)
    for i=1,number_days do
    -- OUTTER POINTS POSTION FOR TEXT
    local point=(math.pi/180)*((360/number_days)*(i-1))
    local x=0+radius*(math.sin(point))
    local y=0-radius*(math.cos(point))
    -- CALCULATE CENTRE OF TEXT
    local text=i
    local extents=cairo_text_extents_t:create()
    cairo_text_extents(cr,text,extents)
    local width=extents.width
    local height=extents.height
    cairo_move_to(cr,center_x+x-(width/2),center_y+y+(height/2))
    cairo_show_text (cr, text)
    cairo_stroke (cr)
    end
    -- INNER POINTS POSITION, radius smaller than text circle
    local radius=40
    for i=1,number_days do
    local point=(math.pi/180)*((360/number_days)*(i-1))
    local x=0+radius*(math.sin(point))
    local y=0-radius*(math.cos(point))
    cairo_arc (cr,center_x+x,center_y+y,1,0,2*math.pi)
    cairo_stroke (cr)
    end
    -- DRAW HAND -- snaps to current DAY
    local this_day=tonumber(os.date("%d"))
    local hand_length=35--radius for this calculation
    local point=(math.pi/180)*((360/number_days)*(this_day-1))
    local x=0+hand_length*(math.sin(point))
    local y=0-hand_length*(math.cos(point))
    cairo_move_to (cr,center_x,center_y)
    cairo_line_to (cr,center_x+x,center_y+y)
    cairo_stroke (cr)
    -- ### END CLOCK D ########################################

  4. #21044
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Beans
    0

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Thanks Mr Peachy, the font used is "digital-7 font" I was looking for the Digitalk one but it's not free i think.
    About the numbers of days during the month the problem is about 31 or 30 ?
    Sector11 got a good idea if a dot is "free" ? (sorry for my English) That can leave free space for it.
    I've found a conky wich display "wind" "barometer" and "thermometer"; no problem of languages, just metric F° or C° or Mph oder Km/h run with the Didier-T meteo-lua one. You can also run the Pressio&thermometer graph with and follow the path to the "CondCour" to make it work correctly...
    [IMG]http://pix.toile-libre.org/upload/thumb/1352499162.png[/IMG]

  5. #21045
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Under a rock
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    you can change this for loop
    Code:
    for i=1,number_days do
    -- OUTTER POINTS POSTION FOR TEXT
    local point=(math.pi/180)*((360/number_days)*(i-1))
    local x=0+radius*(math.sin(point))
    local y=0-radius*(math.cos(point))
    -- CALCULATE CENTRE OF TEXT
    local text=i
    local extents=cairo_text_extents_t:create()
    cairo_text_extents(cr,text,extents)
    local width=extents.width
    local height=extents.height
    cairo_move_to(cr,center_x+x-(width/2),center_y+y+(height/2))
    cairo_show_text (cr, text)
    cairo_stroke (cr)
    end
    to this
    Code:
    for i=1,number_days do
    -- OUTTER POINTS POSTION FOR TEXT
    local point=(math.pi/180)*((360/number_days)*(i-1))
    local x=0+radius*(math.sin(point))
    local y=0-radius*(math.cos(point))
    -- CALCULATE CENTRE OF TEXT
    --only print even numbers
    if math.mod(i, 2) == 0 then
    --set text when even
    text=i
    else
    --set text when odd
    text=""
    end--odd even matching
    local extents=cairo_text_extents_t:create()
    cairo_text_extents(cr,text,extents)
    local width=extents.width
    local height=extents.height
    cairo_move_to(cr,center_x+x-(width/2),center_y+y+(height/2))
    cairo_show_text (cr, text)
    cairo_stroke (cr)
    end
    and if you wanted to make them all double digit change this part
    Code:
    --only print even numbers
    if math.mod(i, 2) == 0 then
    --set text when even
    text=string.format("%02d",i)--formats numbers to double digits
    else
    --set text when odd
    text=""
    end--odd even matching
    Last edited by mrpeachy; November 10th, 2012 at 02:28 AM.

  6. #21046
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by ragamatrix View Post
    Thanks Mr Peachy, the font used is "digital-7 font" I was looking for the Digitalk one but it's not free i think.
    About the numbers of days during the month the problem is about 31 or 30 ?
    Sector11 got a good idea if a dot is "free" ? (sorry for my English) That can leave free space for it.
    I've found a conky wich display "wind" "barometer" and "thermometer"; no problem of languages, just metric F° or C° or Mph oder Km/h run with the Didier-T meteo-lua one. You can also run the Pressio&thermometer graph with and follow the path to the "CondCour" to make it work correctly...
    [IMG]http://pix.toile-libre.org/upload/thumb/1352499162.png[/IMG]
    Digitalk font is free.

  7. #21047
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Beans
    0

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    @Sector11
    Thanks; you're right but this one "write" only numbers and no letters, it doesn't matter, cause the Digital-7 is also good and can be usefull to write words.

  8. #21048
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Beans
    0

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    If you're interested in test and playing conky.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/63154177/conky-graph-baro.zip

  9. #21049
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by mrpeachy View Post
    you can change this for loop
    Code:
    for i=1,number_days do
    -- OUTTER POINTS POSTION FOR TEXT
    local point=(math.pi/180)*((360/number_days)*(i-1))
    local x=0+radius*(math.sin(point))
    local y=0-radius*(math.cos(point))
    -- CALCULATE CENTRE OF TEXT
    local text=i
    local extents=cairo_text_extents_t:create()
    cairo_text_extents(cr,text,extents)
    local width=extents.width
    local height=extents.height
    cairo_move_to(cr,center_x+x-(width/2),center_y+y+(height/2))
    cairo_show_text (cr, text)
    cairo_stroke (cr)
    end
    to this
    Code:
    for i=1,number_days do
    -- OUTTER POINTS POSTION FOR TEXT
    local point=(math.pi/180)*((360/number_days)*(i-1))
    local x=0+radius*(math.sin(point))
    local y=0-radius*(math.cos(point))
    -- CALCULATE CENTRE OF TEXT
    --only print even numbers
    if math.mod(i, 2) == 0 then
    --set text when even
    text=i
    else
    --set text when odd
    text=""
    end--odd even matching
    local extents=cairo_text_extents_t:create()
    cairo_text_extents(cr,text,extents)
    local width=extents.width
    local height=extents.height
    cairo_move_to(cr,center_x+x-(width/2),center_y+y+(height/2))
    cairo_show_text (cr, text)
    cairo_stroke (cr)
    end
    and if you wanted to make them all double digit change this part
    Code:
    --only print even numbers
    if math.mod(i, 2) == 0 then
    --set text when even
    text=string.format("%02d",i)--formats numbers to double digits
    else
    --set text when odd
    text=""
    end--odd even matching
    Right in the middle of answering ragamatrix my wife decided to was time for bed. Grrrrr

    Anyway been playing with this. Thank you very much. I'm of a mixed mind as to whether to show the even number only layout or not now. Certainly less crowed, easier to read but something ... donno what, maybe it just needs time. But the extra 0 from 1 to 9 is a big plus.

    Thank you



    @ ragamatrix

    I didn't use Digital-7 because it stopped working properly for me. Any font with a "-" in it requires a "\" to work at all ie: Digital\-7 and that doesn't guarantee it works. Look at the insert above. Sad because Digital-7 is a super font.

    However with the way the numbers go around the circle a 'true' digital mono font puts a bit of a space before the 1 and the day "dot" making the numbers look out of place for numbers between 10 and 19.

    On the right: Digitalk - monospace. BTW, It was designed for use in clocks - so no letters.

    On the left: Digital tech - variable space digital font that hugs the circle better. And now that I look I see "01 Digitall" looks nice in this situation as well.

    Thanks guys ... much appreciated

  10. #21050
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Beans
    0

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    ok I tried a little bit but I lose the dots when I do the Mr Peachy code, something I did not understand...
    And one more good digit font : Liquid Crystal-->http://www.dafont.com/fr/liquid-crystal.font
    ok I stop...
    Last edited by ragamatrix; November 10th, 2012 at 06:06 PM.

Page 2105 of 2300 FirstFirst ... 1105160520052055209521032104210521062107211521552205 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •